Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Day 4, in which Dante finally does something.

Bless Shiki for insta-killing trash mobs on their NP turns.

Shiki is that good huh.

somehow I've found using a maxed out Proto Cu+teacher and I from my friends list in conjunction with Jack+Hans makes for some utterly hilarious crits on things.

in other news, FA'd Hector is stupidly fun to use alongside Martha in the earlier caster/archer dailies. 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lu Bu is sooo handy.

i like how there's an entire class of glass cannons in this game.

gonna get kiyohime to fa since she's used in that one japanese themed event and i don't have kintoki. 

Lu Bu+Vlad NP chain is kinda stupid.

Edited by Czarpy

So I finally downloaded Grand Order, it's fun, mostly in bursts. Already I got the archer from Unlimited Blade Works and Marie Antoinette (Why is she a teenager?).It will take so time to get to the level that you are all at. But I"m in no need to rush.

30 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

So I finally downloaded Grand Order, it's fun, mostly in bursts. Already I got the archer from Unlimited Blade Works and Marie Antoinette (Why is she a teenager?).It will take so time to get to the level that you are all at. But I"m in no need to rush.

Emiya's a long term investment, but he's supposed to be good. Marie is a tank.

There's a big event coming soon and the best Avenger is coming within the week. (No, not Dantes. It's the big bad and new villain from  the Orleans chapter.) So save your SQ for those Jeane D'Arc Alter rolls. (and make @MrSmokestack salty on the first try)

the da vinci event is coming with a lot of goodies from the lottery system. while there's no bonus servants, it'd help if you crammed exp and ascension mats into your main team to get as many goodies as you can. There's a crapton of exp cards and ascension items from that event alone. 

please level that Marie to Final Ascension fast so I can play with a max level marie.

on a side note, Emiya's fun to use if you grabbed the teacher and I CE from the chaldea boys event. the crit absorb makes him a bit better.

15 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

There's a big event coming soon and the best Avenger is coming within the week. (No, not Dantes. It's the big bad and new villain from  the Orleans chapter.) So save your SQ for those Jeane D'Arc Alter rolls. (and make @MrSmokestack salty on the first try)

There’s no news that DaVinci will be following within a week of Vengeful Tower. I’m kind of hoping we get America next to be honest.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Did 3 run for this

Cu Semi Solo(battle is over when Caligula is down)

Dantes and the Guards(based Hans and Mash defense stack is 10/10 also Georgios is a god)

SR run(the ussual Herc dismantles Wave 1 and 2 Lalter dump wave 3 and thats about it)

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

There’s no news that DaVinci will be following within a week of Vengeful Tower. I’m kind of hoping we get America next to be honest.

oh yay

billy the kid would be really fun to use in a crit team.

5 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Marie's a teenager because she's summoned from around the time she married Louis XVI, which was before her fifteenth birthday.  Servant summoning generally summons the servant in the "prime of their power", which for Marie is when she first arrived at the French court.

5 hours ago, Czarpy said:

please level that Marie to Final Ascension fast so I can play with a max level marie.

I'd offer to add you (my Marie is NP5, 8/10/8, and level 98, just waiting for the grail from America), but my friend list is generally full.  If a few people go inactive over the next few days (I generally give around a week before deleting), I'll try to remember to post my code here so people can add me.

4 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

If we follow JP, America should be before DaVinci.  JP got Strengthening 1 in-between Dantes and America (which we already have), as well as the Fate collab event that was for the announcement of Heaven's Feel and Last Encore.  Not sure if there's anything coming up that NA can use as an excuse for the Fate collab event though.

8 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Marie's a teenager because she's summoned from around the time she married Louis XVI, which was before her fifteenth birthday.  Servant summoning generally summons the servant in the "prime of their power", which for Marie is when she first arrived at the French court.

I'd offer to add you (my Marie is NP5, 8/10/8, and level 98, just waiting for the grail from America), but my friend list is generally full.  If a few people go inactive over the next few days (I generally give around a week before deleting), I'll try to remember to post my code here so people can add me.

If we follow JP, America should be before DaVinci.  JP got Strengthening 1 in-between Dantes and America (which we already have), as well as the Fate collab event that was for the announcement of Heaven's Feel and Last Encore.  Not sure if there's anything coming up that NA can use as an excuse for the Fate collab event though.

ugh i want the da vinci event to come soon so I can spend my spring break week grinding the shit out of it.

I'm currently at the Orleans part

• Jeanne seems pretty relaxed considering she got tortured then burned alive.
  • What can I do with 1* servants like Mata Hari, Sasaki Kojrou, and Eric Bloodaxe? Can they be good?
  • Who would win in a fight,  Altria or Jeanne?

