New banners announced: Alm's Army/Celica's Army

Korath88

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

I mean, CA Brave-Axe Titania would wreck her shit, but lul CA Titania.

@Alexmender

The actual threat to Sophia is Cancel Affinity Camilla, Cherche, and Minerva. And Hector.

Oh god, Hector running Cancel Affinity to counter Ruby Sword Olivia (on seasons with Olivia as a bonus character) would be pretty amusing.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That was the other fear that I had, but Reinhardt was more important.

I could just run Swordbreaker on Ninian without Triangle Adept at all, but I get the suspicion that that won't actually kill Lucina because Ninian is way too weak.

Neutral +10 Lucina with Fury 3 survives my Ninian with Swordbreaker with 7 HP before Fury recoil. I suppose i could run Flametongue+ (lul) and Close Def or Distant Counter on Ninian instead.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Who thought Delthea was a good idea lmao. She's a premier glass cannon AND an extremely strong buffer. IS pls.

Because Reinhardt.

Nerfing is more or less not allowed, so the only way to have variety at the top is to have a lot of Reinhardt level units.

Edit:

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Alexmender

The actual threat to Sophia is Cancel Affinity Camilla, Cherche, and Minerva. And Hector.

I can see Hector, but doesn't the flier trio just get kited forever? Titania at least has the ground speed to catch up to reposition effects.

Edited by DehNutCase

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oh, god. Mathilda

Reveal hidden contents

has the most disappointing stat spread ever. It's literally Peri, but worse.

All that matters is that she's beautiful in Waifu and Husbando Emblem. :p

Also, I find it funny how Clive could be considered more beautiful than Mathilda.

Leon's stat spread screams Close Counter to me. He's basically Takumi, but if Takumi traded 2 HP and 3 resistance for more defense. Also, flipped attack and speed. So, using KageroChart, a simulated +Atk, -Res Leon with Slaying Bow+, Luna, Close Counter, and Quick Riposte against everyone with Fury 3, he gets 94 wins, 28 losses, and 24 draws. On a defense tile, he gets 107 wins, 13 losses, and 26 draws. Leon actually does worse with Bonfire. With Bonfire on a regular tile, he gets 88 wins, 28 losses, and 30 draws while on a defense tile, he gets 101 wins, 13 losses, and 32 draws.

Compared to Gordin, Takumi, and Virion from this post: https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/73008-new-banners-announced-alms-armycelicas-army/&do=findComment&comment=4915004, he's the best user of this build, Bonfire or Luna, by a long shot. =Atk Leon would only trail behind these guys while they're +Atk.

Neutral Leon running the same build would get 73 wins, 27 losses, and 46 draws. That's about where +Atk, -Res Gordin would be with Silver Bow+ and Moonbow, but with flipped losses and draws. On a defense tile, 88 wins, 10 losses, and 48 draws. Still all right.

With similar stats offensive stats to Takumi, Brave Bow is probably on more people's minds than Close Counter and Quick Riposte. So, simulated +Atk, -Res Leon with Brave Bow+, Luna, and L&D3 against everyone with Fury 3 gets 90 wins, 6 losses, and 50 draws.

+Atk, -Res Takumi gets 87 wins, 3 losses, and 56 draws. Giving Takumi an Attack +1 seal puts him at 99 wins, 3 losses, and 44 draws. Leon with an Attack +1 seal only gets 3 more wins while Speed +1 seal gives him 7 more.

Dude's around where summer Gaius and Takumi are as offensive archers while also capable of being a good physically defensive archer.

Edited by Kaden

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Alexmender

Oh god, Hector running Cancel Affinity to counter Ruby Sword Olivia (on seasons with Olivia as a bonus character) would be pretty amusing.

You're right, but no one uses Camilla (the bunny version prefers G! Tomebreaker if I recall correctly), Cherche and Minerva are dangerous because they don't have a B skill they prefer, Hector is either Vantage or a random B to take you off guard and this seems to fit that exactly.

If it comes to the worst, Sophia won't be able to tank greens that much, but tanking colorless is more than enough for me.

Edited by Alexmender

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I can see Hector, but doesn't the flier trio just get kited forever? Titania at least has the ground speed to catch up to reposition effects.

You'll hit the end of the map eventually, but no, you should be able to kite them until they die. It's more that the usual way to deal with them is to just let them hit you for free special skill charges, and I'm sure I'll probably forget I can't do that if they have Cancel Affinity.

1 minute ago, Alexmender said:

You're right, but no one uses Camilla (the bunny version prefers G! Tomebreaker if I recall correctly), Cherche and Minerva are dangerous because they don't have a B skill they prefer, Hector is either Vantage or a random B to take you off guard and this seems to fit that exactly.

