Quick Riposte 2 vs. 3

So, here's a question someone's probably answered:

Is it worth it to wait to get the third level of quick riposte, or should I just go with 2?

In my case, I'm using it specifically for Xander, and I have a few 4 star Tsubaki's I can just throw away.

But is the extra 10% hp a big enough difference? Hector handles just fine only having 2 on his weapon, and 5-starring a Tsubaki is a big investment. How do the numbers play out on this?

2 works well enough I have it on a number of units (Sharena, Cecilia, and soon Xander)  though I recommend a defensive special to go along with it so you can maintain it longer (Reciprocal Aid/Ardent Sacrifice or a Healer is also helpful for this) 3 is better if you have a TON of feathers but in my opinion you have bigger fish to fry. 

Edited by Locke087

23 minutes ago, Locke087 said:

2 works well enough I have it on a number of units (Sharena, Cecilia, and soon Xander)  though I recommend a defensive special to go along with it so you can maintain it longer (Reciprocal Aid/Ardent Sacrifice or a Healer is also helpful for this) 3 is better if you have a TON of feathers but in my opinion you have bigger fish to fry. 

Thanks, that sounds good.

I'm not entirely sure how many units hit exactly in the 9-13 damage range against him, but as you point out, there are probably better things to do with those feathers.

I don't usually use much healing, I just mainly rely on Julia to keep people up, but that's worth looking into.

Test him out and see how much damage you're generally taking from the opponents you intend him to fight. If you find yourself commonly in the 70-80% range, then it's worth it to at least consider upgrading to Quick Riposte 3. If enemies are dealing more damage than that on a consistent basis, there's no reason to upgrade to Quick Riposte 3 immediately.

Furthermore, ask yourself if you have other units that could use those feathers more effectively.