Question about levels

So I am currently grinding out stats for a team to take on Apotheosis, and I was wondering, if I have all of a units stats maxed out, is there any incentive to continue to raise their level to the maximum? As in does the current or hidden level value affect the hit, crit, and/or avoid rates? I would like to make sure I completely understand if the level system affects anything other than the amount of experience gained before I go into Apotheosis.

If for whatever reason you used underdog, the level might matter. Or if you don't want interrupted gameplay by leveling up in the middle of the xenologue. The displayed level won't impact hidden calculations that concern you.

edit: so no, it doesn't matter

Edited by Vascela

3 hours ago, Vascela said:

If for whatever reason you used underdog, the level might matter. Or if you don't want interrupted gameplay by leveling up in the middle of the xenologue. The displayed level won't impact hidden calculations that concern you.

edit: so no, it doesn't matter

Okay so I have nothing to worry about since I'm not using underdog. Good to know. Thanks!