Bound Hero Battle: Children of Fate

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like everyone is using a green mage at some point.  Trying to figure out how to do it with my units, anyone see a team - I'm fresh out of ideas:

Spoiler

Lloyd
Sp!Camilla
Ninian
Bride!Cordelia
Seliph
Corrin
Caeda
Leo
Effie
Clair
Olwen
Sp!Chrom
Hector
Minerva
Sum!Gaius
Jaffar
Fredrick
Genny
Sakura
4* Alfonse
4* Ursla
4* Anna
4* Michalis
4* Felcia
4* Gaius
4* Zephiel
4* Robin

Damn windsweep and flier healer...

Finally beat all three modes! It took a bit of trial  and error but I did it for those orbs!!  Surprisingly,  I didn't have to do any last-minute skill inheritance, just changing my seals around.  If anyone is interested my team was Ninian, Leo, F!Robin and Camilla.   If anyone wants my strategy,  I'd be glad to tell the glorious tale.

18 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Seems like everyone is using a green mage at some point.  Trying to figure out how to do it with my units, anyone see a team - I'm fresh out of ideas:

Reveal hidden contents

Lloyd
Sp!Camilla
Ninian
Bride!Cordelia
Seliph
Corrin
Caeda
Leo
Effie
Clair
Olwen
Sp!Chrom
Hector
Minerva
Sum!Gaius
Jaffar
Fredrick
Genny
Sakura
4* Alfonse
4* Ursla
4* Anna
4* Michalis
4* Felcia
4* Gaius
4* Zephiel
4* Robin

Damn windsweep and flier healer...

My team was Celica/Kagerou/Azura/Anna. I guess you could say Kagerou did everything a Green mage is supposed to do, but a bit more.

What SI do those units have? You have some pretty strong stuff, but they need to be SIed for that to be true.

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

My team was Celica/Kagerou/Azura/Anna. I guess you could say Kagerou did everything a Green mage is supposed to do, but a bit more.

What SI do those units have? You have some pretty strong stuff, but they need to be SIed for that to be true.

Most are Vanilla skills.  Exceptions are (in addition to vanilla skills) -

Sp!Camilla w/ Gronnraven+ and TA3
Loyd w/ DC, Vantage 3, Threaten Spd 3, Draw Back
Hector w/ Vantage 3
Ninian w/ Fortify Def 3
Bride!Cordelia w/ Brave Bow+, Death Blow 3, Escape Roue 3 or Vantage 1
Spring!Chrom w/ Renewal 3
Jaffar w/ Seal Spd 3, Threaten Spd 3

Jaffar is +1 and Sakura is +2

Unfortunately, I don't have any good SI units (not even reposition/draw back fodder)

Edited by Lushen

9 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Most are Vanilla skills.  Exceptions are (in addition to vanilla skills) -

Sp!Camilla w/ Gronnraven+ and TA3
Loyd w/ DC, Vantage 3, Threaten Spd 3, Draw Back
Hector w/ Vantage 3
Ninian w/ Fortify Def 3
Bride!Cordelia w/ Brave Bow+, Death Blow 3, Escape Roue 3 or Vantage 1
Spring!Chrom w/ Renewal 3
Jaffar w/ Seal Spd 3, Threaten Spd 3

Unfortunately, I don't have any good SI units (not even reposition/draw back fodder)

Lloyd with the Spd +1 Seal and Regal Blade won't get Windswept, so you can use him in place of mkv's Palla. Bridelia can ORKO the Blue Mage Cav, so use her to break the wall on turn 1 while Lloyd gets in place, then have her kill off the Blue Mage Cav quickly. Hector can tank the Lance Cav and kill him back, even without Bonfire iirc. Then put Ninian on the team, and you should be able to just wing Alm and Celica. You can sort of replicate my strat to some degree, I'll post it shortly.

I suggest a different C skill on Ninian; a Hone is better in the long run anyway.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

7 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Lloyd with the Spd +1 Seal and Regal Blade won't get Windswept, so you can use him in place of mkv's Palla. Bridelia can ORKO the Blue Mage Cav, so use her to break the wall on turn 1 while Lloyd gets in place, then have her kill off the Blue Mage Cav quickly. Hector can tank the Lance Cav and kill him back, even without Bonfire iirc. Then put Ninian on the team, and you should be able to just wing Alm and Celica. You can sort of replicate my strat to some degree, I'll post it shortly.

