Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

Just now, Zangetsu said:

I hate it bcuz it means we won't ever get a match like Chrom vs Emphraim again. This gauntlet was supposed to be that but instead it's been predictable

Camilla beating Tharja was unexpected for me. I actually joined Camilla's team thinking that she'd lose. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

If Camilla wins then just proves how flaw the multiplier is. Im still not sure why 500 million means it's an even score?

Current projections put Team Lyn 300 million points behind at the end of the round. The catch is that Team Lyn scored 400 million points more per hour during her two multiplier hours (after dividing out the multiplier itself) than during non-multiplier hours, meaning it's entirely possible to make up a 300-million-point deficit if the team rallies (even considering that Team Camilla will probably also be rallying at the same time).

Edited by Ice Dragon

I know I said that I kinda want Camilla to win it all because she's the one I like out of the three and also it'd be hilarious but I wouldn't mind if Lyn won.

I still have 405 flags for Cammy's multiplier, so bring it on :)

Btw...what do reckon the next gauntlet will be based on? I think it might be Hoshido vs Nohr, or maybe class specific?

7 minutes ago, Lau said:

Btw...what do reckon the next gauntlet will be based on? I think it might be Hoshido vs Nohr, or maybe class specific?

I would like to see a gauntlet with the theme being early game promoted units that are used to help you along. Gunter, Jagen, Felicia, Jakob, Seth, Titania, Fredrick and someone else.

32 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ahem. There are 1,510 flags that Team Lyn should have that couldn't possibly have been used in round 1.

Even if players have been spending throughout the round, there should still be plenty left over from hoarders to make up the 300-million-point deficit considering that (1) Team Lyn averages 200 million points per hour without the multiplier and (2) Team Lyn averaged nearly 600 million points per hour after dividing out the multiplier during her two multiplier hours (and both of her multiplier hours were in the middle of the night for North America). Team Lyn can easily pull 400 million points from out their asses.

Well, looks like my fear was unfounded. However, some Lyns may choose to not spend flags without a multiplier...

Let's hope you're right and I'm wrong!

It looks like Team Lyn's actually been letting off the gas for the past two or three hours with her gain from the previous hour at only 147 million points. Even if it remains steady at this value and doesn't keep decreasing, we could easily get a repeat of the last few hours of Tharja v. Camilla where the score only slowly inches towards the multiplier threshold, threatening a last-hour multiplier.

If Team Camilla manages a second-to-last-hour multiplier, though, and overshoots into Team Lyn multiplier range (which is totally possible), it's all over for Team Camilla. If Team Camilla doesn't overshoot or gets a last-hour multiplier instead, it's a win for Team Camilla.

But at this point, it's literally anyone's game.

EDIT: I'll be watching from the sidelines because I have plans for the rest of the day, but that's arguably the best strategy for Team Lyn at this point. Let off the gas and don't let Team Camilla get another multiplier.

Edited by Ice Dragon

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If Team Camilla manages a second-to-last-hour multiplier, though, and overshoots into Team Lyn multiplier range (which is totally possible), it's all over for Team Camilla.

Seeing Camilla make a Mist-ake like that will be so satisfying...

31 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

EDIT: I'll be watching from the sidelines because I have plans for the rest of the day, but that's arguably the best strategy for Team Lyn at this point. Let off the gas and don't let Team Camilla get another multiplier.

Shhh

Team Lyn has to play as often as possible to keep their cumulative ranks not in the dumps. *rubs hands together*

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

y'all trippin

the multiplier is fine for me because i get feathers :^) only thing that matters

Get ur butt outta here! Give me those dirty feathers!

1 hour ago, UNLEASH IT said:

Camilla beating Tharja was unexpected for me. I actually joined Camilla's team thinking that she'd lose. 

At least u guys had certain ambiguous

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Current projections put Team Lyn 300 million points behind at the end of the round. The catch is that Team Lyn scored 400 million points more per hour during her two multiplier hours (after dividing out the multiplier itself) than during non-multiplier hours, meaning it's entirely possible to make up a 300-million-point deficit if the team rallies (even considering that Team Camilla will probably also be rallying at the same time).

I still still think Lyn will win regardless , but if Camilla does win then something needs to change about this 

Gauntlet 

Anyone on team Ike with a strong blue/green lead unit? I'm tired of getting teams of three Ike's and having to face the likes of Triangle Adept Swordbreaker Nowi.

ID: 4044461686

My lead is Brave Lyn, default skill set except she has Brave Bow+ and Draw Back. Hardy Bearing seal equipped, can change Atk Smoke to Hone Cavalry if needed. I hope she's useful in the gauntlet.

