Roster question/speculation?

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Correction: MOSTLY on SD, Awakening, and Fates. So Ike and Roy have a fair shot and really should be playable.

I expect Ike and Roy to be in because they're popular and have Amiibo, not just because they have Amiibo.

Popularity does not equate to being in the game. Look at the majority of HW. I mean Agitha, a barely present character got in and not Groose, someone who was very well liked.

1 minute ago, Azz said:

Popularity does not equate to being in the game. Look at the majority of HW. I mean Agitha, a barely present character got in and not Groose, someone who was very well liked.

Koei apparently likes joke characters too, which Agitha is. And they do go by popularity, as I heard that they did polls all the time for the other Warriors games and that was the main reason why the rosters for some of them were picked.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Koei apparently likes joke characters too, which Agitha is. And they do go by popularity, as I heard that they did polls all the time for the other Warriors games and that was the main reason why the rosters for some of them were picked.

As far as I know, Agitha wasn't a joke character but rather a developer favorite. That's why she got in. Hyrule Warriors didn't really have a joke character.

8 minutes ago, Pokechu said:

As far as I know, Agitha wasn't a joke character but rather a developer favorite. That's why she got in. Hyrule Warriors didn't really have a joke character.

Agitha and Tingle sure seem like joke characters to me. Tingle just had the bonus of being popular in Japan (he's hated everywhere else).

32 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Agitha and Tingle sure seem like joke characters to me. Tingle just had the bonus of being popular in Japan (he's hated everywhere else).

In fairness, Europe/Australia found Tingle to be "ok", not super loved or anything, but not vehemently hated either. It's the reason his first spin-off game, Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland saw release in the PAL region, while the US/NTSC didn't get a release. Given his appearances in the series and his spin-offs, it would have been weird to not include him at some point in Hyrule Warriors. 

That said, I can't really think of a "joke" character from FE that has the same impact like Tingle does in the Zelda series. Hm.

Edited by Tactician_Iris
Goofed a sentence

Personally, I don't want major characters from the games outside of SD/Awakening/Fates.  They'd either show up randomly in the story as reinforcements with no character arc, or be non-story modes only like F!Robin.  If Ike shows up, I'd rather it be in the story and we encounter him around the time Greil dies (similar to when the story is going to encounter the Fates/Awakening characters), rather than him show up to kill the final boss just because he's Ike, or only be an Adventure Mode unlock.

The Toon Link amiibo originally counted as a Link amiibo in HW on Wii U until the Legends patch released.  They don't need to have every FE amiibo character in the game in order for every FE amiibo to have specific functionality for the game.