Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, I got both PoR and RD used from GameStop as well back in about 2011. I'm certainly glad I got interested when I did since, yeah, both are now pretty hard to get these days.

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I just strolled into GameStop and got a copy of PoR there. Before I knew it and RD were rare. XD

I picked up PoR at release back in 2005, I believe it was.  I know it was shortly after I moved out on my own when I was in college.

It's funny, but there's so many of my favorites here.  like half of them would be my first choice, were this any other Gauntlet.  I don't mind if Ike loses to Lyn, but if he does, I want it to be a legitimate loss, and not due to multipliers.  This could have been a Chrom/Ephraim final, if it weren't for the multipliers.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, I got both PoR and RD used from GameStop as well back in about 2011. I'm certainly glad I got interested when I did since, yeah, both are now pretty hard to get these days.

Cool! I originally got RD used from GameStop too, but then it quit working right. It would freeze every time I had Leonardo attack a Peg knight. So I went hunting for a new copy. And as my luck would hold, the local Walmart had ONE brand new copy! Hell yeah.

7 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Yeah, funny how that works. Wonder if the WiiU can download them? 

They never got on the Wii U eShop, sadly. Hopefully the Switch gets them!

All right. I think I'm going to go Team Lyn. I'm still kind of on the fence, so someone might be able to convince me otherwise, but I feel like managing to pull her with relative ease was a sign from St. Elimine herself. lol (I mean...granted I pulled Ike and Lucina too, but I already had them. XD)

I kind of want to field my Lucius. ;A; I know he's not Nino, Reinhardt, or a tank, but he does pretty well in battle with his Wrathful Staff plus the heals. Plus I'd love to show him off... 

Just now, Rafiel's Aria said:

All right. I think I'm going to go Team Lyn. I'm still kind of on the fence, so someone might be able to convince me otherwise, but I feel like managing to pull her with relative ease was a sign from St. Elimine herself. lol (I mean...granted I pulled Ike and Lucina too, but I already had them. XD)

I kind of want to field my Lucius. ;A; I know he's not Nino, Reinhardt, or a tank, but he does pretty well in battle with his Wrathful Staff plus the heals. Plus I'd love to show him off... 

If you join Ike, you get this...

q6SMUJX.png?1

I was going to post this a bit closer to the 31st but anybody else on Team Ike who wants to add me feel free! 0028978737 my lead and planned rep will be gronnblade Soren. (although if people would like I could switch to my +1 fury Leon for awhile for the sake of the colorless quest)

Pffffff I'm so jealous of all of you who picked PoR and RD back in the days of them not being $80+. Melee was my introduction to FE when I was like 10, and dang I thought that Roy's sword was the absolute coolest thing ever. I wasn't able to play actual FE until Awakening, because dumbass 10-12 year old me could t figure out what game to start with!

18 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

So on another topic when everyone was discussing how units were merged. My M!Robin is now +5, and I have 5 more Robins left. Only problem is that they are all 3*. Meaning that I need to invest 2000 feathers to promote them to 4*, and another 20,000 to make them 5*. Basic math done, and I need to save up a grand total of 110,000 feathers...

Not that anyone probably cares, but Tana can now be added to my list of +1 5*s that I posted earlier.

11 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

But I haz my own. And I will say that she is quite fabulous. Hector's noble sacrifice was not in vain.

Then you know that Titania would want you to support Ike.  When things were their darkest, Titania stood by Ike and helped keep the Merc family together.  Everything would have fallen apart, if not for her.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Then you know that Titania would want you to support Ike.  When things were their darkest, Titania stood by Ike and helped keep the Merc family together.  Everything would have fallen apart, if not for her.

Or Ike who was painfully underleveled (due to hiding behind her all the time) would not have ran the moment the black knight nearly oneshotted him she would not let him go then and she would never let all that effort go to waste over such a petty squabble as a popularity contest.

46 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Have what? Robin+10? Or the 110,000 feathers? 

Anyways, since I have gotten quite a few 5* characters, I can withhold the need to promote more of them. I think what I'll do is just wait a bit and gather some feathers and decide what to do when I acquire another 20k feathers. I'll decide if I'll promote some other Robins or another character. 

The feathers. 

And, yeah, I have a hard time deciding.

This is the first gauntlet where I've had a copy participant.   I don't particularly know who to side with at this point.  I'm thinking Chrom for the sake of he was the reason I got into FE but I'm at a deep part on my PoR play through and Ike is looking like a really good choice right now. I'm really not sure. My vote could be changed really easily. 

