Tempest Trials: Twilight of the Gods Edition!

Vaximillian

I've now hit 30k and have the 5* Disappointment Incarnate Clive to show for it as my march towards now 50k continues.

15 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Am I imagining things, or did they increase the pool of maps for this Tempest?  It seems like it's not the same 7 maps every time, unlike the last two Tempests.  That should spice things up a bit.

This one has all the Chapter 12 maps and Chapter 9 maps except for Bruno's (9-4) while the last one only had the three Paralogue 4 maps and three maps from Chapter 11 (11-1, 11-2, 11-4). So yeah, they did up the variety compared to last month.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I've started with just the lowest enemies so far to get to know the maps and such. Score is 1,039. I started late though, because I'm having problems getting apps on my phone to get internet now for some reason. I've not found a solution for this. And I was grinding some SP for Reinhardt to get Death Blow 2 as well.

I'm glad lower level enemies were included this time, it helps see what maps and types of enemies are being used without giving you a big challenge right away.

Also glad Alm is still a bonus unit. Otherwise I wouldn't have one. xP

It's nice that the 20%ers get the stat bonus, too.  I'm using the Alm I used for last time, in addition to Sonya.

In a totally unrelated note.  After wasting all my Orbs trying to get a better Ike, I blew some money on buying Orbs, and got a +Atk,-Res Ike that I merged my old one into.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

It's nice that the 20%ers get the stat bonus, too.  I'm using the Alm I used for last time, in addition to Sonya.

In a totally unrelated note.  After wasting all my Orbs trying to get a better Ike, I blew some money on buying Orbs, and got a +Atk,-Res Ike that I merged my old one into.

Yay, finally your luck with 5 stars is good! I mean, you had all that -Atk BS, so. :P

And yeah, it's nice that the 20% bonus units still get those stat boosts and all. Alm's all I got for this, though I wouldn't mind having Celica. I need a good red mage. But I don't want to end up pulling Gray instead...

So is there any reason to the specific chapter 9 maps they chose

I figured they were Archanea maps, to go with using the thabes labrynth but no they're entirely original. Just seems odd.

Haven't been doing much Tempest over the weekend, but Celica, Ike, and Gray have reached level 40. Well, not quite- Celica's only 39, but she'll be bumped up to 40 in the Tempest. Training Tobin now, and probably L!Marth if I still have the stamina later.

What's Clive's Summon quote, anyway?

38 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

If you merge an old unit into a new one do the skills from the old one carry over into the new one? like if you put sol on an old Ike but got a better one could you merge without losing it?

2 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

If you merge an old unit into a new one do the skills from the old one carry over into the new one? like if you put sol on an old Ike but got a better one could you merge without losing it?

Yep, I can confirm that this is true. When I merged my old Ephraim with the better one I pulled last month, the skills all carried over.

I ... don't know how, but my Reinhardt survived a single hit from Sonya. Which was lucky because he then finished her off with luna. Still, screw you Sonya for killing Alfonse.

10 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I took a nap today and so my score is at 12,585. No, I'm not using auto battle, I like playing the game!

Is Auto-Battling really a viable option for the higher difficulties?  I imagine you'd die pretty easily.

1 minute ago, thecrimsonflash said:

All Skills you had carry over, but SP does not, so make sure to spend any extra SP you have before merging them into the new one!

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yep, I can confirm that this is true. When I merged my old Ephraim with the better one I pulled last month, the skills all carried over.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Is Auto-Battling really a viable option for the higher difficulties?  I imagine you'd die pretty easily.

All Skills you had carry over, but SP does not, so make sure to spend any extra SP you have before merging them into the new one!

thanks for that, I got a pretty bad celica around the end of the last TT and I wanted to know if I would have to be careful about giving new skills if on the really off chance that I get another one.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

"I am Clive. I believe that we of noble birth have a duty to use our strength to bring peace to the land."

Wow, considering his title and Tobin's summon quote, that's actually pretty spot on. Impressive.

(Well, now they know we can view these things whenever, so...)

Just now, thecrimsonflash said:

thanks for that, I got a pretty bad celica around the end of the last TT and I wanted to know if I would have to be careful about giving new skills if on the really off chance that I get another one.

With stat inflation on your units, natures do not matter too much in my opinion. Celica will still sweep the floor with the enemies if she has -Atk/Spd.

Only just now getting 4 star Clive. I spent most of my play time today grabbing double SP for my new 5 stars. I'm just so excited to use them. 

