New trailer: Warriors' Awakening

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But wouldn't those people be a minority while Awakening's fans are a much larger group? I still feel like an FE4 remake would appeal to more people than not.

And omegaxis1 answered your question.

They probably would, but who's to say that they can't use that as a yet another reason for claiming Jugdral's superiority?

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Folt said:

They probably would, but who's to say that they can't use that as a yet another reason for claiming Jugdral's superiority?

...What? I don't get what you're asking here. Who cares what they would think? And they'd act pretty bratty to complain about a game they LOVE being remade.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

...What? I don't get what you're asking here. Who cares what they would think? And they'd act pretty bratty to complain about a game they LOVE being remade.

"Why are these games with these terrible gameplay mechanics and/or horrible story getting priority over this classic masterpiece!"

"I hope this modern taint against everything FE stands for doesn't influence my precious baby!"

"If everything was like Jugdral, the series would be so much better!"

"Kaga did everything right! The series should of just died after he left!"

"I don't want anything changed from the original!"

Perhaps some other things I haven't touched on. Point is that people can be incredibly petty at times.

25 minutes ago, Folt said:

"Why are these games with these terrible gameplay mechanics and/or horrible story getting priority over this classic masterpiece!"

"I hope this modern taint against everything FE stands for doesn't influence my precious baby!"

Perhaps some other things I haven't touched on. Point is that people can be incredibly petty at times.

Again, WHO CARES? You're never going to please everyone.

"Who" being a bunch of hardcore "elitists", that's who. You act like no one cares, but in fact, lots do. Imagine if they took the Tellius series and butchered it so badly like Fates. Would you not have those kinds of comments?

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

"Who" being a bunch of hardcore "elitists", that's who. You act like no one cares, but in fact, lots do. Imagine if they took the Tellius series and butchered it so badly like Fates. Would you not have those kinds of comments?

Like I said before: minority. And I meant who cares about that minority's opinions, not who cares if Jugdral is butchered. I'd be upset if it got butchered. Of course, I wouldn't like Tellius being butchered either.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Exactly, which kind of is the problem. These kind of diehards do not keep their issues to themselves, or care about what others think for the matter. It doesn't matter to them if you don't care; you're going to have it showed down your throat and damn what others might say.

45 minutes ago, Folt said:

You forgot "No one intelligent likes that trash".

I always want to tear my eyes out when I read people like this.The fact people this entitled exist makes me want to jump over the grand canyon.

26 minutes ago, Truthblade said:

You forgot "No one intelligent likes that trash".

I always want to tear my eyes out when I read people like this.The fact people this entitled exist makes me want to jump over the grand canyon.

Yeah, that is just downright asshole-ish right there. It not only insults IS, but it also insults fans.

I don't care for Awakening and think it's one of the worse games in the series, but I'm not going to put down people who do like it as long as they're reasonable themselves. (And I can't even actually truly hate or dislike it myself anyway since it gave me Freddy. <3)

Which brings me to another point. There are also similar people on the flipside of the coin who are such rabid modern FE fanboys and fangirls that they think everything before Awakening sucks and/or doesn't matter. Some Awakening/Fates fans even outright REFUSE to play older games.

So really, there are people just as bad on the other side. It's a shame, but it's true.

Edited by Anacybele

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, that is just downright asshole-ish right there. It not only insults IS, but it also insults fans.

I don't care for Awakening and think it's one of the worse games in the series, but I'm not going to put down people who do like it as long as they're reasonable themselves. (And I can't even actually truly hate or dislike it myself anyway since it gave me Freddy. <3)

Which brings me to another point. There are also similar people on the flipside of the coin who are such rabid modern FE fanboys and fangirls that they think everything before Awakening sucks and/or doesn't matter. Some Awakening/Fates fans even outright REFUSE to play older games.

So really, there are people just as bad on the other side. It's a shame, but it's true.

I won't criticize or insult anyone that hates Fates or Awakening. I have a lot of issues with Fates, but I hate Fates more on what it became, but I know the potential it had and I can't help but love what it could have been. Like, Fates had so much potential in it that could have made it one of the best stories in the franchise. 

