More info for this week teased (no new characters yet?)

VincentASM

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I can see that. Why?

Mostly because those are going to be generic by principle. I find the normal/Awakening Musous to be more unique. (Though I have to admit you have somewhat of a point: Robin's four-element laser magic exploding ball of magic is a terrific Pair Up Musou finisher compared to the others.)

Edited by Folt

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Folt said:

Mostly because those are going to be generic by principle. I find the normal/Awakening Musous to be more unique. (Though I have to admit you have somewhat of a point: Robin's four-element laser magic exploding ball of magic is a terrific Pair Up Musou finisher compared to the others.)

Well, this isn't a Pair Up special. Nor is this one. They're still pretty much the same thing. Marth's is better because the camera work makes it look cooler, but it's not that much better.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Well, this isn't a Pair Up special. Nor is this one. They're still pretty much the same thing. Marth's is better because the camera work makes it look cooler, but it's not that much better.

And none of those are rapid slashes. In Marth's case he's taking a book out of Riku's Dark Aura for some reason (and Riku's Dark Aura owns) while Xander uses sword beams (and latter a Dark elemental spin attack) which is cool.

10 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

My first thought when Freddy was revealed was "Looks like @Anacybele gonna be happy."

I sure am! x3 I LOVE him and he's my favorite FE character besides Ike, why shouldn't I be super excited? :D

13 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

I think what @SatsumaFSoysoy is saying is that they played SW and/or HW. 

I've played HW too... And this is still an opinionated thing. Satsuma thinks the animations are boring, I don't. I will concede that Satsuma probably knows more about Warriors games in general than I do, but my point here still stands.

The rapid slashing/stabbing doesn't look terribly boring to me, but then again, a lot of my experience with Warriors is with the older, slower games, so maybe it just seems normal to me?

Like in SW2, if you have a maxed musou bar and unleash it, sometimes you're waiting 10-15 seconds for you character to finish spinning in place, doing nothing else. Same concept.

10 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Marth's is better because the camera work makes it look cooler, but it's not that much better.

Marth's look like it was copied straight from Griffith, which is awesome. If Ike gets added and has a special like Guts'? I'd explode from sheer badassery. 

Edited by BlizzardWolf95

1 minute ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Marth's look like it was copied straight from Griffith, which is awesome. If Ike gets added and has a special like Guts'? I'd explode from sheer badassery. 

I dunno, I'd say Ike would get something that involves his Aether skill. Ike isn't Ike without the skill he himself introduced to the series and other lords. Chrom and Lucina and anybody else who gets it after them have Ike to thank for it! What better way to show that off than to have Ike use his super awesome Aether animation in a special? Not that it should be the ENTIRE animation, of course... Just being part of it would be fine!

Just now, Folt said:

And none of those are rapid slashes. In Marth's case he's taking a book out of Riku's Dark Aura for some reason (and Riku's Dark Aura owns) while Xander uses sword beams (and latter a Dark elemental spin attack) which is cool.

I mean, they're not as generic-looking, but they're still just cuts into one bigger cut. It's a common tempo, and Marth's isn't really bad, but the developers clearly have no ideas.

Xander doesn't even use sword beams in that special though. It's just straight cuts.

I mean, they're not as generic-looking, but they're still just cuts into one bigger cut. It's a common tempo, and Marth's isn't really bad, but the developers clearly have no ideas.

Xander doesn't even use sword beams in that special though. It's just straight cuts.

Pretty sure those are sword beams.

Also, lots of cuts into one bigger cut can be described of many super attacks in general, not just for this game, but other games. And both of them look pretty good actually.

3 minutes ago, Folt said:

Pretty sure those are sword beams.

Also, lots of cuts into one bigger cut can be described of many super attacks in general, not just for this game, but other games. And both of them look pretty good actually.

I see zero purple beams.

This is true. They both visually look alright, but they're not creative. And if they're not creative, I would rather they cut the cinematics so I don't have to sit and wait.

6 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I see zero purple beams.

This is true. They both visually look alright, but they're not creative. And if they're not creative, I would rather they cut the cinematics so I don't have to sit and wait.

And I'm not talking about purple beams either.

And I don't really care about whether they're creative or not but I think they're pretty cool, so I'll keep the cinematics.

