@Skurge This would probably be how I'd rate them:

Reveal hidden contents

S
Ryougi Shiki (Assassin)
Sakata Kintoki (Rider)
Chloe von Einzbern
B B
Oda Nobunaga
Jeanne d'Arc (Alter) (Santa Lily) (Lancer)
Mecha Eli-Chan

A
Elizabeth Bathory (Halloween) (Caster)
Chacha
Ishtar (Rider)
Elizabeth Bathory (Brave) (Saber)

B
Scathatch (Assassin)
Altria Pendragon (Santa Alter)
Irisviel (Dress of Heaven)
Paul Bunyan

C
Altria Pendragon (Lily)

Storywise the most notable ones for hard content are Chloe, Rider Kintoki, Assassin Shiki, and B B. The first three are incredible damage servants while B B offers generic support and a niche vs Avengers.

Regardless, they are all perfectly useable and there's no reason to miss any of them. Except Lily

Assassin Scathach could move up to A-Tier. Good hit counts are great for Star generation and she can increase her crit damage for a lot of pain. Even her AoE NP deals decent damage due to her Quick boost.
She can also be a tank with her Taunt and Heal/Defense Cut which makes her incredibly good against Riders (which the game loves to throw at you at any given moment).

I currently have evil thoughts about an Arts Team;
Tamamo + Robin Hood with Black Grail & NP5 + Hans Support Waver
Just how much damage could that deal against a Saber, hm ...

Edit:
What was I thinking with Hans? Waver all the way for that sweet NP gain.

Edited by Talandar

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Skurge said:

Robin''s poison is really nasty. Are there any others that have their skills centered around poison?

Not unless you count Arash's resistance to poison.  Which is about as pointless as it gets IMO.  Might be others, but don't care.  I use Robin Hood for the attack debuff, anyway.

6 minutes ago, Talandar said:

Assassin Scathach could move up to A-Tier. Good hit counts are great for Star generation and she can increase her crit damage for a lot of pain. Even her AoE NP deals decent damage due to her Quick boost.
She can also be a tank with her Taunt and Heal/Defense Cut which makes her incredibly good against Riders (which the game loves to throw at you at any given moment).

Fair point. I find Shishou's kit a bit weird, especially the Target Focus, though she is unique for being an assassin with AOE NP, of which there aren't very many.

I would rather use another Tamamo or a unit with an Arts buff skill rather than Waver. The NP charge gain isn't as useful when the team can constantly pull off Arts chains. I know I'm weird for not picking Waver

2 minutes ago, Skurge said:

Robin''s poison is really nasty. Are there any others that have their skills centered around poison?

Wu Zetian and Shuten Doji can apply poison with their NP's, while Hassan of Serenity's Throw (Dagger) skill can apply poison after strengthening. DoT is pretty poor though and none of them have any real synergy with Hood except on the rare occasion Hood's poison debuff misses. Also, at Lv. 10 Sabotage will be able to continuously apply poison because of the cooldown reduction, making a partner that can set poison for Hood kind of pointless.

Also, Robin Hood's Atk debuff is pathetic. Only 5% at Lv. 1 and doesn't offer any better return when maxed out. You are definitely supposed to use it for the poison on his NP turn.

27 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Also, Robin Hood's Atk debuff is pathetic. Only 5% at Lv. 1 and doesn't offer any better return when maxed out. You are definitely supposed to use it for the poison on his NP turn.

It keeps my sorry ass alive in Berserkerland, and I don't have any other reliable attack debuffs off the top of my head.

Mash is more like EX tier for freebie units once she gets all of her skills, though the list only has units from events.

11 minutes ago, eclipse said:

It keeps my sorry ass alive in Berserkerland, and I don't have any other reliable attack debuffs off the top of my head.

If you picked NP2 d'Eon you could have done Target Focus, Evade for Def Up then NP for 36% damage reduction :^)

18 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Mash is more like EX tier for freebie units once she gets all of her skills, though the list only has units from events.

If you picked NP2 d'Eon you could have done Target Focus, Evade for Def Up then NP for 36% damage reduction :^)

I'm still baffled at D'eon's NP scaling

The only other servant i can think off that have that kind of scaling is Leonidas

3 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Mine's only NP1, and then the target focus screws me over.  Now, if I could extend that debuff. . .

I am sure d'Eon will be incredibly useful at max ascension

I am also sure that by the time I get her there, I'll have better options for sabers aside from Caesar.

