Squad Assault and Chain Challenge discussion thread

Alexmender

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I beat SA 6 with help of youtube again since I am really lazy when it comes to these things.  I also started on the CCs because I decided to start on them, I am still going to leave some of them for when Kaze gets in to Heroes but I figure I can do a couple of them so I can do some more pulls.

Highly enjoyed the latest Squad Assault. Died a couple of times so had to change my seals around but got it done :) 

Starting to make my way through the Chain Challenges now my precious Reinhardt is back to having HM to go for :D Only done a few so far, giving me more reposition fodder when trying again for Zelgius. 

squad assault 6 was pretty easy, only took me 3 tries and my two failures were stupid mistakes on my part, kinda disappointed with the new seal, but who knows I may have use for it somewhere.

for the first map I ran B!Ike, M!Robin, Sakura, and Karel(filler)

for the second map Ike, Tobin, Legion, and Serra

for the third map I ran Katarina, Deirdre, B!Lyn, and S!Robin

for the fourth I ran Y!Tiki, Nininan, Micaiah, and Priscilla 

for the fifth I ran Amelia, BK, Delthia, and Genny

the third and fifth gave me the most trouble, robin soloed the first map, the second was made really easy with a healer, and map four was trivialized with micaiah.

• 2 weeks later...

Chain Challenge: Book 2, Story 3 & 4 combined, Lunatic

1 infantry team

Would have liked to have cleared it deathlessly, but I also wanted to use a new crew (one that lacks a blade tome, an enemy phase altogether, and has less Wings of Mercy hax than my usual PvE clearing squad).

Edited by Wanda

So I stumbled across this while helping out a friend (very much a casual player) with Lunatic Ch. 11&12. Well, I say "stumbled", but it was more like "put together over the course of a lot of trial and error".

• 5* Azura (+Spd/-HP): Sapphire Lance, Sing, Speed +3, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Atk 3, Hone Spd 2 Seal
  • 5* Black Knight (neutral): Alondite, Swap, Black Luna, Steady Stance 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Quick Riposte 3 Seal
  • 5* Genny (+Atk/-Def): Gravity+ (Dazzling), Physic+, Imbue, Wrathful Staff 3, Attack +1 Seal
  • 5* Nino (+Spd/-Def): Gronnblade+, Draw Back, Draconic Aura, Resistance +3, Desperation 3, Hone Atk 3, Speed +1 Seal

Took it the whole way through. It basically came down to: Gravity+ is great, Swap is funny, Nino is still amazing.

Spoiler

Got CC 11+12 yesterday!

1st team: 5* Witch!Nowi, Elincia, Newzura, Valter

Got to Map 7 with all but Witch!Nowi, who dies in Map 5. The flier and axe user were left after beating Map 6.

2nd team: B!Lyn, Eliwood, Titania, Ursula

Beat the next two maps. Finally fell to Map 9, left too vulnerable partly because Titania had Reciprocal Aid. Sonya and the red mage were left.

3rd team: 5* Arvis, Nephenee, SummElise, Nohrzura

Beat the last 8 units.

Took like 30 stamina potions cause I'm such a bad tactician but I got Chapter 7&8 done with just Nowi.  Went all in on defense for the multiple Hector and Lucina fights, SB def refine and CD.

I'm stumped on 9-12 with the Nowi solo, the turn limits are killer.  Will probably just add in Witch Nowi.  Skipped to 13.

Edited by Nowi's Husband

The new squad assault is doable with the right units: 

Map 1: Swordbreaker, TA/QR Lyon, Axebreaker
Map 2: BH!Roy, Micaiah
Map 3: M!Robin, Mae, PA!Azura, Tana (inefficient)
Map 4: Cecilia, Elise
Map 5: Myrhh, Stahl, Hector (takes out the dagger), Jeorge

TT7 is here! Let's go!

