Voting Gauntlet: War of the Clerics

Vaximillian

10 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Is it possible for Team Lissa to get a multiplier still? What are the scores currently?

At the rate going, no. Here is a picture of how much flags they have received these past few hours. Lissa on the left, Priscilla right.

Although looking at the most recent score.. Lissa has stepped their game up a bit, but Priscilla is still earning a bit more.

IMG_1060.PNG

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm finally going to ask a question that has been bugging me for years. for those who like awakening, Why? i found it incredibly boring. its too easy. I literally have beaten it on the hardest difficulty using just Chrom and the avatar without any healing except for the occasional healing tile.

Just now, Lemmy said:

it's funny how both team elise and the enemy team have great motivation to not play at all

It really is. The thing is a lot of people are gonna be battling anyways. Come on team Elise! Show team Lachesis what you're made of and really get those points!

1 minute ago, kei rosen said:

I'm finally going to ask a question that has been bugging me for years. for those who like awakening, Why? i found it incredibly boring. its too easy. I literally have beaten it on the hardest difficulty using just Chrom and the avatar without any healing except for the occasional healing tile.

Awakening was my first game.  I had no idea what Fire Emblem was except for characters and smash. I picked up Awakening for the first time amd feel in love for many reasons.  A. I thought it had a really good story, especially compared to most games I've played.  B. It was my first actual RPG besides maybe Pokemon that I had played and I loved the ability to choose. C. I loved the future children aspect because time travel and being able to decide their parents.  D. I absolutely loved the story with Chrom X Robin because it adds so much more to the aspects of family and I really liked that.  It might not have been too difficult but it left many opportunities to grow and expand. A game doesn't have to be difficult to be fun

Being on team Elise is suffering this round.

I haven't caught a single multiplier beyond the first two right when the round started and things swung back and fourth for a couple hours as usual. I also have no Elise so I'm not getting the 10% bonus. I'm rank 35k in the army and now 11k overall since I've been gaining virtually no points this round. I'll probably spend some flags to hopefully bump up back to the 30k reward range before things end. But joining Elise has tanked my score compared to Sakura when 7.3x multipliers happened a few times and the 10% bonus for having her was cranking out points. I was like in the top 1k total ranked before. RIP

Hopefully next round Elise gets more multipliers so I can make up for how low my gains have been for this one.

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

Being on team Elise is suffering this round.

I haven't caught a single multiplier beyond the first two right when the round started and things swung back and fourth for a couple hours as usual. I also have no Elise so I'm not getting the 10% bonus. I'm rank 35k in the army and now 11k overall since I've been gaining virtually no points this round. I'll probably spend some flags to hopefully bump up back to the 30k reward range before things end. But joining Elise has tanked my score compared to Sakura when 7.3x multipliers happened a few times and the 10% bonus for having her was cranking out points. I was like in the top 1k total ranked before. RIP

Hopefully next round Elise gets more multipliers so I can make up for how low my gains have been for this one.

please don't spend flags if you want Elise to win

4 minutes ago, kei rosen said:

Well, since you asked...

I mostly like it for the characters. To me, Awakening has a nice cast, Lucina being the one that stands out to me most. She is such a sweetheart if she is your daughter, (The Hot Spring and Future Past convos she has with Robin if she is her mother are touching). So I adore her and Male Morgan as siblings. Sure, the story could use some work and it has flaws, but that's with a lot of games.

Awakening is what got me into FE so it has a special place in my heart.

5 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Awakening was my first game.  I had no idea what Fire Emblem was except for characters and smash. I picked up Awakening for the first time amd feel in love for many reasons.  A. I thought it had a really good story, especially compared to most games I've played.  B. It was my first actual RPG besides maybe Pokemon that I had played and I loved the ability to choose. C. I loved the future children aspect because time travel and being able to decide their parents.  D. I absolutely loved the story with Chrom X Robin because it adds so much more to the aspects of family and I really liked that.  It might not have been too difficult but it left many opportunities to grow and expand. A game doesn't have to be difficult to be fun

Agreed 100% on Chrom/Robin adding more depth to the story, especially the judgement scene in Chapter 21. It's probably one of the reasons why it's one of my OTPs. Also, Morgan and Lucina as siblings just seem so right to me.

16 minutes ago, kei rosen said:

Difficulty isn't the only factor in enjoying games.