5 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

This is the first gauntlet where I've had a copy participant.   I don't particularly know who to side with at this point.  I'm thinking Chrom for the sake of he was the reason I got into FE but I'm at a deep part on my PoR play through and Ike is looking like a really good choice right now. I'm really not sure. My vote could be changed really easily. 

Ike is always wanting more to join the family.  You could also try out my Titania.

q6SMUJX.png?1

I think your twin is joining Lyn, though.

8 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Question, were you Team Ephraim on the first gauntlet?

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Ike is always wanting more to join the family.  You could also try out my Titania.

q6SMUJX.png?1

Ohmigosh. Back off with this horse woman of the apocalypse propaganda.

@Anime27Arts You're going on team Lyn!

2 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

We shall have cookware accusing its compatriot of undue darkness.

To be honest, I'm trying to get excited for this one, but I've afraid the multiplier is going to increase me salinity again.

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

q6SMUJX.png?1

Titania is EXTREMELY tempting seeing as I still haven't pulled her and pulled 2 Sorens and 1 +atk - Res Ike while trying to pull her on the original banner. Plus she's my favorite from PoR

8 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Question, were you Team Ephraim on the first gauntlet?

I was in the last round. I was Team Leo, then Chrom, then Ephriam. 

3 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

I have no objections to Lyn right now. I have a +spd Lyn that I'm grinding SP to get desperation and a brave sword + on her. I would go with a sweep skill but I haven't pulled anyone who has that.

2 hours ago, Frenzify said:

I mean, I'll go with Tharja, since I do like her, and she's on my main team anyway, but even with all these popular characters I'm still not feeling the gauntlet and how it's run.

Good to see another Tharja fan here. I just want to support her, not caring of how many feathers am I going to get.

1 minute ago, Anime27Arts said:

I have no objections to Lyn right now. I have a +spd Lyn that I'm grinding SP to get desperation and a brave sword + on her. I would go with a sweep skill but I haven't pulled anyone who has that.

It's the "everyone does it build", but Lyn with her prf weapon and Brash Assault is nice, and doesn't require 20K for a weapon.

6 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

I was in the last round. I was Team Leo, then Chrom, then Ephriam. 

Oh nah nah nah. See, now you HAVE to join with me purely cause you were literally with me every step of the way in that Gauntlet. Won't you fight beside me again? Won't you have the wind at our backs as we charge into combat one more time and carve out new legends? 

Chrom needs you

Edited by Motendra

Welp, ike is my favorite character in the franchise, so I'll be going with him. Doubt he's going to win the whole thing though. Every guy is going to vote for their girlfriend over him most likely.

I know that's a pretty cynical way of putting it but it is what a lot of people go by.

3 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Welp, ike is my favorite character in the franchise, so I'll be going with him. Doubt he's going to win the whole thing though. Every guy is going to vote for their girlfriend over him most likely.

I know that's a pretty cynical way of putting it but it is what a lot of people go by.

I never really felt much for virtual waifus and husbandos.  Even the characters I like, I generally don't feel any sort of romantic attraction to.  To be honest, I feel more for my virtual children in FE.

Eh. People who feel that much personal attachment to pixels and never grow out of it legitimately concern me. Or, I would say that it concerns me if I haven't already decided that I hate humanity for the most part.

I don't understand the whole waifu and husbando thing. Even when I was a kid I've never felt that kind of personal attachment to any fictional character. So when it comes to grown ass adults I understand even less how people could be so attached to something that doesn't exist.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I never really felt much for virtual waifus and husbandos.  Even the characters I like, I generally don't feel any sort of romantic attraction to.  To be honest, I feel more for my virtual children in FE.

Ditto. I just use waifu because it's close enough- I prefer to pair them with other people (Lyn, Alm and Ephraim).

19 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Chrom needs you

What Chrom needs is his Conqueror outfit from TMS. That alone would propel him in popularity (or so I wish). Add his Great Lord outfit for those who prefer the angelic type. 

I don't develop hubbypon or wifeypon attachments to vg characters. But I do develop closer bonds than perhaps I'd be willing to admit. I generally instead cast characters as sides of my personality/how I want to be/am. The Anguished One is one such character, Soren is another, Presea used to be one (the symbol of my depressive side, but she's faded from me over the years).