Actually got very close w/ that.  Was able to kill Alm with Ninian and Bride!Cordelia.  Bride!Cordlie could surprisingly tank the green mage who lloyd killed next.  Just Celica and the Green flier remained. Celica was sadly in range of both Lloyd and Bride!Cordelia so I may need to throw in some positioning skills.  And she could somehow double Lloyd so yea...

Edited by Lushen

1 minute ago, Lushen said:

Actually got very close w/ that.  Was able to kill Alm with Ninian and Bride!Cordelia.  Bride!Cordlie could surprisingly tank the green mage who lloyd killed next.  Just Celica and the Green flier remained. Celica was sadly in range of both Lloyd and Bride!Cordelia so I may need to throw in some positioning skills.

Yeah, some form of movement on Hector is an important start, probably. Jt didn't come up that time but it's super annoying to move him away when Alm and Celica push from the right.

I managed to defeat the Infernal level after a few tries. My team was:

• Camus 5* (Fury 3, Vantage 3, Goad Cav, Reposition)
  • Cecilia 4*+3 +Spd nature (Gronnblade, Darting Blow 3, Desperation 3, Hone Cav, Draconic Aura)
  • Xander 5* (Hone Cav, Reposition)
  • Azura 5* (Hone Atk 3)

Strategy:

Spoiler

First turn: Cecilia baits the green mage. Xander is behind her, with Azura to his left, Camus to the right. The blue mage cav breaks the wall, the green mage attacks Cecilia, and the pegasus knight swaps HP with the mage.

Second turn: Cecilia kills the blue cav mage, and Azura dances for her. Xander repositions Azura, Cecilia moves next to him. Camus baits the lance cav, and it kills himself on him.

Third turn: Cecilia attacks Alm from the left side of the map. Xander finishes him off, Azura dances for him, he moves below Cecilia, and Camus moves below Azura.

Fourth turn: Cecilia kills the green mage in a safe position, and Xander kills the pegasus knight. Azura dances for Xander, and he moves to safety. Camus goes up and attacks Celica. Celica will attack him, but Vantage is active, so he kills her.

Edited by Astellius

29 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

How does Kagero matches up vs the initial Green Magi?

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Lushen I lied, I have no stamina and it's 2 am. I'll do it tomorrow.

NP, I just got it done.  All I had to do was mess with Ninian's position and the green flier went towards Lloyd and Bride!Cordelia instead of towards a weakened Hector.  I had a little panic because Hector was in Celica's range and couldn't escape so I had to have Lloyd kill the green mage, get danced and help Bride!Cordelia kill Celica to save Hector.  I had to pray that Ninian could survive one hit from the green flier who had Emerald Axe which thankfully she did.  

Thanks for the Hector tip, I'm used to spring!camilla doing everything so I didn't think to take her out.

Up to 4% on the banner.  Surprisingly, I've never reached 4.25% so hopefully I get one soon.

Edited by Lushen

Well, I just woke up and found out this was live. It's nice each difficulty awards more orbs which means more chances of not pulling Eirika!

Hard and Lunatic were pretty easy, while Infernal required a little change on my main team but nothing major, my team was the following:

• Nino: Gronnblade+, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Attack 3, Moonbow, Draw back. Standard nuke.
  • B! Caeda: Blarblade+, Atk/Res +2, Desperation 3, Hone Speed 3, Iceberg, Reposition. Second nuke/ magic tank.
  • Lukas: Killer Lance+, Fortress Def, Lancebreaker 3, Hone Speed 3, Bonfire, Repositon. Tank, repositioner.
  • 4* Olivia: Vanilla
Spoiler

Turn 1: Nino baits the green mage from the right side leaving it with 2 HP while she ends with 6 activating Desperation and Moonbow. The peg will use Reciprocal Aid and will cripple itself.

Turn 2: Nino kills the green mage, Olivia dances Nino and she kills the blue Cavalier, Caeda repositions Olivia to safety and Lukas moves to the right to stay safe (try to make a formation where Nino recieves Hone attack next turn)

Turn 3: Nino kills the Blue mage, Lukas repositions Olivia and she kills the green pegasus, Caeda repositions Olivia out of Celica's range.

Turn 4-6: Bait and Switch to separate Alm and Celica by moving and repositioning Nino from left to right. (In my case Celica stayed on the right while Alm went left...Fitting I guess)

Turn 7: Caeda attacks Celica while recieving like 4 damage in return, Lukas attacks, Olivia dances Lukas and he finishes Celica.

Turn 8: Lukas attacks Alm and Caeda finishes him.

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Glorious tale huh? Sounds like an adventure!

