General Warriors & FE Warriors Questions Thread

Jedi

5 hours ago, Gustavos said:

Their verdict is that the game definitely runs better than the other Switch Warriors game - Dragon Quest Heroes

That's a poorly done port that has worse frame dips than the Vita version; a game made for the system would hopefully run better than that.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Gustavos said:

I'm surprised you guys never talked about the Digital Foundry report on the E3 demo. While the video is full of scathing remarks about frame dips, presentation, and Omega Force's track record... @Jedi down, boy! Their verdict is that the game definitely runs better than the other Switch Warriors game - Dragon Quest Heroes, and marginally better than the Wii U version of Hyrule Warriors. However, we still have no reference for how the game runs undocked, so far as I'm aware.

Hyrule Warriors ran just fine for me. What's the problem here?

44 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Hyrule Warriors ran just fine for me. What's the problem here?

It ran sub-30 FPS most of the time. Don't care, but that cesspool of a comments section does.

2 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

It ran sub-30 FPS most of the time. Don't care, but that cesspool of a comments section does.

Sub? Really? But yes, so long as it's consistent, I probably won't noticed that it's not 60. HW did good for me and I imagine this one will too.

7 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Sub? Really? But yes, so long as it's consistent, I probably won't noticed that it's not 60. HW did good for me and I imagine this one will too.

It's not consistent-- stuff drops into the low teens. There's just so much going on by that point that it's hard to notice.

I'm still wondering why the hell I looked at that comments section, though. I'm going to be ticked off half the day...

Well, looks like that retweet goal for the pair-up specials Twitter poll won't be met after all. At least the 3000 mark, which is what I was hoping for. Like, REALLY hoping for. With Frederick being in two poll options, the 3000 mark would let him be shown regardless of the results. 2000 retweets would get 2nd place revealed, and 3000 for 3rd place. ONE of Freddy's options would have to be 3rd place.

I had my hopes up a lot because the poll got over 1000 retweets in the first day, and now all of a sudden it's hardly getting anymore. It might not even reach 2000 at the rate it's going. It's only at 1,277 retweets with two days left. It would need more than 1,700 to reach 3000 now.

I'm really bummed not just because Freddy is my favorite, but because he still won't get any gameplay of him shown other than maybe ONE move from being a boss if this keeps up... :( And I'm honestly really surprised at how few people care to see someone who's had practically zero gameplay shown for them.

Not to mention that the previous poll DID reach 3000 retweets before it ended.

But I don't want to sound like a whiner or anything, so I'll just be quiet about it. I just felt like voicing my disappointment...

Edited by Anacybele

23 minutes ago, Hardin said:

Amazing that over 8000 people voted, but only 1300 of them could be bothered to press the RT button. 

Yeah, that too, actually... And you'd think that even if they didn't vote either of Frederick's options, they'd at least retweet it to let second place and him be shown anyway since he's had nothing... And the more new stuff right now, the better, right?

I guess they could be waiting until the last day, but...why wait then? xP

Edited by Anacybele

26 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, that too, actually... And you'd think that even if they didn't vote either of Frederick's options, they'd at least retweet it to let second place and him be shown anyway since he's had nothing... And the more new stuff right now, the better, right?

I guess they could be waiting until the last day, but...why wait then? xP

I can't remember how exactly it went with the first poll, but if I'm remembering correctly then it started off strong the first day, hardly got any retweets the next few, and then somehow jumped up to 3000 right before the poll ended. It could definitely happen again, but we'll have to see. I think we'll definitely get to see second, but third is questionable.

It might also have to do with not many people caring about the dual special attacks as much as they did with the bond conversations, but that's just a guess of mine. Also, seeing how brief the bond conversations were, maybe people don't want to be bothered for the buildup just to be let down again.  

4 minutes ago, Torii said:

I can't remember how exactly it went with the first poll, but if I'm remembering correctly then it started off strong the first day, hardly got any retweets the next few, and then somehow jumped up to 3000 right before the poll ended. It could definitely happen again, but we'll have to see. I think we'll definitely get to see second, but third is questionable.

