We have an introduction thread? Since when?

Lau

Greetings one and all. I've been here for a couple of days, been lurking even longer, but not once did I see this. Ah well, better late than never.

I'm Lautsuu, and I am British, so if you see me spelling as 'favourite' and such, that's why.

I got into Fire Emblem thanks to, yeah, you guessed it, Super Smash Bros Brawl. I was playing through the SSE and saw Marth and was like, hot damn hello. I researched him, as I do with anything I'm interested in, and discovered a nifty little series called Fire Emblem. I found out about Roy and Ike too. So, I realised that Awakening was the most recent game in the series (I got Brawl really late, sue me), watched half a playthrough of it, and managed to get a pre-owned copy because I'm a poor bugger. ...I, I loved it. Very much so. Then Smash 4 was announced. I joined that hype train around the time Diddy Kong and Little Mac were announced, saw Marth was already in and he looked absolutely stunning, and the rest is history.

Marth is bae my all time favourite, with Roy a close second. Corrin is my least favourite out of the Lords, with Ike a close second kill me if you want, but do it as yourself pfffft .

So yes, tl;dr I'm a boring peasant. How do you do?

Hi! I am a fellow Brit, but I tend to alternate between spellings because I now live in the wretched wastes of the U.S. and can't always be bothered to correct my phone's auto-correct. 

46 minutes ago, Res said:

Hi! I am a fellow Brit, but I tend to alternate between spellings because I now live in the wretched wastes of the U.S. and can't always be bothered to correct my phone's auto-correct. 

Hello! It's always nice to meet people of the same nationality~ What's it like in the US? I've never been.

Just now, Lautsuu said:

Hello! It's always nice to meet people of the same nationality~ What's it like in the US? I've never been.

All in all it's not too bad, but it's not home, and the cultural differences have grown really stark as of late! I've been here nearly 9 years and the first few years it was fun and new and exciting, but ironically the longer I stay here, the more alien I feel. I try to get back to the motherland at least once every 18 months or so. :)

10 minutes ago, Res said:

All in all it's not too bad, but it's not home, and the cultural differences have grown really stark as of late! I've been here nearly 9 years and the first few years it was fun and new and exciting, but ironically the longer I stay here, the more alien I feel. I try to get back to the motherland at least once every 18 months or so. :)

I'd imagine it would've been hard to get used to considering the distance as well. Either way, I hope you're alright:)

9 minutes ago, Køkø said:

Hey there. My introduction post was late too, didn't even see it there. Hope you're around often, it feels pretty barren here sometimes.

Hi! Yeah, I agree. I'll definitely be around often, it's just been a while since I've joined a forum, the last one being SmashBoards back in 2015. I hope to see you around a lot too:)

Welcome to the Forest, Lautsuu!

10 hours ago, Lautsuu said:

So yes, tl;dr I'm a boring peasant. How do you do?

I'm doing quite fine, thank you, fellow peasant.

Have a nice day and keep enjoying your stay!

8 minutes ago, Ycine said:

Welcome to the Forest, Lautsuu!

I'm doing quite fine, thank you, fellow peasant.

Have a nice day and keep enjoying your stay!

Hello! I will, thank you, and you too!

1 hour ago, Lerandel said:

Welcome along to the Forest!

I'm a late poster too, with a year between my registration and the first post.

Hi, thank you!

Yeah, sometimes I'm a bit awkward with my first post, but once I get that out of the way, I can't stop.

On 6/28/2017 at 2:21 PM, Res said:

B-but FREEDOM!

Anyways welcome lautsuu.