Oh, do tell!

Spoiler

Turn 1. After Ninian buffed Leo and F!Robin, I moved Leo into the range of the green mage while keeping  everyone around Ninian to get those buffs. The green mage attacks and does no damage to Leo at all. He knocks it down but the flyer heals the mage.  The other characters do not knock down the wall on the left side which helps later on.  

Turn 2.Leo had to attack the flyer first and while it doesn't kill the flyer it loads up his glacies and savage blow lowers the blue cavalier mage's hp enough for F!Robin to take him out.  Then I moved Camilla to act as a buffer and shield to keep the blue lance cavalier from getting Leo.  Then Ninian moved behind Leo and danced for him allowing him to finish off. Then on enemy phase the blue lance cavalier  passes through Camilla and attacks Ninian, activating escape route. The green mage attacks Camilla. Celica comes towards Leo and Camilla and Alm breaks the wall between him and Robin.

Turn 3. Camilla comes around and finishes the lance cavalier and Leo attacks the green mage.  Ninian dances for Leo and he moves right in front of the mage to prevent it from hitting Ninian and Camilla. Female Robin runs from Alm.  Celia attacks Leo and glaces brings her to 5 hp.  The green mage attacks Leo and doesn't leave a scratch on Leo but dies in the process. Alm comes towards Robin.

Turn 4. Leo finishes off Celica and the rest of the battle consists of going around the barrier with Leo and F!Robin chipping away at Alm.

In all honesty, I'm surprised I won. I'm not really a competitive player. I guess it was the motivation of free orbs.

Edited by Anime27Arts

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Is that an Emerald Axe+ on Camilla?

Nope. Regular. Never sacced a 5 star unit ever. First one I'm thinking of is a -ATK 4 star Nino. Gonna promote and give it to Cecilia. Maybe.

Also, on the note of you saying don't need to kill things ASAP.

Maybe you're still in Legion Infernal muscle memory.

Took a couple stamina potions but I finally managed to beat infernal.  Distant def + defensive tiles op.     I used a team of Elise, Cecilia, Reinhardt, and Olivia.   Celica was definitely the toughest of the group to beat.  I had to make it so that Reinhardt was on a defensive tile as well or else Celica would kill him.

33 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:
  Hide contents

Turn 1. After Ninian buffed Leo and F!Robin, I moved Leo into the range of the green mage while keeping  everyone around Ninian to get those buffs. The green mage attacks and does no damage to Leo at all. He knocks it down but the flyer heals the mage.  The other characters do not knock down the wall on the left side which helps later on.  

Turn 2.Leo had to attack the flyer first and while it doesn't kill the flyer it loads up his glacies and savage blow lowers the blue cavalier mage's hp enough for F!Robin to take him out.  Then I moved Camilla to act as a buffer and shield to keep the blue lance cavalier from getting Leo.  Then Ninian moved behind Leo and danced for him allowing him to finish off. Then on enemy phase the blue lance cavalier  passes through Camilla and attacks Ninian, activating escape route. The green mage attacks Camilla. Celica comes towards Leo and Camilla and Alm breaks the wall between him and Robin.

Turn 3. Camilla comes around and finishes the lance cavalier and Leo attacks the green mage.  Ninian dances for Leo and he moves right in front of the mage to prevent it from hitting Ninian and Camilla. Female Robin runs from Alm.  Celia attacks Leo and glaces brings her to 5 hp.  The green mage attacks Leo and doesn't leave a scratch on Leo but dies in the process. Alm comes towards Robin.

Turn 4. Leo finishes off Celica and the rest of the battle consists of going around the barrier with Leo and F!Robin chipping away at Alm.

In all honesty, I'm surprised I won. I'm not really a competitive player. I guess it was the motivation of free orbs.

The savage blow manipulation sounds boss!

And yeah, I'm sure anyone would be motivated for free food orbs! 

Ok so, After one experimental loss on hard, I beat both that and Lunatic in one try with Nino/B!Buffdelia/Tharja/B!Caeda with the Bride buffing all 4 stats and Nino basically destroying everything and B!Caeda (even without Blarblade) finishing Celica and Alm.

Infernal was a different story, however it was probably the easiest one for me at 2 Stamina potions and 1 *3 Odin (RIP I just got him and wanted that Moonbow...) as sacrifices.