It might also have to do with not many people caring about the dual special attacks as much as they did with the bond conversations, but that's just a guess of mine. Also, seeing how brief the bond conversations were, maybe people don't want to be bothered for the buildup just to be let down again.  

Yeah, I figured retweets might slow down a little, but not THAT much... But I see. I guess I have to hope that it jumps 3000 right before it ends like last time.

And I also figured people cared a bit more about bond conversations, but I still thought they'd want to see some of Frederick who's BARELY been shown... I mean, new gameplay for a barely shown character, people, in addition to your first and second place winners. What could be better than that right now?

People just don't care about him or seeing more of him. His options barely got any votes while the other two got a ton. It's so sad. Why don't people care more about him? Especially since he has a horse... People went crazy over Xander's horse and Frederick's appears to be no different (it did do a back flip).

Edited by Anacybele

9 hours ago, Gustavos said:

I'm surprised you guys never talked about the Digital Foundry report on the E3 demo. While the video is full of scathing remarks about frame dips, presentation, and Omega Force's track record... @Jedi down, boy! Their verdict is that the game definitely runs better than the other Switch Warriors game - Dragon Quest Heroes, and marginally better than the Wii U version of Hyrule Warriors. However, we still have no reference for how the game runs undocked, so far as I'm aware.

Nah i'm used to the West not being fond of Warriors games, its a common thing, they're liked by the general crowd, and adored in Japan, but critics tend to dislike them.

13 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Nah i'm used to the West not being fond of Warriors games, its a common thing, they're liked by the general crowd, and adored in Japan, but critics tend to dislike them.

The guy doing the analysis is a Warriors fan himself, though. The whole point of DF is being graphics snobs, which of course brings along the worst community of gamers.

Just now, The DanMan said:

The guy doing the analysis is a Warriors fan himself, though. The whole point of DF is being graphics snobs, which of course brings along the worst community of gamers.

Graphics snobs are even wooooorse. 

5 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I should've probably worded that better as "graphical analysis"-- DF themselves tend to be pretty professional. It's just that their comments section and following are hellish jokes.

2 hours ago, The DanMan said:

It's not consistent-- stuff drops into the low teens. There's just so much going on by that point that it's hard to notice.

I'm still wondering why the hell I looked at that comments section, though. I'm going to be ticked off half the day...

Huh, I never really noticed like you said.

1 hour ago, Hardin said:

Amazing that over 8000 people voted, but only 1300 of them could be bothered to press the RT button. 

I think this is the wrong thread.

18 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I admit I care not for the regular series. For both this and Hyrule Warriors, I'm here for the other IP. I don't hate the gameplay, but playing them all could get old. It actually does get old even with characters and settings I like. I mean, I played HW in spurts and would then leave it be for months.

37 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I think this is the wrong thread.

I would've posted in the thread on the tweet, but I was already the last person to post there. Can't double post.

And this is a thread on general FE Warriors stuff, so...

I'd play more Warriors games in general, but most of them are not on Nintendo consoles.

Edited by Anacybele

59 minutes ago, Jedi said:

53 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

I should've probably worded that better as "graphical analysis"-- DF themselves tend to be pretty professional. It's just that their comments section and following are hellish jokes.

Yeah, don't hate the content based on the fan base. I thought that was Gaming 101. Comparative analysis is very welcome information, and provides facts to what would otherwise be a pissing contest of who thinks what "looks like a PS2 game™". I imagine the snark about Omega Force/Team Ninja/Tecmo to be based on the observation of "oh my god, it's the same game we get every year and it still doesn't run properly". People hate sequels all the time for not being different enough or daring to look like its predecessor, but yearly release niche franchises do not receive nearly as much scrutiny.

15 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Yeah, don't hate the content based on the fan base. I thought that was Gaming 101. Comparative analysis is very welcome information, and provides facts to what would otherwise be a pissing contest of who thinks what "looks like a PS2 game™". I imagine the snark about Omega Force/Team Ninja/Tecmo to be based on the observation of "oh my god, it's the same game we get every year and it still doesn't run properly". People hate sequels all the time for not being different enough or daring to look like its predecessor, but yearly release niche franchises do not receive nearly as much scrutiny.