Map 1: 5* H!Henry, FrankenJakob, 4* Effie, Draug (All +1)

Had my +8 Wendy first, but decided I might need her later on. Draug can easily take out the cav with Bonfire and H!Henry support, Jakob takes down Julia, Effie can tank Seliph and the cleric long enough that with support she can beat both.

Map 2: 5* Eirkia (+1), Lyn, Sonya, 4* Tharja

Forgot to put Fury on Eirika, still went fine. -Res Tharja does not get 1-shot by the red mage with Eirika using Fortify Res 2 (And I'm pretty sure it's fine regardless) Sonya is mvp for tanking Olwen for 0 and 1-shotting Rein.

Map 3: 5* Julia, M!Robin, Sprincina, Nephenee

Robin takes Rebecca, Neph and Springcina take out Karel and then move back so Springcina can take the mage, who''s moved out of Ninian's range. Then everyone dogpiles Ninian. Simple. Neutral Honed Julia is 2 attack off one shotting Ninian.

Map 4: 5* Chrissa, BK, Hector, 4* +8 Wendy.

Did say I'd need MechaWendy. Chrissa easily takes out Camp!Xander and the archer, Wendy 1-rounds the infantry with QR and bonfire and Hector tanks Springcina and 1-rounds.

Map 5: 5* Cecilia, Seigbert, B!Lyn, 4* +1 Frederick

Cecilia with +6 to all stats, Gronnraven+ and Draconic Aura 1-rounds Lukas and can take out the Thief on her own. Neutral B!Lyn with Hone Cav will 1-shot Clair (Calcuated as my Lyn has Atk +1 seal, Summoner support and Seigbert gave +3 Atk), Seigbert will 1-round the axe user with Hone Cav.

Could have bothered to do a non-cav, possibly non-armour clear but I just wanted to be done.

Finished Squad Assault 7.

Map 1:
+Def/-Atk Gray (Noontime, Spd +3, G. Tomebreaker 3): KOs axe cavalier
5*+1 +Atk/-Res Catria (+Spd Slaying Lance+, Reposition, Fury 3): KOs Seliph
5* Alfonse (Brave Sword+, Draconic Aura, Drag Back): KOs cleric
+Res/-Spd Ninian (Hone Atk 1)

Map 2:
+HP/-Atk Micaiah (Moonbow): KOs Reinhardt, Olwen, red mage
4*+9 +Atk/-HP Ogma (Ruby Sword, Swap, Def +1): KOs axe cavalier
+Atk/-Def PA Olivia (Hone Spd 3)
+Def/-Res Mist

Map 3:
5* Camus (Reposition, Bonfire, Fury 3, Vantage 3, Hone Cavalry): KOs red mage
5* Clive (Sapphire Lance, Swap, Ignis, Earth Boost 3, Quick Riposte 1): KOs Karel
5* +Atk/-Def Boey (Gronnraven+, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 2, Hone Atk 3): KOs Rebecca and Ninian
+HP/-Spd PA Shigure (Hone Atk 3, Spur Atk 1)

Map 4:
5* +Atk/-Def Cecilia (Draconic Aura, Triangle Adept 3, Bowbreaker 3): KOs Spring Lucina
5* F!Robin (Gronnraven+, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 2, Spur Atk 3): KOs archer and Spring Xander
5* Olivia (Ruby Sword+, Fury 3, Hone Spd 1): bodyblocks sword fighter
+4 +Spd/-Def Brave Lyn (Firesweep Bow+, Life and Death 3, Hone Cavalry, S-rank summoner support): KOs sword fighter

Map 5:
5*+10 +Atk/-Spd Reinhardt (Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Lancebreaker 3, Hone Cavalry, Heavy Blade 3, S-rank ally support w/ Xander): KOs Lukas, thief, and Clair
5*+1 Xander (Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Hone Cavalry, S-rank ally support w/ Reinhardt): KOs axe fighter
+3 PA Azura
+Atk/-Def Inigo (Gronnraven+, Moonbow, Triangle Adept 3, Bowbreaker 3, Fortify Def 1)