7 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

Anyone on team Ike with a strong blue/green lead unit? I'm tired of getting teams of three Ike's and having to face the likes of Triangle Adept Swordbreaker Nowi.

ID: 4044461686

My lead is Brave Lyn, default skill set except she has Brave Bow+ and Draw Back. Hardy Bearing seal equipped, can change Atk Smoke to Hone Cavalry if needed. I hope she's useful in the gauntlet.

I sent you a request. My current leader is my +4 Soren (+res, -def) running gronblade+ and desperation. If you'd rather have Ephraim (+atk, -hp) with quick riposte I can change. Or I guess I could switch to Brave Ike (+atk, -res) who is running the default set but with Ignis (though I can switch it for bonfire, I'm currently figuring out which works best).

Also sob with Soren, +res -def is the best IV I've gotten for him despite pulling 6 of him. He loves to come home but not with any atk/spd boon. As soon as I get 20k feathers he'll be +5 and I'll be halfway there, but that won't be until after the gauntlet.

2 minutes ago, Eleanore said:

I sent you a request. My current leader is my +4 Soren (+res, -def) running gronblade+ and desperation. If you'd rather have Ephraim (+atk, -hp) with quick riposte I can change. Or I guess I could switch to Brave Ike (+atk, -res) who is running the default set but with Ignis (though I can switch it for bonfire, I'm currently figuring out which works best).

Also sob with Soren, +res -def is the best IV I've gotten for him despite pulling 6 of him. He loves to come home but not with any atk/spd boon. As soon as I get 20k feathers he'll be +5 and I'll be halfway there, but that won't be until after the gauntlet.

Thanks! I've only ever pulled two Sorens in my life, and neither of them had good IVs at 4 star so I've refrained from promoting him. (However I've kept one around as a good luck charm since I didn't pull Brave Ike yet...) I'll switch Ike's Threaten Defense to Hone Speed so Soren can make more use of his Bladetome. Appreciate it.

4 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

Thanks! I've only ever pulled two Sorens in my life, and neither of them had good IVs at 4 star so I've refrained from promoting him. (However I've kept one around as a good luck charm since I didn't pull Brave Ike yet...) I'll switch Ike's Threaten Defense to Hone Speed so Soren can make more use of his Bladetome. Appreciate it.

np, getting Lyn would help because while my friendlist is nice enough to give me good blue units, I never get any ranged ones and I keep getting that annoying castle map from FE1 based on where you recruit Maria. 

12 minutes ago, Eleanore said:

Both of my Sorens were +Def, one -Atk, one -Res.

Hector's got the multiplier.  Once this hour is up, we'll have a better idea of how the rest of the match will go.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Hector's got the multiplier.  Once this hour is up, we'll have a better idea of how the rest of the match will go.

Yeah, but I think Ike is safe now! We have flags stored up in case they might be needed.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but I think Ike is safe now! We have flags stored up in case they might be needed.

I don't think Hector has the numbers to overshoot, if he does somehow, it might get a bit crazy, but if he just pulls ahead, we'll see how much we have to catch up.  I used a few flags just to make sure the multiplier didn't happen too late, but I still have like 1400, just in case we need them.

1 minute ago, Motendra said:

And the reference is lost on me.

8 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Okay this is hilarious. XD

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I don't think Hector has the numbers to overshoot, if he does somehow, it might get a bit crazy, but if he just pulls ahead, we'll see how much we have to catch up.  I used a few flags just to make sure the multiplier didn't happen too late, but I still have like 1400, just in case we need them.

Yeah, it could depend on if Hector overshoots or not. But yeah, I kinda don't think he will. I have 2,200 flags. I wanted some for the finals too.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Okay this is hilarious. XD

Yeah, it could depend on if Hector overshoots or not. But yeah, I kinda don't think he will. I have 2,200 flags. I wanted some for the finals too.

I imagine I'll have enough for any multipliers I might get in the finals, but we have to get to the finals first.  I've only used half of the total flags we've gotten so far, between the two rounds.  I want to say I used like 600 in the first round.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I imagine I'll have enough for any multipliers I might get in the finals, but we have to get to the finals first.  I've only used half of the total flags we've gotten so far, between the two rounds.  I want to say I used like 600 in the first round.

Yeah, same here, pretty much. I used 100 flags just now to try preventing a Hector overshoot though. Because if he did, it could throw a monkey wrench into things. Ike would get a multiplier, but he'd surely overshoot due to team size.