And I won't say that Awakening is perfect, as I know the flaws and some of the terrible designs it has. But I love what it gave me nonetheless and it really has brought in a more friendlier outlook on the franchise that brought in so many new fans. And similar to Fates, there were a LOT of things it could have been improved on. Really, I think the biggest flaw in Awakening is how they crammed 3 potentially large games as 3 condensed arcs. However, like you said, just as there are "elitists" that hate the newer games, the flipside is also true. 

9 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I won't criticize or insult anyone that hates Fates or Awakening. I have a lot of issues with Fates, but I hate Fates more on what it became, but I know the potential it had and I can't help but love what it could have been. Like, Fates had so much potential in it that could have made it one of the best stories in the franchise. 

And I won't say that Awakening is perfect, as I know the flaws and some of the terrible designs it has. But I love what it gave me nonetheless and it really has brought in a more friendlier outlook on the franchise that brought in so many new fans. And similar to Fates, there were a LOT of things it could have been improved on. Really, I think the biggest flaw in Awakening is how they crammed 3 potentially large games as 3 condensed arcs. However, like you said, just as there are "elitists" that hate the newer games, the flipside is also true. 

Yeah, Awakening felt like it was trying to do what RD did, but with fewer chapters and no multiple armies. It felt rushed and bland in the end when it comes to the story. And I also felt like it was trying and failing to rip off Tellius in a few other ways. The Shepherds felt like they were trying to emulate Ike and the Greil Mercenaries, and the taguel felt like they were trying to emulate the laguz (most specifically, the herons). But they were less developed and less fleshed out.

Fates, while I did like it, still had some story issues and it tried too hard to replicate Awakening's success. IS needs to learn that you can't just try to make something like something else. You'll typically fail. The result was a forced and shoved in marriage system and shoehorned in Awakening characters/clones.

I liked Fates gameplay-wise though. I felt it improved on everything from Awakening there, the marriage system aside. I also thought it was really interesting how it brought new Japanese-themed classes via Hoshido. I wouldn't mind seeing them again. And story-wise, Birthright was actually okay to me and seems to be the most preferred one anyway. Conquest and Revelation are the routes that get the most hate from what I see.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, Awakening felt like it was trying to do what RD did, but with fewer chapters and no multiple armies. It felt rushed and bland in the end when it comes to the story. And I also felt like it was trying to rip off Tellius in a few ways. The Shepherds felt like they were trying to emulate Ike and the Greil Mercenaries, and the taguel felt like they were trying to emulate the laguz (most specifically, the herons). But they were less developed and less fleshed out.

Fates, while I did like it, still had some story issues and it tried too hard to replicate Awakening's success. IS needs to learn that you can't just try to make something like something else. You'll typically fail. The result was a forced and shoved in marriage system and shoehorned in Awakening characters/clones.

I liked Fates gameplay-wise though. I felt it improved on everything from Awakening there, the marriage system aside. I also thought it was really interesting how it brought new Japanese-themed classes via Hoshido. I wouldn't mind seeing them again. And story-wise, Birthright was actually okay to me and seems to be the most preferred one anyway. Conquest and Revelation are the routes that get the most hate from what I see.

Not really sure how Radiant Dawn was ripped off. Sure there're three arcs, but Radiant Dawn is a huge morality struggle and one side being forced to fight. I didn't feel that unless you count Yen'fey, but that's not much. The Shepherds and Greil Mercenaries aren't the same, as one is a militia that exists because Ylisse has no proper army due to the last war, whereas the Greil Mercenaries are... well, mercenaries. They travel around through multiple nations seeking business. 

No arguments on the Taguel. They were just put in and give a forced backstory that makes absolutely no sense when we have Jugdral, Archanea, and Valentia games that made not a single hint of their existence. Hell, Panna claims that taguels once ruled the planet or were known far and wide, when that makes zero sense. 

Fates is better gmaeplay wise, no doubt. It fixed a lot of the issues Awakening had, like the Pair Up mechanic being more strategically based, units could not simply solo everything, though the huge drawbacks on the weapons made them very undesirable. I'm okay with Awakening characters getting in, but only for Owain/Odin, Severa/Selena, and Inigo/Laslow. They were okay, cause it explains how they got in there, but the copies for the 2nd Gen, that was downright horrible. Actually, the 2nd Gen itself is just TERRIBLE and wrong on so many levels. 

