Can I combine a +2 unit with a 1 and still get +3?

I recently pulled 3 ryomas on the latest banners two were +hp -spd and the 3rd was -hp + res. Obviously I dont want to put any time into the -spd however if i combine those with the third ryoma and have  a +2 ryoma and if i were to later pull a +spd ryoma would I be able to combine the +2 ryoma with the hypothetical 4th ryoma to end up with a ryoma +3 and a the +speed iv? im sorry if you dont understand what i mean its a little hard to explain.

thank you i just wanted that option open if a better iv ryoma  ever did come along otherwise id be stuck with them in my castle for a while. Also has there been an update yet where merging transfers over inherited skills too . Might be more convienient for me to put skills on the other ryomas before merging so i dont have to a harder grind for sp

1) For future reference, there's an Ask a Question thread for stuff like this; there's no need to make a separate thread.

2) Yes to both questions. Merge levels transfer over and all learned skills transfer over when merging.