Edited by Roflolxp54

Welp, CC P17+P18 on Lunatic got trivialized easily using +4 S-support Firesweep Brave Lyn, +10 Reinhardt, and 2 dancers (Olivia and PA Azura). The only map that was actually challenging was the Devoted Dads map (P18-2) mainly because of LA Lyn being ridiculously bulky (and having Armor March by default) and the map being pretty cramped. Hector only made the map harder due to his having Wary Fighter on top of his bulk.

Chain Challenge 17 & 18, Lunatic, Deathless:

No horsies, no armors, no fliers, no firesweep weapons, no windsweep/watersweep skills, no razzle dazzle healers.

Just one, simple, infantry-only team.

Edited by Wanda

Nowi and Witch Nowi vs Chapter 9-10.  Had to try several times to get the positioning right, Witch Nowi had to end up with exactly half her health through the last stage for Axebreaker to take out Titania and there are Savage Blow users everywhere.  11-12 was easier since I didn't depend on Witch Nowi as much, she mostly was there to give Drive and support buffs.  With that Nowi has completed her conquest of Book 1. 

Edited by Nowi's Husband

Well, I finally got around to Squad Assault 7. I figured I would make it challenging, and ended up using:

Battle 1:

Spoiler
  • 4* Hana (neutral): Armorslayer, Rally Attack, Life and Death 2, Obstruct 3
  • 4* Raigh (neutral): Raudhrwolf, Rally Attack, HP +4, Seal Res 3
  • 4* Clarisse (neutral): Clarisse’s Bow, Glimmer, Poison Strike 2, Threaten Def 2
  • 4* Subaki (neutral): Sapphire Lance, Swap, Resistance +3, Quick Riposte 2

Battle 2:

Spoiler
  • 5* Arvis (neutral): Valflame, Growing Flame, Recover Ring, Def Ploy 3
  • 4* Mystery Tactician Robin (neutral): Gronnwolf, Ignis, Defiant Res 2, B Tomebreaker 3
  • 4* Palla (neutral): Ruby Sword, Moonbow, Wings of Mercy 2, Spur Spd 2
  • 4* Lissa (neutral): Gravity, Rehabilitate, Imbue, Renewal 2, Spur Res 1 seal

I won’t lie...I never thought Defiant Res would actually be useful for anything, but it sure came in handy here!

Battle 3:

Spoiler
  • 4* Donnel (neutral): Brave Lance, Reciprocal Aid, HP +5, Drag Back
  • 4* Oliver (neutral): Shine, Blazing Light, Mirror Strike 2, Atk Ploy 2, Quick Riposte 3 seal
  • 4* Arthur (neutral): Emerald Axe, Swap, HP +5, Lancebreaker 2
  • 4* Sully (+Spd/-HP): Sapphire Lance, Draw Back, Swordbreaker 2, Spur Def 3

The clear will work with the Quick Riposte 1 seal.

Battle 4:

Spoiler
  • 4* Zephiel (neutral): Silver Sword, Reprisal, Wary Fighter 3
  • 4* Serra (+Spd/-Res): Absorb, Recover, Imbue, Hone Atk 2
  • 4* Felicia (neutral): Silver Dagger, Glacies, Resistance +3, Breath of Life 2, HP +3 seal
  • 4* Wrys (neutral): Slow, Rehabilitate, Imbue, Live to Serve 2, Spur Def 1 seal

61 Turn battles are all the rage, didn’t you hear?

Battle 5:

Spoiler
  • 4* Narcian (neutral): Emerald Axe, Vengeance, Lancebreaker 3, Savage Blow 2
  • 4* Kagero (+Spd/-Res): Poison Dagger, Retribution, Warding Blow 2, Daggerbreaker 3
  • 4* Olivia (neutral): Silver Sword, Dance, Hone Atk 3
  • 4* Cecilia (neutral): Gronnraven, Rally Resistance, Attack +2, Escape Route 3

And the run itself:

Spoiler

Nowi finished up Book 2 by soloing Chapter 1&2 (3&4 already done with Witch Nowi), then moved onto Paralogues.  So far 1-10 and 13-14 done. Julia and Deirdre won't stop Nowi, nor can 9-10 4 turn limits stop her.

