Halloween for Heroes

Hirotune

Before the summer banner, I would've guessed some kind of trick-or-treat Gaius. I actually think they'll do something reflecting the season itself, not directly Halloween. As a counterpart to the Spring banner, I'd wager that'd be something relating to harvesting (crop/farming weapons). Also probably Hoshido people and Corrin since they haven't used any of them yet.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

I'm gonna hope for Dwyer, Rhajat, Ophelia, and Velouria; kids trick or treating would be a good theme

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Japan doesn't trick-or-treat for Halloween. So I wouldn't get my hopes up for that.

I mean, they know that trick-or-treating exists in America, but that's about it.

That said, god help me if I have to listen to a bunch of Halloween characters saying トリック・オア・トリート! every minute in horribly butchered English.

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I mean, they know that trick-or-treating exists in America, but that's about it.

That said, god help me if I have to listen to a bunch of Halloween characters saying トリック・オア・トリート! every minute in horribly butchered English.

I find it a little endearing. Just imagine them as big babies. If they replaced "ト" with "チ" or "チュ" would that make it more bearable for you? I do not think they understand all the little nuances of English yet, but maybe someone on their team will this time.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I find it a little endearing. Just imagine them as big babies. If they replaced "ト" with "チ" or "チュ" would that make it more bearable for you? I do not think they understand all the little nuances of English yet, but maybe someone on their team will this time.

Not really. Poorly spoken English grates my ears as much as poorly spoken Japanese.

To be fair, English in Japan is typically taught through the Japanese syllabary, which is not a good approximation for English sounds, and because knowing the vocabulary and grammar rules to regurgitate on tests is more important than being intelligible to an English speaker.

And in both cases, many speakers don't bother trying to pronounce sounds that don't exist in their native language.

Woot! Late to the costume party!

On 7/18/2017 at 9:43 AM, Malik said:

Am sure there will be tharja the 3 others dont realy care

Wasn't there a christmas variation of her and M!Robin???

---

Vampire Leo has the most mentions here... Doesn't that make him mandatory? What would he be though? Dagger? I guess he could throw tomatoes at you. 

Considering two Nohr siblings were in the Spring banner, I could see Elise in the hypothetical Halloween banner. She could be a witch that uses a broom for a lance, or tomes.

What about Takumi as Robin hood? Anyone?

And Kellam as a sheet ghost. End of story. 

Or even Celica and her band of pirates. 

Or Laslow as Zorro.

I dunno i'm out of ideas XD.

If we're not getting a swimsuit female Corrin, I would expect us getting Halloween Witch female Corrin, based on her Cipher art.

I want Witch Cynthia though. I don't know why, but I want Cynthia in a large hat.

My one desire is that the next special banner has characters I want that are from some color.  Roughly 2/3s of my box is filled with nocolor units from the Summer and Bridal specials, I can't take anymore.  Preferably some blues because I still want an Ephraim, Azura, and Lukas whereas there are a lot of red and green 5*s I don't want.  Red wouldn't be bad either, because I'd love to have some Fury food.

Edited by Lushen

On 7/24/2017 at 0:14 PM, tumut said:

I want a vampire Henry and I want him to be actually usable. 

Witch Anna or a Masquerade male Corrin. Florina or Lilina could be cool too.

Gonna double-up on that Vampire Henry. Blue or green tome-user with a nerfed absorb effect.

Grim-Reaper Kaze. Axe-user, axe is a scythe. Probably with a Poison Strike effect.

Draco-Zombie Myrh, any color will do.

Lastly, a witch. Not sure who I need to see in this get-up, but off the top of my head, Anna, Nyx, Lute and Diadora would all be fine candidates.

45 minutes ago, Cornguy said:

Draco-Zombie Myrh, any color will do.

green, we need more green dragons.

also I would love this, but it's hard to think of how she would look untransformed, maybe just regular zombie, I duno.

10 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

also I would love this, but it's hard to think of how she would look untransformed, maybe just regular zombie, I duno.

Zombie Myrrh should be red because I'd like regular Myrrh to be green.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Zombie Myrrh should be red because I'd like regular Myrrh to be green.

right after I made that post I thought about it and that did make more sense, besides we need more red dragon variety anyways, you only get two flavors of tiki.

also leo with a mogall(did I spell that right) on his head.

35 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I think one skeletal wing, a white streak in the hair, and either a missing eye, or if that's too much, one glowing red eye.

Hm, only four, with two for each gender...? That's tough. But I shall go with: cute kitty-girl Est, Grim Reaper Minerva, pirate Ephraim, and magical girl Lucius. These are my demands, now let it be so!!

On 7/18/2017 at 3:30 AM, XRay said:

I personally want more Lucinas and Camillas. Succubus costumes sound pretty nice.

I kinda like that idea. Could be a sort of Morrigan/Lilith setup?

On 7/18/2017 at 5:17 PM, Anacybele said:

We don't need anymore Lucinas anyway. She's gotten three variations already. Let characters who haven't had a chance yet get some spotlight here.

There can never be too many Lucinas...! But, for the purposes of this thread, why does it matter that she has three variations already? People are just saying what they want to see, it's not like we're hashing out ideas that are actually going to be implemented or taken into consideration by the developers.

On 7/18/2017 at 8:02 AM, Rafiel's Aria said:

For Halloween costumes, could we just have characters dressed as other characters? Camilla!Ike, Hector!Nino, MaskedMarth!Lucina, Felicia!Lucius, and Hawkeye!Camus are my picks. 

(In all seriousness though, Lucius as a maid would be hella cute, and I would actually pull for that gimmick.) 

Now I legitimately want to see all of those, especially Camilla!Ike. He seems like the sort of man that could really pull off a pair of battle-panties! But he should keep his signature headband over Camilla's tiara thing.

10 minutes ago, Astellius said:

There can never be too many Lucinas...! But, for the purposes of this thread, why does it matter that she has three variations already? People are just saying what they want to see, it's not like we're hashing out ideas that are actually going to be implemented or taken into consideration by the developers.

Because as you said, people are just saying what they'd like to see. I'd like to see characters who don't have other variations yet rather than Lucina #5 (she's getting a CYL outfit too, which will make four variations of her in the game by the time Halloween comes).

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Because as you said, people are just saying what they'd like to see. I'd like to see characters who don't have other variations yet rather than Lucina #5 (she's getting a CYL outfit too, which will make four variations of her in the game by the time Halloween comes).

Then just say what you want to see, not what you don't want to see.

54 minutes ago, Astellius said:

I kinda like that idea. Could be a sort of Morrigan/Lilith setup?

That is what imagined what she will look similar to, except with horns on their heads instead of Morrigan's head wings.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

That is what imagined what she will look similar to, except with horns on their heads instead of Morrigan's head wings.

Morrigan's and Lilith's outfits are so plain and uninteresting, though.