If it comes to the worst, Sophia won't be able to tank greens that much, but tanking colorless is more than enough for me.

I saw a decent number of Camillas back when I was in the 4,800 score range months ago. I suppose their numbers have probably died down by now, but I definitely recall Camilla being annoying for having Draconic Aura on the fourth hit.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I saw a decent number of Camillas back when I was in the 4,800 score range months ago. I suppose their numbers have probably died down by now, but I definitely recall Camilla being annoying for having Draconic Aura on the fourth hit.

I remember her being more common before SI, she stopped being used when Cherche took her spot as a Brave axe+ nuke, right now if one sees Camilla it'll be either the bunny version or one with roids in Tempest Trials.

14 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

CA is melee only. I can lay down my pitchfork. Sorry random IS employee for accusing you of being dumb enough to buff Reinhardt.

Aw, there goes my conspiracy theory of the developers trying to find ways to buff Reinhardt to make him into the monster he was in Thracia 776 I've heard about. It just seemed so obvious. Reinhardt being 4* summonable means many players have more chances to get him, skill inheritance allowed Reinhardt access to the much coveted Death Blow, Quickened Pulse let Reinhardt have instant Moonbow, and Cancel Affinity could have let him ignore the weapon triangle even more. Perhaps another day, Reinhardt. You'll get your chance to become the God of Thunder. :P

5 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

I remember her being more common before SI, she stopped being used when Cherche took her spot as a Brave axe+ nuke, right now if one sees Camilla it'll be either the bunny version or one with roids in Tempest Trials.

I think I do see her occasionally on Flier Emblem teams, though.

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

Perhaps another day, Reinhardt. You'll get your chance to become the God of Thunder. :P

He can't be the God of Thunder because his title in Japanese is "Right Hand of the God of Thunder". Maybe he can aim to become the entire right arm?

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I think I do see her occasionally on Flier Emblem teams, though.

I think I've seen her twice at most on Flier Emblem, most of the time it's either the Bunny Camilla or Cherche but maybe that's just my luck in arena.

On other news, some on reddit are saying that CA can be inherited by archers, which means RIP for me and my Sophia..... Well shit, B! Cordelia became even worse than before.

1 minute ago, Alexmender said:

I think I've seen her twice at most on Flier Emblem, most of the time it's either the Bunny Camilla or Cherche but maybe that's just my luck in arena.

On other news, some on reddit are saying that CA can be inherited by archers, which means RIP for me and my Sophia..... Well shit, B! Cordelia became even worse than before.

Firesweep Cancel Affinity GO.

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

He can't be the God of Thunder because his title in Japanese is "Right Hand of the God of Thunder". Maybe he can aim to become the entire right arm?

Right Hand of the God of Thunder sounds more authoritative than Thunder's Fist which might be more at home in a superhero comic or as a special move.

Anyway, moving up from hand to arm sounds like a good deal. It'll bring attention away from his tiny hands if you focus on his arms. :P

16 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Nope. Do it. You need her :D

xD Maybe one or two pulls couldn't hurt ;)

16 hours ago, Catria! said:

Control ur teenage hormones

Got sexy knightess instead. :D

20 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

2oqeImg.png

Not much point, though, B-slot is where desperation goes. CA doesn't fix her terrible, terrible bulk. (I personally run WoM because she's on my defense team.)

Just now, DehNutCase said:

2oqeImg.png

Not much point, though, B-slot is where desperation goes. CA doesn't fix her terrible, terrible bulk. (I personally run WoM because she's on my defense team.)

It's not the quad build I'm worried about, it's the Firesweep bow variant which frightens me, while baiting her is troublesome because you can't counter with TA Sophia is able to tank her for a turn while receiving pitiful damage, now that's impossible with CA.

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

If you run Firesweep Bow+ instead, her bulk doesn't matter and she can break through the usual Triangle Adept Litrraven build. Of course, that assumes you have a Firesweep Bow+ lying around to spare.

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

2oqeImg.png

Cordelia can but Reinhardt can't? Explain?

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

If I wanted to choose one of those two, I'd pick bows to miss out.

There's a damned good reason Cancel Affinity is limited to physical weapons and Dark Aura is limited to melee-range weapons.

Really, all Cancel Affinity does for bows is make it so that they behave like colorless was "supposed" to and be unaffected by the weapon triangle.

EDIT:

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

Random Lunatic to Infernal Takumi on singleplayer with Cancel Affinity... Man, that's going to suck.

My Tiki'll just walk in with her 37 Spd and 42 Def and be like "'Sup!"

Edited by Ice Dragon