After Shadow Dragon's poor reception and New Mystery following in its suit without even making it out of Japan, I thought the FE series was as good as dead. Awakening revived it with all sorts of cool new and old features that have done a lot to contribute to the series, even though in Awakening itself they ended up making it rather easy to break the game if you knew how. Perhaps the most important thing it did was really putting the series in touch with its history, making iconic characters from all the past stories still having a presence in the present even if they hadn't just been remade. And that's another key thing that has stayed with the series, paving the way for stuff like Heroes as a way of bringing even more past characters together.

I haven't had much interest in replaying Awakening in a while, but for all of that, it has a special place in my heart.

New update. Lachesis only increased her deficit by 97 million this time. She needs to increase her deficit by over 140 million for the next 3 hours to get a multiplier on the final hour.

That said, I advise Team Elise against spending flags until the final hour (maybe the second to last hour if the gap is small enough, but that will almost surely backfire). Save them for next round, then go nuts.

EDIT: As in, if Team Elise spends 5 flags per person per round on the second to last hour, Team Lachesis likely gets the multiplier for the final hour. That's how backfire it will be.

EDIT2: So basically, Team Elise should take a break from Voting Gauntlet for the next 3 hours and go find something else to do. Come back in the last hour to spend 400 flags.

Edited by Ice Dragon

45 minutes ago, kei rosen said:

It's not so much about the gameplay as it is the story and characters. The story may have had problems, but so do most games, including the older FEs. The characters were also much more memorable and likable to me than the earlier games. As I've said, I mostly just retain impressions of the older characters I do remember, but I retain much more detailed recollections of the Awakening cast...except Libra. I usually forget he exists. All in all, it was a pleasant experience and some of the characters remain among my favorites, not just in FE, but probably fiction in general. Plus my OTP  is from this game.

Edited by Arthur97

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

New update. Lachesis only increased her deficit by 97 million this time. She needs to increase her deficit by over 140 million for the next 3 hours to get a multiplier on the final hour.

That said, I advise Team Elise against spending flags until the final hour (maybe the second to last hour if the gap is small enough, but that will almost surely backfire). Save them for next round, then go nuts.

alternatively, don't play at all this hour, maybe next

Has Lissa gotten the mulitplier at all today?  I've only been able to check in a couple times, but it's never had the bonus.

I finally got Leo, though, @Anime27Arts

5 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

thanks for such an in-depth reason. honestly, i also thought everything else about the game was great. The big thing with difficulty for me is that it makes replaying the game more fun. i am eternally grateful to awakening for saving the series though, as its one of my favorites

39 minutes ago, kei rosen said:

Oh, really? Well, you could always try it without ever saving. Or maybe give LTCing it a shot?

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

EDIT: As in, if Team Elise spends 5 flags per person per round on the second to last hour, Team Lachesis likely gets the multiplier for the final hour. That's how backfire it will be.

EDIT2: So basically, Team Elise should take a break from Voting Gauntlet for the next 3 hours and go find something else to do. Come back in the last hour to spend 400 flags.

Oh, gods of Nordion and Nohr alike...

47 minutes ago, kei rosen said:

If Awakening was your first strategy game, like it was mine, it wasn't all that easy at first! The tutorial isn't too in-depth and there was a fair amount I learned by trial and error.

I loved it for the same reasons as @Anime27Arts, Chrom x Robin is pretty great for story purposes

I must say, though, that I haven't really returned to Awakening since Fates came out... as much as Fates's story sucks, the gameplay is pretty great, and I have 6 x the number of hours in it than I do in Awakening.

2 minutes ago, Res said:

If Awakening was your first strategy game, like it was mine, it wasn't all that easy at first! The tutorial isn't too in-depth and there was a fair amount I learned by trial and error.

I loved it for the same reasons as @Anime27Arts, Chrom x Robin is pretty great for story purposes

I must say, though, that I haven't really returned to Awakening since Fates came out... as much as Fates's story sucks, the gameplay is pretty great, and I have 6 x the number of hours in it than I do in Awakening.

I kinda like being able to marry whoever I want in Fates.  I always felt like I had to marry Chrom in Awakening, since I'm a min-maxer, and I want two uber kids.

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

That's a little harsh.

This is why we don't bring up ships in threads not related to ships anymore :P

AHEM 

I JUST MADE BACON FRIED RICE FOR MY FELLOW TEAM LISSA PEEPS!

TOGETHER WE STAND WITH THE POWER OF RICE! RISE FOR YLISSE!

WHAT A LOSER!

Edited by Arcanite