Aaaand I'm excited to be grinding Hero Merit again. All my guys are worth a 1000 feathers more. :0

22 minutes ago, XRay said:

With stat inflation on your units, natures do not matter too much in my opinion. Celica will still sweep the floor with the enemies if she has -Atk/Spd.

as someone with -Atk/+Res Celica, can confirm.

gosh the double SP for bonus units is so nice. and the stat inflation. my 4* Berkut has 5* stats because of it and since he had so much SP i got a little trigger happy and gave him the Brave Lance build, 20,000 feathers and all. no regrets. still need to farm SP for his special and assist but gosh. it took no time at all to inherit 3 levels of all his skills even after i'd wasted SP on his base kit skills. i have no regrets. plus he can instagib boss Sonya if his special is up so that's nice.

hopefully Hero Merit will make up for what i just spent 8')

53 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

No, I'm not using auto battle, I like playing the game!

Yahoo! High five!

I haven't used auto battle once and like, it's tooootally so much more fun! I love killing everyone with Nino! She almost has capped SP :o

30 minutes ago, XRay said:

My Celica is +Atk -Spd

67 attack when buffed :smug:

Edited by Astolfo!

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Am I imagining things, or did they increase the pool of maps for this Tempest?  It seems like it's not the same 7 maps every time, unlike the last two Tempests.  That should spice things up a bit.

It was only that extreme in the second one. In the first TT, there were two pools of 5 maps (all of Ch4 and Ch8), so you'd face 6 out of the 10 past maps while playing Lunatic-7. But in the second TT, there were just two pools of 3 maps (Alm's paralogue and part of Ch11, leaving out both 11-3 and 11-5) so you'd play all 6 on Lunatic-7.

I think this one has two pools of 4 maps: Ch12 and Ch9, leaving out 12-4 and 9-4. Or at least, I haven't encountered 12-4 or 9-4 yet. So it's more varied than the previous TT but not quite as varied as the first one.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

I've now hit 30k and have the 5* Disappointment Incarnate Clive to show for it as my march towards now 50k continues.

This one has all the Chapter 12 maps and Chapter 9 maps except for Bruno's (9-4) while the last one only had the three Paralogue 4 maps and three maps from Chapter 11 (11-1, 11-2, 11-4). So yeah, they did up the variety compared to last month.

Has 12-4 been confirmed for being in?

1 hour ago, r_n said:

So is there any reason to the specific chapter 9 maps they chose

I figured they were Archanea maps, to go with using the thabes labrynth but no they're entirely original. Just seems odd.

I think it's just all of them except 9-4 due to it being a bit weird.

Hmm. Now that I think of it, is 9-4 even in the Training Tower? I think I've encountered 11-5 in the Training Tower, but to my recollection, never 11-3.

Edited by Othin

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

Hmm. Now that I think of it, is 9-4 even in the Training Tower? I think I've encountered 11-5 in the Training Tower, but to my recollection, never 11-3.

I think I've seen 9-4 before. I haven't seen 11-3, though.

EDIT: Do any of the maps with defensive conditions appear?

Edited by phineas81707

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

Is 9-4 the one with Bruno?  If so, yeah, it shows up in the tower.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

It was only that extreme in the second one. In the first TT, there were two pools of 5 maps (all of Ch4 and Ch8), so you'd face 6 out of the 10 past maps while playing Lunatic-7. But in the second TT, there were just two pools of 3 maps (Alm's paralogue and part of Ch11, leaving out both 11-3 and 11-5) so you'd play all 6 on Lunatic-7.

I think this one has two pools of 4 maps: Ch12 and Ch9, leaving out 12-4 and 9-4. Or at least, I haven't encountered 12-4 or 9-4 yet. So it's more varied than the previous TT but not quite as varied as the first one.

9-4 used to be in the training tower but it was removed much earlier, along with maps like the FE7 genesis one. Maps are periodically removed from the tower when new ones are added.

12-4 isn't in the TT rotation.

*Wheezes* Just a bit more to go before I meet my admittedly arbitrary goal of 50k. I'm now sitting at 40,035 (good enough for the top 100, #96 to be exact) and have a newfound Hearty Bearing.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

Actually it isn't, my mistake. I've never run into it at the very least.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

*Wheezes* Just a bit more to go before I meet my admittedly arbitrary goal of 50k. I'm now sitting at 40,035 (good enough for the top 100, #96 to be exact) and have a newfound Hearty Bearing.

Wow, what is wrong with you? How many stamina potions have you used?

That Attack Ploy Seal looks like something Titania would like.  I currently have +Atk Seal on her, but this one suits her pretty well, and I can put that one on anybody.