Really? I thought it was Hoshido and Revelations that get the most hate, not Conquest. Conquest is considered to be the strongest story, but it just had Corrin be really stupid, like always.

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Not really sure how Radiant Dawn was ripped off. Sure there're three arcs, but Radiant Dawn is a huge morality struggle and one side being forced to fight. I didn't feel that unless you count Yen'fey, but that's not much. The Shepherds and Greil Mercenaries aren't the same, as one is a militia that exists because Ylisse has no proper army due to the last war, whereas the Greil Mercenaries are... well, mercenaries. They travel around through multiple nations seeking business. 

No arguments on the Taguel. They were just put in and give a forced backstory that makes absolutely no sense when we have Jugdral, Archanea, and Valentia games that made not a single hint of their existence. Hell, Panna claims that taguels once ruled the planet or were known far and wide, when that makes zero sense. 

Fates is better gmaeplay wise, no doubt. It fixed a lot of the issues Awakening had, like the Pair Up mechanic being more strategically based, units could not simply solo everything, though the huge drawbacks on the weapons made them very undesirable. I'm okay with Awakening characters getting in, but only for Owain/Odin, Severa/Selena, and Inigo/Laslow. They were okay, cause it explains how they got in there, but the copies for the 2nd Gen, that was downright horrible. Actually, the 2nd Gen itself is just TERRIBLE and wrong on so many levels. 

Really? I thought it was Hoshido and Revelations that get the most hate, not Conquest. Conquest is considered to be the strongest story, but it just had Corrin be really stupid, like always.

Like RD, Awakening tried to split its story into multiple arcs, but Awakening had far fewer chapters to do that in, so it ended up rushed. And the Shepherds and GMs are both groups of warriors that fight bandits and stuff all the time. Their origins and reason for existing are different, but their function is the same.

And yeah, I like the taguel as a concept (BUNNIES!), but they were written so poorly. Couldn't stop myself from making a taguel OC that's an adorable little girl who gets adopted by another one of my OCs tho... xP

And...seriously? I thought Conquest was only considered to be the best in terms of gameplay and the most hated story-wise along with Revelation. o.O

Like RD, Awakening tried to split its story into multiple arcs, but Awakening had far fewer chapters to do that in, so it ended up rushed. And the Shepherds and GMs are both groups of warriors that fight bandits and stuff all the time. Their origins and reason for existing are different, but their function is the same.

And yeah, I like the taguel as a concept (BUNNIES!), but they were written so poorly. Couldn't stop myself from making a taguel OC that's an adorable little girl who gets adopted by another one of my OCs tho... xP

And...seriously? I thought Conquest was only considered to be the best in terms of gameplay and the most hated story-wise along with Revelation. o.O

Multiple arcs is similar, but I don't see that as a rip off of Radiant Dawn. If they really wanted to, they could have made 2-3 separate games, or just a very long game that had the three arcs that would be for a game system rather than hand held. As for the groups of warriors, we have that always. Hell, if anything, MARTH invented that concept, as he literally started with only a hand full of soldiers after his kingdom fell, and slowly that group grew into a massive army. So I don't really see Awakening ripping off Radiant Dawn that much.

It's interesting, but Panne being the "last" taguel pretty much ruined the entire ability to understand the backstory of the taguel. They were poorly explained utterly and have no excuses for. LOL XD That's adorable.

I heard that Birthright was the worst story since it was painfully good vs evil and gave so little moral grey, whereas Conquest had you play as the villains, so you were the moral grey.

7 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Multiple arcs is similar, but I don't see that as a rip off of Radiant Dawn. If they really wanted to, they could have made 2-3 separate games, or just a very long game that had the three arcs that would be for a game system rather than hand held. As for the groups of warriors, we have that always. Hell, if anything, MARTH invented that concept, as he literally started with only a hand full of soldiers after his kingdom fell, and slowly that group grew into a massive army. So I don't really see Awakening ripping off Radiant Dawn that much.

It's interesting, but Panne being the "last" taguel pretty much ruined the entire ability to understand the backstory of the taguel. They were poorly explained utterly and have no excuses for. LOL XD That's adorable.

