Mario+Rabbids Kingdom inspired by Fire Emblem&Advance Wars!

Harvey

2 hours ago, Harvey said:

Agreed. Even the permadeath in VC is poorly implemented due to the fact that it borrows elements from SD where you can only get new units if some units die.

I don't know if this holds true in the sequels but in the first game, there was only one character locked behind a "at least one person must die" wall. 

The game is really a hybrid of classic/casual where characters will only die if they aren't rescued in time. This wouldn't work well in FE, I feel, but it was cool in VC.

1 hour ago, Tolvir said:

Not really similar, but if you like the more character centered stories of Fire Emblem and tactical strategy games, then I would recommend it, which was my point. Valkyria Chronicles has a very character centered story and good tactical strategy elements. Though that is pretty much the end of its similarities with FE, it still sort of scratched that itch if you will for myself when I got bored of Awakening after a while.

Oh, I can definitely see that, I was just thinking about the gameplay. I like that you have multiple units of a class to pick who you want for a playthrough, like FE. As if you'd ever not use Jane.

6 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

I don't know if this holds true in the sequels but in the first game, there was only one character locked behind a "at least one person must die" wall. 

The game is really a hybrid of classic/casual where characters will only die if they aren't rescued in time. This wouldn't work well in FE, I feel, but it was cool in VC.

Oh, I can definitely see that, I was just thinking about the gameplay. I like that you have multiple units of a class to pick who you want for a playthrough, like FE. As if you'd ever not use Jane.

Definitely, the class system was nice. I also liked that so was shared across the class so when you got someone new they weren't super behind.

And Jane was the shit.