Spoiler

Brought in Witch Nowi for these last three sets (11-12, 15-16, 17-18), I'm not a skilled enough tactician to do it solo Nowi.

Spoiler

Edited by Nowi's Husband

• 3 weeks later...

Finished the 8th Assault run.

Map 1:
Fjorm (2RKOs red mage)
+Atk/-Spd Dorcas: Swap, Ignis, HP +3 (KOs axe fighter, Bride Cordelia, Bride Charlotte)
5*+1 +Spd/-HP Olivia: Ruby Sword+ (chips axe fighter)
New Years Corrin: Spur Atk 1 (buffs Fjorm and Dorcas)

Map 2:
+1 Summer Corrin: Blarblade+, Reposition, Glimmer, Darting Blow 3, Desperation 3, Iote's Shield (KOs blue mage, Athena, and bowfighter; weakens Legion)
+Spd/-Atk New Years Azura: Spur Spd 1
+Def/-Spd Elincia: Reposition, Goad Fliers
5* +Atk/-Spd Cherche: Brave Axe+, Reposition, Death Blow 3, Hit and Run, Fortify Fliers (KOs Legion)

Map 3:
5* Camus: Reposition, Bonfire, Fury 3, Vantage 3, Hone Cavalry, Spd +1 (KOs sword flier)
5* +Atk/-Def Cecilia: Draconic Aura, Triangle Adept 3, Bowbreaker 3, Hone Cavalry, HP +3 (KOs Summer Gaius; weakens Summer Frederick)
4*+6 +Spd/-HP Clarine: Rehabilitate, Imbue, Ward Cavalry, Drive Def 2 (finishes off Summer Frederick)
+Def/-HP Summer Xander: Swap, Lancebreaker 2 (KOs lancer flier; weakens Frederick)

Map 4:
5* +Spd/-HP Tharja: Glimmer, Desperation 3 (KOs axe armor and Summer Xander; tanks Summer Leo)
+HP/-Spd Shigure: Hone Atk 3
5*+2 +Atk/-Res Cordelia: Reposition, Death Blow 3, Hit and Run (KOs lancer flier and Summer Leo)
5* Fallen Takumi (weakens Summer Leo)

Map 5:
5*+3 Xander: Triangle Adept 3, Hone Cavalry, Distant Defense (KOs green mage)
+4 +Spd/-Def Brave Lyn: Firesweep Bow+, Reposition, Life and Death 3, Hone Cavalry (KOs Tana and Innes)
5*+10 +Atk/-Spd Reinhardt: Reposition, Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Hone Cavalry (KOs sword fighter)
+3 +Atk/-Def Performing Azura 

Edit: finished the new Lunatic Chain Challenges using The Reinhardt, Firesweep Brave Lyn, and 2 dancers. The first half is, IMO, more difficult than the second half due to Hardin being able to damage Reinhardt enough to shut down Lancebreaker in 1 hit and Reinhardt not being able to ORKO Hardin without getting damaged even with +Atk, 10 merges, Moonbow proc, and +6 Atk buff. The second half is much easier due to the number of fliers on the maps.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Nowi Emblem vs Book 2 Chapter 5&6.  With all the mages and dragons around I decided to go all in on resistance with Warding Breath and resistance refined LB+ giving her a balanced 36/37 when attacked.  Witch Nowi was on axe duty and had to take out Grima (who hits like a truck through TA3, needed Aether heals to make it).