For Popplio and Primarina fans (one of these might make you cry though)

Anacybele

These are beautiful... The Popplio one made me tear up like crazy though. No joke. But yeah, for us who picked and love Popplio and Primarina! Primarina is one of my top favorite Pokemon, personally and I'll always use one when I can! Favorite Water and Fairy type these days! <3 If we ever get to choose between Alola starters again for whatever reason, of course my choice will always be Popplio (its design grew on me quite a bit too anyway).

I feel some of your pain, Popplio... I've had people take one look at me and misjudge too.

Edited by Anacybele

I choose Popplio because we all know how much I got disappointed  of Incineroar's design.

These are beautiful songs and of course it's Trickywi that made them! I'm surprise that I miss that actually.

Also I see that the second stage evolution curse is still here, for at least the starters that are not Pikachu.

Edited by Nym

Yeah, Incineroar is dumb, imo. Such a completely missed opportunity here when GameFreak could've easily gone for a cool quadrupedal witch tiger/cat while keeping the Fire/Dark typing.

As for second stage evolutions, I guess they're just really never as notable as the first and third stages since the first stage is what you start with and the third is what you end with and use for the remainder of the playthrough.

Edited by Anacybele

A witch tiger/cat? That'd be neat but I think that's what they tried with braixen and delphox honestly.  Only witch fox. I headcanon those fire starters that look stupid as bipeds on four legs anyway. There's fanart of them that way and it looks good. So emboar, delphox, and incineroar.

Popplio was always the fandom's least favorite, wasn't it? At least oshawott got redeemed with its evolutions. I don't mind primarina. It's got a neat mermaid/seal thing going on. But man, I thought delphox males had it bad...now delphox is like a slightly feminine looking dude and primarina is a full out drag queen. Delphox is Soren or Libra. Primarina is Lucius. Lucius isn't a drag queen but yeah. Like I said primarina is still okay. I just think they should've made it look more gender neutral. Which I suppose could apply to incineroar too but most starters are male anyway...

#TeamRowlet

Edited by Dragoncat

Well, I like Pokémon's version of Tony the Tiger. :D

Considering how poor of a job they did with Pyroar's movepool, I dread to think how Incineroar would've turned out if he had been a quadrupedal tiger.

12 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

A witch tiger/cat? That'd be neat but I think that's what they tried with braixen and delphox honestly.  Only witch fox. I headcanon those fire starters that look stupid as bipeds on four legs anyway. There's fanart of them that way and it looks good. So emboar, delphox, and incineroar.

Popplio was always the fandom's least favorite, wasn't it? At least oshawott got redeemed with its evolutions. I don't mind primarina. It's got a neat mermaid/seal thing going on. But man, I thought delphox males had it bad...now delphox is like a slightly feminine looking dude and primarina is a full out drag queen. Delphox is Soren or Libra. Primarina is Lucius. Lucius isn't a drag queen but yeah. Like I said primarina is still okay. I just think they should've made it look more gender neutral. Which I suppose could apply to incineroar too but most starters are male anyway...

#TeamRowlet

Delphox is a mage/wizard, which is a little different. That's more light-hearted magic going on there, generally, what with the Psychic typing and all. Witches are generally depicted as darker and more associated with evil or the devil. Plus, cats are usually their pets! Besides, I wouldn't have put it past GameFreak when they did THREE Fire/Fighting starters in a row... :/ (I love Infernape tho)

It IS odd how Primarina looks so feminine and yet is more often male than female, but I still can't help but love the design anyway. :P

Edited by Anacybele