EDIT: Actually, looking over it again, Xander's spin attack does seem to release two purple beams as well.

Edited by Folt

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I see zero purple beams.

In regards to creativity, how much can you think there will be? Almost everything is derived from something else nowadays. Special attacks we see here are derived from special attacks in other series. 

2 minutes ago, Folt said:

And I'm not talking about purple beams either.

And I don't really care about whether they're creative or not but I think they're pretty cool, so I'll keep the cinematics.

But what sword beams are you talking about? This is what Siegfried's beams look like in Warriors, and they're purple. They weren't in the special. At all.

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

In regards to creativity, how much can you think there will be? Almost everything is derived from something else nowadays. Special attacks we see here are derived from special attacks in other series. 

That's a bit of a strange question. There is no limit to how creative you can be, and there is also no limit to how uncreative you can be. Even with derivation, you can put new and unique twists on the original concept to give your product a new identity. Unless you're saying nothing can ever be creative because everything has always been done before. Then I guess every content creator active right now should just quit.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

But what sword beams are you talking about? This is what Siegfried's beams look like in Warriors, and they're purple. They weren't in the special. At all.

The beams he makes with his early slashes before the spin attack. He makes two X-shaped beams with his slashes before he does the spin attack

3 minutes ago, Folt said:

The beams he makes with his early slashes before the spin attack. He makes two X-shaped beams with his slashes before he does the spin attack

Those are just blue sword trails from regular slashes.

Those are just blue sword trails from regular slashes.

No. Those are there too, but there's definitely two X-shaped sword beams there as well.

No. Those are there too, but there's definitely two X-shaped sword beams there as well.

They've already put in very distinct visual cues as to when Siegfried is using its beams, and they were not there during that special. Unless you're gonna tell me they suddenly changed their mind for that one attack and decided blue looks better, then I guess clearly you are right.

They've already put in very distinct visual cues as to when Siegfried is using its beams, and they were not there during that special. Unless you're gonna tell me they suddenly changed their mind for that one attack and decided blue looks better, then I guess clearly you are right.

Or they just didn't want those to be dark-elemental.

The Corrin special lacking a revert animation was pretty bad when I first saw it. But I just remembered Fates didn't have a revert animation either. The animators have no concept to go on. Unless you want to see the animation of wings sprouting in reverse. Eww.

Or they just didn't want those to be dark-elemental.

Looked at the footage some more, and Xander is indeed firing purple beams with his sword in his Musou as well, not just the X-shaped ones.

I am blind and cannot see them. Please screenshot and show me. Unless you mean the final spin.

4 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

The Corrin special lacking a revert animation was pretty bad when I first saw it. But I just remembered Fates didn't have a revert animation either. The animators have no concept to go on. Unless you want to see the animation of wings sprouting in reverse. Eww.

There actually was one in Fates, in a cutscene. It was a bunch of smoke and stuff. 

5:06

7 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I am blind and cannot see them. Please screenshot and show me. Unless you mean the final spin.

59650593d1f19_SwordBeamMusou1.thumb.png.6074fad0336ed2aafc6d21fb67eb76ea.png

Here, with a crudely drawn arrow to point it out for good measure.

11 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

There actually was one in Fates, in a cutscene. It was a bunch of smoke and stuff. 

5:06

Gods, those wings can be seen retracting. I just imagine a big ol' sssssluuuuurp sound now.

Thanks for ruining the one cool thing about Corrin, the shapeshifting.

Here, with a crudely drawn arrow to point it out for good measure.

Okay, I see it now. And in motion, they continue to travel forward too. I'm not sure if those are just shockwves or actually beams, but that's a thing I guess. Good eye.

4 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Gods, those wings can be seen retracting. I just imagine a big ol' sssssluuuuurp sound now.

Thanks for ruining the one cool thing about Corrin, the shapeshifting.

Idk, the Yato is pretty slick.

Okay, I see it now. And in motion, they continue to travel forward too. I'm not sure if those are just shockwves or actually beams, but that's a thing I guess. Good eye.

It's a somewhat standard take on sword beams. most things we call sword beams are technically not beams but projectiles that travel forward, whether from activating something by the sword (like Siegfried and it's usual laser), swinging the sword (in this case, Xander has to swing his sword twice to make it appear as it's X-shaped) or do something fancy.