I heard that Birthright was the worst story since it was painfully good vs evil and gave so little moral grey, whereas Conquest had you play as the villains, so you were the moral grey.

I didn't just say groups of warriors though, I said a group of warriors with a similar purpose. Their main targets are bandits. Warriors with guys like Marth are actual higher ranking military guys serving high royalty and have other purposes. The Shepherds are just a militia and the GMs are mercenaries. They're also smaller groups.

Awakening doesn't rip off Tellius THAT much, no, but I feel it does a little bit.

Yeah, totally agree about Panne and the taguel there. And somehow I've wound up with several Awakening OCs even though I don't like the game much. Curse you for being so darned lovable, Frederick! :P

Yeah, but I think people generally seem to think that while Birthright isn't spectacular story-wise, it doesn't do anything particularly WRONG or insulting either. Whereas I see people say that Conquest's and Revelation's stories did just about everything wrong and such.

Edited by Anacybele

I didn't just say groups of warriors though, I said a group of warriors with a similar purpose. Their main targets are bandits. Warriors with guys like Marth are actual higher ranking military guys serving high royalty and have other purposes. The Shepherds are just a militia and the GMs are mercenaries. They're also smaller groups.

Awakening doesn't rip off Tellius THAT much, no, but I feel it does a little bit.

Yeah, totally agree about Panne and the taguel there. And somehow I've wound up with several Awakening OCs even though I don't like the game much. Curse you for being so darned lovable, Frederick! :P

Yeah, but I think people generally seem to think that while Birthright isn't spectacular story-wise, it doesn't do anything particularly WRONG or insulting either. Whereas I see people say that Conquest's and Revelation's stories did just about everything wrong and such.

I dunno. it seems a little farfetched. See, The Greil Mercenaries, while they do work on eliminating bandits and such, they are merely mercenaries working for pay. The Shepherds work on maintaining peace on the nation, acting as a group instead of an army that can be stations around many places. 

I wouldn't say its a rip off as opposed to being similar. If we wanna argue rip offs, we might as well insult every game in the franchise for being nobles that lose their kingdom like Marth and then going as a small group raising an army and getting their kingdom back. Similar concepts in the franchise wouldn't have to be a rip off really, and shouldn't be scorned for in my opinion. 

I am still trying to figure out how taguels are even a thing or if we can make any backstory for them that makes better sense. Maybe I oughta open a thread for that one. I'm beginning to think you have some kind of love/hate relationship with Awakening rather than just hating Awakening. XD

Some would argue that Corrin is even more cruel there than in Conquest, as he actually ends up killing more Nohrians and potentially break the defenses in the borders, thus allowing citizens to be left defenseless against any monster attacks and the likes. Plus, there's also how Valla is completely not mentioned at all. I noticed that while Birthright shows how Azura's pendent kills her, Conquest ends up talking about Valla. But really, Valla is the more important, since technically speaking, the song with the pendent isn't even that widely used in Revelation.

13 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I dunno. it seems a little farfetched. See, The Greil Mercenaries, while they do work on eliminating bandits and such, they are merely mercenaries working for pay. The Shepherds work on maintaining peace on the nation, acting as a group instead of an army that can be stations around many places. 

I wouldn't say its a rip off as opposed to being similar. If we wanna argue rip offs, we might as well insult every game in the franchise for being nobles that lose their kingdom like Marth and then going as a small group raising an army and getting their kingdom back. Similar concepts in the franchise wouldn't have to be a rip off really, and shouldn't be scorned for in my opinion.

Then I guess we kind of just disagree. xP

13 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I'm beginning to think you have some kind of love/hate relationship with Awakening rather than just hating Awakening. XD

Nah, I just love Frederick that much. :P All my OCs share him in common by being either his family or friends. lol I really don't care for Awakening's story or most of its cast. It's not even just that I think Awakening is poorly written, I'm just never into time travel stories in general either. I like that Awakening did have a diamond in the rough in Frederick, but other than that...yeah.

And I don't actually hate Awakening, remember? I said I just don't care much for it. I don't dislike it THAT much. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Then I guess we kind of just disagree. xP

Nah, I just love Frederick that much. :P I really don't care for Awakening's story or most of its cast. It's not even just that I think Awakening is poorly written, I'm just never into time travel stories in general either. I like that Awakening did have a diamond in the rough in Frederick, but other than that...yeah.