I find it funny how people say its the same game, but much like pokemon you need to play to see the differences, theres actually a sizable number between a various number of titles (which is why the general fanbase despises Dynasty Warriors 6 for instance), but to an outsider its going to look samey despite mechanical differences.

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I find it funny how people say its the same game, but much like pokemon you need to play to see the differences, theres actually a sizable number between a various number of titles (which is why the general fanbase despises Dynasty Warriors 6 for instance), but to an outsider its going to look samey despite mechanical differences.

But what about when they do play every game and critique it for not being different enough, which is the video?

28 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

But what about when they do play every game and critique it for not being different enough, which is the video?

Well that could be an issue, but we literally have had one map and not even close to the amount of characters we'll be having. It's kind of unfair to compare until we get the full game, we don't even have enough people to really focus on the weapon triangle or the Bow vs flier stuff or weapon option stuff yet.

Although I have a severe distrust of any mainstream sites when it comes to opinions or gaming "knowledge", and now that I've seen the video its clear the guy is not actually a hardcore musou fan whatsoever considering he ignored the PS3/PS4 games except a brief mention to DW9 and cited the flaws of the PS2 era instead.

The flaws he touched on were obvious ones, but his ignorance of the PS3 era of games clearly shows he's not actually knowledgable, I wouldn't go much off his wording. Besides the framerate.

Edited by Jedi

2 hours ago, Jedi said:

2 hours ago, Gustavos said:

The critiques in the video aren't about the gameplay, though-- he just touches on how the PS2 games had a consistent high frame rate and how the 7th gen games pushed more enemies and particles on screen at the expense of frame rate.

He's semi-active on neogaf (mostly in the DF threads, as a new video of theirs always gets one) and here's one of his comments:

Honestly, I'm starting to feel that just thinning out the crowds and going for 60fps would yield a better game. Tighten up the combat system, focus on smaller groups and it could work.

I captured that Samurai Warriors footage yesterday for the video and it was immediately apparent that, while it was much uglier, the game just PLAYS much better. The high frame-rate and weirdly smoother character movement makes for a more pleasant experience.

Not sure why the video description labels him a fan if he's clearly disillusioned with the direction the franchise has been following for a decade.
Gaf being Gaf, comments are basically just:

Fire Emblem Warriors is probably the ugliest and most boring Switch release of the year. 

They made it boring to fight thousands of enemies...not sure how you do that. Tighter combat would be much more appreciated than whatever this mess is supposed to be

35 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

The critiques in the video aren't about the gameplay, though-- he just touches on how the PS2 games had a consistent high frame rate and how the 7th gen games pushed more enemies and particles on screen at the expense of frame rate.

He's semi-active on neogaf (mostly in the DF threads, as a new video of theirs always gets one) and here's one of his comments:

Not sure why the video description labels him a fan if he's clearly disillusioned with the direction the franchise has been following for a decade.
Gaf being Gaf, comments are basically just:

Probably best to ignore the comments. If you think it looks fun, then there you go.

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

Probably best to ignore the comments. If you think it looks fun, then there you go.

Yeah. Really, most of the gameplay complaints for Warriors games are easily fixed by Hard mode-- enemies actually gain the will to fight, making rushing into huge groups of enemies dangerous and officers deadly if not carefully engaged. 

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

It doesn't help he's cherrypicking bad comments and focusing on those.

The good-to-bad comments ratio on GAF isn't honestly that different to that of this site. It's just that because it's a much larger site, the bad ones tend to stick out.

58 minutes ago, Jave said:

It doesn't help he's cherrypicking bad comments and focusing on those.

The good-to-bad comments ratio on GAF isn't honestly that different to that of this site. It's just that because it's a much larger site, the bad ones tend to stick out.

I just saw the Youtube ones, but it wasn't pretty.

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

Yeah. Really, most of the gameplay complaints for Warriors games are easily fixed by Hard mode-- enemies actually gain the will to fight, making rushing into huge groups of enemies dangerous and officers deadly if not carefully engaged. 

Hero mode in HW was actually hard.