Grand Hero Battle: Berkut!

Vaximillian

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Lilina's special or Jeorge's?

Jeorge's. The 1.5× damage one and not the extended range one.

On 7/11/2017 at 2:37 AM, Vaximillian said:

A: Water Boost 3; C: Goad Cavalry;

That's most definitely Ward Cavalry.

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@Ice Dragon @Elieson I updated the OP in vain, nobody reads the updated OPs :(

Alas, I noticed just after Ice Dragon posted the response!

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

2L/2R 1.5x dmg. I'd prefer vertical to horizontal but that's just me.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Would you believe me if I told you, right after I asked that, I found a vanilla Jeorge on a defence team?

So anyway, I've got a listing of all specials as a personal reference, and this suggests I should probably have a name for the AoE specials listed somewhere. It just has the base skill (Rising Flame for Growing/Blazing) and which effect is has. More useful unless they add a new user of an AoE.

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

So anyway, I've got a listing of all specials as a personal reference, and this suggests I should probably have a name for the AoE specials listed somewhere. It just has the base skill (Rising Flame for Growing/Blazing) and which effect is has. More useful unless they add a new user of an AoE.

I did a thing once.

So what's the probability that the Firesweep Bow cavalry has Cancel Affinity?

EDIT: I am so tempted to give Robin (F) Close Counter, sit her at the bottom-right fortification, and watch her Gronnwolf the crap out of everything (except the red knight). Hoping not too many of them have Grani's shield, of course, which they probably do since Zanbato and Ridersbane were newly added.

Edited by Ice Dragon

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

So what's the probability that the Firesweep Bow cavalry has Cancel Affinity?

I'd wager it's about the same odds as Berkut upstaging Camus on a Horse Emblem team. Which is to say, yeah they probably are perfectly willing to go there.

Ugh, that map design is disgusting. VS. Horse Emblem and having your troops split up with 1 deployment slot in striking distance of 3 of the 4 cavalry units. No telling what's going to be in the Infernal map.

11 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Ugh, that map design is disgusting. VS. Horse Emblem and having your troops split up with 1 deployment slot in striking distance of 3 of the 4 cavalry units. No telling what's going to be in the Infernal map.

For those who have yet to play it, the deployment spots in the Echoes version of this map were similarly spread out like this with Berkut being in the dead center of the map. So really they're just trying to be as faithful to the source map as possible except that Berkut only had Fernand and a generic paladin accompanying him there but eh we gotta have more than three dudes to fight in a GHB sadly.

Edited by Tybrosion

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

For those who have yet to play it, the deployment spots in the Echoes version of this map were similarly spread out like this with Berkut being in the dead center of the map. So really they're just trying to be as faithful to the source map as possible except that Berkut only had Fernand and a generic paladin accompanying him there but eh we gotta have more than three dudes to fight in a GHB sadly.

Except not everyone will have a Ridersbane and one turn this map like in Echoes lmao.

Really disappointed Berkut doesn't come with Krimheild to be honest. We're basically never getting that Lance then.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Really disappointed Berkut doesn't come with Krimheild to be honest. We're basically never getting that Lance then.

But it’s gross. That eye and these… what are these, tentacles? Eww.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Except not everyone will have a Ridersbane and one turn this map like in Echoes lmao.

No, some people were in my boat where a random encounter army moved to that part of the world map at the same time.

That was not a fun map to complete. 

1 minute ago, TheNiddo said:

No, some people were in my boat where a random encounter army moved to that part of the world map at the same time.

That was not a fun map to complete. 

No map is fun when Desaix's Paladin spawn decides to check in.

28 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

If you don't mind spending a few turns at the beginning to move your units around, it's entirely possible to get everyone into the bottom-right corner without triggering enemy movement (assuming this map behaves like other Grand Hero Battles and doesn't have the enemy move until you enter their range).

You'd move the right unit down out of range and have the top unit shimmy along the right edge. The only restrictions to do so is either

• The top unit is cavalry and at least one other unit has Reposition or Draw Back to pull the cavalry out of Berkut's range while moving down the right.
  • The top unit is infantry or flying and has Reposition or Draw Back and at least one other unit is a dancer to dance the top unit out of Berkut's range and then pull the dancer to safety.

An armor starting at the right cannot move out of range of Berkut unless the top unit is not an armor and the armor has Pivot, the top unit is cavalry and has Reposition, or the top unit is infantry or flying and has Reposition or Draw Back. Or the bottom pair have a cavalry unit with Reposition or Draw Back and another unit with Reposition, Draw Back, or Dance.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

But it’s gross. That eye and these… what are these, tentacles? Eww.

I wouldn't mind a weapon made of tentacles. Just sayin'. Wholesome tentacles are a wonderful thing.

11 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Maybe someday glowy Berkut will be a boss or obtainable character. Still hoping for playable Cipher Grima.

Edited by Ice Dragon

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Maybe someday glowy Berkut will be a boss or obtainable character. Still hoping for playable Cipher Grima.

Hopefully that will be the same day glowy Takumi and his Skadi will also see the light of day in Heroes.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Hopefully that will be the same day glowy Takumi and his Skadi will also see the light of day in Heroes.

Glowy banner?