And I don't actually hate Awakening, remember? I said I just don't care much for it. I don't dislike it THAT much. :P

Understandable. Anyways, we've gotten WAY off topic for far too long. So in an attempt to drive us back to the original topic at hand...

After considering some of the aspects of the game, I think we might have to concede in the fact that only Fates, Archanea, and Awakening will be the ONLY games that will be on the main story. The evidence is really in the Flame Shield they have. Each cast from the games gives off an orb. Now remember the very first trailer we had, being that the legendary swords of Archanea's Falchion, Awakening's Falchion, Yato, Raijinto, and Siegfried, were the ones that showed in the orbs. 

So its unlikely that the other series will be part of the main story, sadly.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

They might do some stuff like how Hyrule Warriors had a small Wind Waker arc in HWL's. 

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Understandable. Anyways, we've gotten WAY off topic for far too long. So in an attempt to drive us back to the original topic at hand...

After considering some of the aspects of the game, I think we might have to concede in the fact that only Fates, Archanea, and Awakening will be the ONLY games that will be on the main story. The evidence is really in the Flame Shield they have. Each cast from the games gives off an orb. Now remember the very first trailer we had, being that the legendary swords of Archanea's Falchion, Awakening's Falchion, Yato, Raijinto, and Siegfried, were the ones that showed in the orbs. 

I still think there's a chance, but I agree, it's not extremely likely. I still think it's a poor decision not to include a few other games' characters in the base game though. Fates could've easily just been ONE orb on the shield since three of those characters are from that game. Marth and Chrom are from different games.

The other two orbs could've easily represented Tellius and Elibe or Magvel.

Edited by Anacybele

I still think there's a chance, but I agree, it's not extremely likely. I still think it's a poor decision not to include a few other games' characters in the base game though.

Yes, I'm with you there. Honestly, its honestly silly that they actually put the three routes of Fates as each of the orbs. If anything, they should make it all be one orb, and each orb representing its own series.

We could have easily had Ike and Roy be part of the series. 

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Yes, I'm with you there. Honestly, its honestly silly that they actually put the three routes of Fates as each of the orbs. If anything, they should make it all be one orb, and each orb representing its own series.

We could have easily had Ike and Roy be part of the series. 

Yeah, I know. It's true that they both wield swords, but they could've had non-sword characters join them. Micaiah, some of the Greil Mercs, Hector, and more would've been good choices. And add Elincia in there too because she's important and is also a healer, despite being another swordie.

Then Magvel, Jugdral, and some others from other games would be DLC.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, I know. It's true that they both wield swords, but they could've had non-sword characters join them. Micaiah, some of the Greil Mercs, Hector, and more would've been good choices. And add Elincia in there too because she's important and is also a healer, despite being another swordie.

But that's just it. The concept of the "so many swords" thing becomes moot when you make Birthright and Conquest routes where Ryoma and Xander lead despite how they own swords as well. Roy having the Binding Blade makes him the PERFECT addition to Warriors since technically speaking, evil dragon is trying to destroy the world, and the Binding Blade is a weapon DESIGNED to destroy dragons, like Falchion is. 

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

But that's just it. The concept of the "so many swords" thing becomes moot when you make Birthright and Conquest routes where Ryoma and Xander lead despite how they own swords as well. Roy having the Binding Blade makes him the PERFECT addition to Warriors since technically speaking, evil dragon is trying to destroy the world, and the Binding Blade is a weapon DESIGNED to destroy dragons, like Falchion is. 

It's also rather hypocritical when you make your OCs wield swords too. Why did the twins and their friend ALL have to use swords as well? That's just helping to create the problem you're trying to avoid!

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It's also rather hypocritical when you make your OCs wield swords too. Why did the twins and their friend ALL have to use swords as well? That's just helping to create the problem you're trying to avoid!

Seriously. And don't even try to say that swords are common for lords. Ephraim, much as I loathe him, uses lances, something that I believe no other Fire Emblem lord ever uses, and Hector uses axes. You could easily have made Rowan use axes and Lianna use lances.