Man noone on my friends list has a Scatach. Shame, since I'd love to use her to cheese the archer daily even faster.

on a side note: what the fuck is up with Eric Bloodaxe. That NP demerit has to be a fucking joke.

Edited by Skurge

6 minutes ago, Skurge said:

I am sure d'Eon will be incredibly useful at max ascension

I am also sure that by the time I get her there, I'll have better options for sabers aside from Caesar.

Man noone on my friends list has a Scatach. Shame, since I'd love to use her to cheese the archer daily even faster.

on a side note: what the fuck is up with Eric Bloodaxe. That NP demerit has to be a fucking joke.

d'Eon's technically genderless.  Because. . .

Spoiler

in this game, they change genders at will.

Mine is missing some Snake Gems.  I hope they're offered as an event reward soon.  They were my first 4*.

For the archer daily, find a strong Elizabeth.  That's what I did.

And Bloodaxe does that because Bloodaxe.  He's not a particularly great Servant.  But not everyone can save France on their own!

Edited by eclipse

welp I can't wait to see more good offense oriented lancers pop up.

Kinda want Elizabeth to show up on a roll someday because you just can't go wrong with having guts.

What would happen if there was an axeman class in fgo. That'd probably be kinda funny. 

Edited by Skurge

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner
What happened to your Support setup? You only have a Cu without CE on there. Didn't you have Sumanai, Waver and other stuff?

11 hours ago, Skurge said:

I have her but neither do I have the EXP nor the Lancer pieces to ascend her to a proper level.
Tamamo and my 3* or lower Servants are currently my priority.

1 hour ago, Talandar said:

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner
What happened to your Support setup? You only have a Cu without CE on there. Didn't you have Sumanai, Waver and other stuff?

I have her but neither do I have the EXP nor the Lancer pieces to ascend her to a proper level.
Tamamo and my 3* or lower Servants are currently my priority.

Ah i think i fucked up when i last re-set the support

thanks for the heads up

Edit: it should be fixed

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

4 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

edit: it should be fixed

Can confirm.

Looking at the current skills, I really hope that DW keeps continuing the Strengthening Quests and priotize older skills. Every time I look at Tactics, Clairvoyance or Instinct many Servants suffer from them. Especially the Artoria group really needs something, when everybody else has that skill combined with another effect.
#GiveArtoriaAvalon

EDIT:
Clairvoyance-esque Skills maybe less so because a lot of them have 2 effects. Fionn's skill is actually not terrible if it wouldn't be on a terrible Servant. Arash, Anne & Mary, Lancelot, Diarmuid, Jing Ke and Mata Hari could use a bonus effect on theirs (with the exception of Arash's they are 'named').
Though Arjuna's is god awful. Debuff Resistance? Really?

Edited by Talandar

45 minutes ago, Talandar said:

Can confirm.

Looking at the current skills, I really hope that DW keeps continuing the Strengthening Quests and priotize older skills. Every time I look at Tactics, Clairvoyance or Instinct many Servants suffer from them. Especially the Artoria group really needs something, when everybody else has that skill combined with another effect.
#GiveArtoriaAvalon

EDIT:
Clairvoyance-esque Skills maybe less so because a lot of them have 2 effects. Fionn's skill is actually not terrible if it wouldn't be on a terrible Servant. Arash, Anne & Mary, Lancelot, Diarmuid, Jing Ke and Mata Hari could use a bonus effect on theirs (with the exception of Arash's they are 'named').
Though Arjuna's is god awful. Debuff Resistance? Really?

I legit don't know what the fuck they are thinking with Arjuna. Buster Mana burst on a 3 arts servant(aka EMIYA syndrome), not to mention the sheer dumbness of using Pashupata of all things as his NP.

clearly Arjuna need to get Hawkeye

All Tactics really need is a massive value increase imo.

1 hour ago, Talandar said:

Can confirm.

#GiveArtoriaAvalon

Bruh, the Artoria's are in such a bad state it's hilarious. OG Saber is literally the worst 5* in the game at this point

Hopefully however, they buff the Servants want buffed first. Namely, Scathach and Atalanta.

12 minutes ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

Bruh, the Artoria's are in such a bad state it's hilarious. OG Saber is literally the worst 5* in the game at this point

Hopefully however, they buff the Servants want buffed first. Namely, Scathach and Atalanta.

Isn't Saber, Salter, Arthur, and Lartoria the only low tier Artoria

....oh wait thats almost half of them