Spoiler

• Xander: Glowing Ember/Repo/Fury3/Vantage/Spur Def
  • Olivia: Defense+2/R-Tomebreaker1/HoneATK3/
  • Nino: Fury2/Desperation3/Drawback/Moonbow/HoneATK3/Quickened Pulse Seal
  • B!Cordelia: Luna/RallyATK+SPD/EscapeRoute/FortifyDEF/Fortify Res Seal

In order for this strategy to work I needed Olivia to take one hit from Celica who leaves her at 2 HP. Hence R-Tomebreaker. B!Cordelia buffs all stats for Nino, I place Nino in front of the green mage, Cordelia behind her and Olivia and Xander both on the bottom right side. Nino takes a hit but with 42 Speed she's able to counter. Flier healer heals the mage, blue cav comes down but doesn't break the wall, everyone else comes down to the wall as you'd expect.

Next up Bridelia buffs up Nino again and she oneshots the green mage with Desp, Olivia dances her while also moving out of range of the blue cav who's about to show up, she also oneshots the blue mage cav while remaining safe.Nino one last time who oneshots the blue cav the following turn and everyone moves down to the bottom left with Nino being repositioned by Xander to the left bridge at the very bottom. The bride is on the left corner and Olivia dances Xander who moves out of the way of Alm.. Alm, Celica and the Flier all come down in a straight line. Nino is danced and hits Alm twice, Cordelia chips him out and finishes him. Xander moves in front of Celica so she can't move but can't hit her since she'll proc her AOE skill on the following turn. Now she has Olivia in her sights. Following turn she hits Olivia for 32 damage. Next turn Xander is danced and 2HKO's Celica with the hone ATK buff. After that he trivializes the Emerald Axe flier and we go home.

In order for this strategy to work Olivia had to be able to tank Celica. This was the first time I actually had to SI and it didn't end up being a waste. (Well.. giving Kagero Axebreaker worked pretty well.) Also I can't stress how important it is to be able to buff all 4 stats. Nino is a monster but without every stat being buffed she wouldn't have been able to OHKO the green mage. I don't have Brave Bow+ or LnD on Cordelia yet but she's pulling her weight as a Blade Buffer.

This whole throw Nino at everything strat works pretty well honestly... I can't believe I was so reluctant to build her. She may not be +ATK or +SPD but the +RES has been invaluable turns out.

Edited by Zeo

13 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

The savage blow manipulation sounds boss!

And yeah, I'm sure anyone would be motivated for free food orbs! 

It was quite nice! Those orbs will be quite nice! Heheheheheh

I... somehow managed Infernal with my regular lineup (with Kagero swapped out for Olivia). I had to put Desperation on Nino, though. Thankfully Cordelia laughs at Celica's paltry attempts to kill her (2*2 vs. 11 HP remaining... thank goodness).

...Dancers are awesome.

Did this in one try, funnily enough it took me like 3 tries after to remember my exact positioning for a demo

A TA red can probably just wall windsweep mage for a bit while you kill other things

I did it with Ryoma and with a speed buff he actually hit the dude first turn which caused the emerald flier to reciprocal him so I don't know what that does in terms of AI, but otherwise since Ryo has no kills he actually relied on DC for, any TA red is probably sufficient to do the job I made him do given he has like, what, 21 res and just sat there and walled anyway

also my first run, I mispositioned Rein in range of Green mage after I killed Alm with him and was like, oh shit im die 

except windsweep prevented green mage from killing Rein

run is literally saved by windsweep

Anyway I wasn't going to make a video but someone in a chat said Rein was useless on this map and I was like "u wot mate" and did a recording so now have my not-very-widely-applicable bullshit S tiers take on this map or something 

Some notes: 

- I normally have Fury on Ryoma but I have TA on him for like Chain challenge and shit and considering his job here was to wall a couple of turns, TA is definitely better. I might try Ryoma with Silver Sword to test how not having distant counter affects the AI later tonight, however. Also I have Dragon Fang for Chain Challenge too but draconic aura is probably fine as well

-Nino can probably run something other than BoL like, Atk+1 or something. I just forgot to take it off. Not that it really matters. 

Edited by Thor Odinson

Beat Infernal with the recommended Team of Nino and Bridelia and their back-up Dancers.  Now to use the rest of my Stamina today to get Cecilia trained.  Right now, she knows Gronblade+ and nothing else.  She's level 38 3* currently.  I've got a level 40 4* +Atk Cecilia, but I think I'll keep her, since that's a pretty good nature for her, too.

I managed to clear lunatic with some help from @Arcanite! He's awesome. :3

I've never even tried an infernal difficulty map though, let alone beaten one... I'd love those orbs, but I don't know if I have what's needed.

Edited by Anacybele