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I'm currently at the Orleans part

• Jeanne seems pretty relaxed considering she got tortured then burned alive.
  • What can I do with 1* servants like Mata Hari, Sasaki Kojrou, and Eric Bloodaxe? Can they be good?
  • Who would win in a fight,  Altria or Jeanne?

the 1* and 2* servants are useful. it's easy to get them to np5 and ascended. They're all usable and can be pretty handy. Mata Hari's a debuffer, Kojirou's a good assassin and dragon slayer, and Bloodaxe is a discount farmer.  If you lack any gold assassins at the start of Orleans, it's recommended to just use Kojirou or Hassan since they're worth raising. (Jing Ke/Jekyll are good too, but you just started and might not have them) 

Every servant is usable, some moreso than others. You should add more people here since it seems everyone has fucking Mysterious Heroine X on support

You should probably focus on building one of each of the standard classes+mashu right now.  If you want input on teams and whatnot, feel free to ask. I think someone made a FP gacha tier list a while back, but i can't find it. 

Lore wise or in game? Lore wise, Altria is one of the best sabers/lancers you can possibly summon. Jeanne's strong, but isn't really seen outside of ruler class. (idk about her saber or lancer class qualifications.)

• Spoiler

@N30 Isn't Arthuria considered to be a candidate for Grand Saber?

53 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Is Blood ax or Kiyohime better as a general Berserker?

Neither. Lu Bu is the best bosskilling Berserker if you don’t have Heracles and Spartacus will be the best for hand grinding once he gets his second strengthen.

1 hour ago, Czarpy said:
  •   Hide contents

@N30 Isn't Arthuria considered to be a candidate for Grand Saber?

Spoiler

We don't know the qualifications for Grand Saber at this time.  We only know that one of the requirements for Grand Caster is possession of Clairvoyance, and that both Merlin and Solomon qualify.  Additionally, we know that King Hassan qualifies for Grand Assassin, and that Gilgamesh does not qualify for Grand Archer, though we don't know the requirements for either vessel.  No one has been confirmed to qualify for any of the other vessels, so anything regarding them is speculation.

You might be thinking of Top Servants, which are summoned by the Moon Cell, which also refers to the "greatest heroes of humanity".  Altria/Artoria is a Top Servant, but that's not actually related to Grand Servants.

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

as a general hand farmer, I would pick Spartacus, Darius and Bloodaxe as prob the best non gold AoE farmers.

Spartacus currently cannot 1shot 3rd waves of hands, but he has a np battery skill. With his future SQ he will be able to instakill last wave with his own buffs only

Eric is a decent zerk, not as easy to setup as Spartacus but can work just the same.

I advise against Kyo...her dmg is really low for a 3* zerk and sometimes she even fails to kill wave2 of daily hands for me ><

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Lu Bu is the best general Berserker. Just need Mash to keep him alive and he smashes things really hard.

For farming it's either Spartacus or Kiyohime after their Strengthen. Both get a 3rd skill later which boosts their Buster performance, allowing them to clear waves pretty easily. Spartacus takes a bit longer than her but on the other hand he is more self-sufficient thanks to his NP charge skill and has another Strengthening Quest which boosts his NP multiplier. 

Btw. @MrSmokestack yorokobe, Martha just got her 3rd Strengthening Quest which makes her NP deal some serious damage.
Though this round of Strengthening Quests are quite disappointing. Just NP multipliers for most of the launch Servants and Agartha Caster is still pretty bad.

1 hour ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:
  Reveal hidden contents

We don't know the qualifications for Grand Saber at this time.  We only know that one of the requirements for Grand Caster is possession of Clairvoyance, and that both Merlin and Solomon qualify.  Additionally, we know that King Hassan qualifies for Grand Assassin, and that Gilgamesh does not qualify for Grand Archer, though we don't know the requirements for either vessel.  No one has been confirmed to qualify for any of the other vessels, so anything regarding them is speculation.

You might be thinking of Top Servants, which are summoned by the Moon Cell, which also refers to the "greatest heroes of humanity".  Altria/Artoria is a Top Servant, but that's not actually related to Grand Servants.

Spoiler

Clearly Gil considers the vessel of Grand Servant beneath him

22 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

Btw. @MrSmokestack yorokobe, Martha just got her 3rd Strengthening Quest which makes her NP deal some serious damage.
Though this round of Strengthening Quests are quite disappointing. Just NP multipliers for most of the launch Servants and Agartha Caster is still pretty bad.

So I’ve read.

Buster Up is a bit wasted because she can’t NPBB, and Def Down still doesn’t apply before the damage. I would have liked to see her animations get an update too.

Carmilla though...her buff puts her on par with Jack in my opinion, overtaking her for both cost and damage when the enemy is unbuffed.

Can’t wait for the salt tomorrow when the last strengthen is not for OG Saber. I’m thinking another extra class will get the buff instead.

1 hour ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

whoopsie

top servants sound like a tricky concept to balance. I mean yeah no shit Artoria, Hercules, Achilles, and Gil would qualify, but does it also encapsulate the servants of the star class like Tesla/Drake despite them not being outright greatest heroes of humanity level?

Spoiler

Edited by Czarpy

I did all the floors so far, the only one I nearly lost was Caster Gilles' gate. He let off his NP and I was left with Mash. I beat it at least. I thought I would have the hardest time with Caligula's gate, but I didn't lose anyone(thanks Nero) and it was my fastest clear. I also decided to raise Atalante.

1 hour ago, Czarpy said:
  Hide contents

whoopsie

top servants sound like a tricky concept to balance. I mean yeah no shit Artoria, Hercules, Achilles, and Gil would qualify, but does it also encapsulate the servants of the star class like Tesla/Drake despite them not being outright greatest heroes of humanity level?

Spoiler

Top servants specifically have only been summoned as such by the Moon Cell to act against threats to it.  They seem to be Moon Cell's version of Grand Servants, but we don't know enough about either to say for certain.  Gilgamesh, Artoria, Iskandar, and Jeanne were all summoned during Extella to try and deal with Altera.  Karna may have been too, as Tamamo refers to him as Top Servant.  Scathach and Romulus also apparently qualify (though I don't really have a reliable source for this).  Heracles and Achilles are not confirmed to qualify (though Heracles probably does).

Star attribute spirits are the "hope of humanity" (plus parody servants from space).  They generally mark a point of great hope for humanity, not that they're the greatest of heroes (though the two aren't mutually exclusive).  This includes Scathach, Romulus, Jeanne, Bedivere, Drake, Tesla, Holmes, Da Vinci, Mozart, Santa Altera, MHX, and MHXA:

- Jeanne is confirmed to be a Top Class Servant.  Scathach and Romulus should be as well (again, no reliable source).

- Bedivere only qualifies as a Heroic Spirit due to his actions during the Camelot singularity, so it's unknown if the Moon Cell could summon him at all, due to the nature of singularities.  The Moon Cell records human history while singularities are outside of history.  IIRC, servants on the Moon Cell are summoned based on it's records, not from the Throne of Heroes.  This might only apply to FGO Bedivere though.

- Drake, Tesla, Holmes, Da Vinci, and Mozart are not confirmed as Top Class yet.  Extella Link might change that for Drake, but I doubt Mozart qualifies due to being a pretty poor human in general.

- Santa Altera, MHX, and MHXA probably don't qualify as Top Class, if they're recorded in the Moon Cell at all.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

1 minute ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:
  Hide contents

Top servants specifically have only been summoned as such by the Moon Cell to act against threats to it.  They seem to be Moon Cell's version of Grand Servants, but we don't know enough about either to say for certain.  Gilgamesh, Artoria, Iskandar, and Jeanne were all summoned during Extella to try and deal with Altera.  Karna may have been too, as Tamamo refers to him as Top Servant.  Scathach and Romulus also apparently qualify (though I don't really have a reliable source for this).  Heracles and Achilles are not confirmed to qualify (though Heracles probably does).

Star attribute spirits are the "hope of humanity" (plus parody servants from space).  They generally mark a point of great hope for humanity, not that they're the greatest of heroes (though the two aren't mutually exclusive).  This includes Scathach, Romulus, Jeanne, Bedeviere, Drake, Tesla, Holmes, Da Vinci, Mozart, Santa Altera, MHX, and MHXA:

- Jeanne is confirmed to be a Top Class Servant.  Scathach and Romulus should be as well (again, no reliable source).

- Bedeviere only qualifies as a Heroic Spirit due to his actions during the Camelot singularity, so it's unknown if the Moon Cell could summon him at all, due to the nature of singularities.  The Moon Cell records human history while singularities are outside of history.  IIRC, servants on the Moon Cell are summoned based on it's records, not from the Throne of Heroes.

- Drake, Tesla, Holmes, Da Vinci, and Mozart are not confirmed as Top Class yet.  Extella Link might change that for Drake, but I doubt Mozart qualifies due to being a pretty poor human in general.

- Santa Altera, MHX, and MHXA probably don't qualify as Top Class, if they're recorded in the Moon Cell at all.

Spoiler

wait what's the deal with Bedeviere?

I'm a little confused as to how Romulus could qualify as a top servant.

if Mozart shows up in extella, I will buy that game. 

the deal with pseudoservants/phantasms is kinda confusing tbh.