So I keep seeing this season pass for DLC in echoes, what is it? Do I need it to get the DLC, does it make it less expensive. I'm probably being really dumb but I need to know what this doesn't before I buy the game.

The season pass just gives you access to all DLC with one purchase, but I'd say don't bother, and pick what DLC you want a la carte. Most of the DLC is redundant(IE there are early and late game EXP, Silver/Gold, and item/weapon grinding), and things like the overclasses really don't add much to the game, and make up $15 of the $45 season pass.

There is DLC that expands on the story(The Deliverance DLC), but that's a small fraction of the DLC.

So you can choose to pay say, maybe $15 on DLC you want specifically, instead of $45 on all of the DLC that contains a ton of pointless stuff and overlap.

Edited by Slumber

If you only buy Packs 2~5 (which excludes the early game grinding DLC), it actually costs about 1 USD less than the Season Pass. The early grinding DLC was an extremely grimy thing to do imo. A lot of people bought it when the game came out in Japan, not realizing that a late game grinding DLC would be released in about a week.

9 minutes ago, Slumber said:

The season pass just gives you access to all DLC with one purchase, but I'd say don't bother, and pick what DLC you want a la carte. Most of the DLC is redundant(IE there are early and late game EXP, Silver/Gold, and item/weapon grinding), and things like the overclasses really don't add much to the game, and make up $15 of the $45 season pass.

There is DLC that expands on the story(The Deliverance DLC), but that's a small fraction of the DLC.

So you can choose to pay say, maybe $15 on DLC you want specifically, instead of $45 on all of the DLC that contains a ton of pointless stuff and overlap.

Okay that's cool, the main things I wanted were the overclasses because they look really cool (and I can yell THIS, IS, SPARRTTTAAAA when I go into a level with a spartan), the story expanding DLC, and maybe the grinding DLC if I have any spare money. 

Does echoes have a skirmish system like in awakening, because if their is, I can just use this games equivalent of reeking boxes and render the exp gain map invalid.

Just now, DisobeyedCargo said:

Okay that's cool, the main things I wanted were the overclasses because they look really cool (and I can yell THIS, IS, SPARRTTTAAAA when I go into a level with a spartan), the story expanding DLC, and maybe the grinding DLC if I have any spare money. 

Does echoes have a skirmish system like in awakening, because if their is, I can just use this games equivalent of reeking boxes and render the exp gain map invalid.

There aren't quite skirmishes, but there is no shortage of enemies to grind on. Dungeons already give you enough EXP to grind to high levels without needing any DLC.

2 minutes ago, Slumber said:

There aren't quite skirmishes, but there is no shortage of enemies to grind on. Dungeons already give you enough EXP to grind to high levels without needing any DLC.

So dungeons are replayable, that's good to know. It would pain me to need to use DLC just to be able to cap stats after the main game. 

6 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Without spoiling too much, you will most likely not even have time to use overclasses in the main game unless you grind, and even then it would be an immense overkill. Echoes also already offers grinding, so the grinding DLC feels rather pointless. I would recommend you holding onto your money for something more worthwhile.

To be fair, the grinding DLC is much faster for postgame shenanigans. The actual grinding DLC gives fast levels, but you can get decent EXP out of the Silver grinding one, especially from the bosses, while also getting money for forges at the same time.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy