Weapon Weight

Ayasho

Weapon weight only affects speed and nothing else.

Also, a weapon having a high weight provides no advantage to the user.

Thanks, that's what I gathered from all the "Calculations" and other pages, but it was counter-intuitive to me.

The unit's strength or the weapon's strength?

unit's strength in determining if the weapon will slow the unit down

Well...I'll give an example.

The Wind Edge has a weight of 10. Let's say you never leveled up Edward and he still has 7 strength. You give him the Wind Edge, which slows him down becaus 10 is bigger than 7. 10-7=3, so Edward loses 3 in speed, so his speed is -3 while equipped with the Wind Edge.

Well...I'll give an example.

The Wind Edge has a weight of 10. Let's say you never leveled up Edward and he still has 7 strength. You give him the Wind Edge, which slows him down becaus 10 is bigger than 7. 10-7=3, so Edward loses 3 in speed, so his speed is -3 while equipped with the Wind Edge.

i know that. But doesn't his weight have anything to do with this?

So does that mean most magic users are royally screwed, especially Sanaki?

You don't need to factor her weight and all that. She's screwed no matter what against non magic units

Magic tomes are quite light in comparison to weapons. If one chooses to make use of Sanaki it is not unrealistic to expect her to gain enough strength so as not to suffer a deprecation of speed, assuming she is given proper attention; at least, in my opinion. Without such special attention, however, the combination of her initially low strength and speed will very much reduce her potential usefulness. Soren was in a similar situation in Path of Radiance but Sanaki at least has a fair strength growth rate (and can more easily take advantage of bonus experience points). Sanaki is, as you say, screwed if she is nonchalantly cast into the battlefield.

Magic tomes are quite light in comparison to weapons. If one chooses to make use of Sanaki it is not unrealistic to expect her to gain enough strength so as not to suffer a deprecation of speed, assuming she is given proper attention; at least, in my opinion. Without such special attention, however, the combination of her initially low strength and speed will very much reduce her potential usefulness. Soren was in a similar situation in Path of Radiance but Sanaki at least has a fair strength growth rate (and can more easily take advantage of bonus experience points). Sanaki is, as you say, screwed if she is nonchalantly cast into the battlefield.

exactly, I was thinking along the lines of that...