Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We managed to avoid overshooting!

Ike has to catch up 700 million points in 7 hours if he wants to win, so 100 million per hour. Looks like he's expected to do more like 85 million per hour, but he could speed things up.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

Ike has to catch up 700 million points in 7 hours if he wants to win, so 100 million per hour. Looks like he's expected to do more like 85 million per hour, but he could speed things up.

NOOOOO... Come on, my comrades in Ikes, spend those flags!

According to the predictions Ike will still win, but with a way smaller margin than was said before. Considering that not in the know people will probably panic and spam flags, I don't think there is much risk of Ike not catching up again. Though it's good of Team Hector to make us sweat a bit.

...Lyn on the other hand, it's looking worse and worse. At this point I think the only way she can win is if Team Lyn holds back so the multiplier never activates (it's already been pushed back two hours) or if Team Camilla overshoots and give Lyn a multiplier. So please, please let one of these happen.

Okay, Team Ike, spend your Flags now.  We're too close to the end to give Hector another multiplier, but we need to step it up or Hector is on pace to win.

1 minute ago, Eleanore said:

According to the predictions Ike will still win, but with a way smaller margin than was said before. Considering that not in the know people will probably panic and spam flags, I don't think there is much risk of Ike not catching up again. Though it's good of Team Hector to make us sweat a bit.

Which tracker are you using?  The one on Reddit currently has Hector on pace to win.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

Pretty sure you guys are still screwed. Ike has always gotten more than 100 million per hour and I don't see why that would change now.

1 minute ago, Lemmy said:

I hope you saved you flags team Ike, now is the time to spend them

Yes, but don't spend too many! We'll still need to keep some stockpiled in the event of a Lyn win!

Lyn will need to slow down a lot more to stop Camilla from getting the multiplier. She may have better odds from letting Camilla get it in the second-to-last hour and hoping for an overshoot, though. Trying to push it back all the way but coming just short and letting Camilla get the multiplier in the last hour would be game over.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Okay, Team Ike, spend your Flags now.  We're too close to the end to give Hector another multiplier, but we need to step it up or Hector is on pace to win.

Which tracker are you using?  The one on Reddit currently has Hector on pace to win.

I am using the reddit one. You're not looking at the final results on the green bar at the bottom. It's showing right now that starting with the last hour Ike will be behind with 39 mil points, but before polling closes and votes are counted an hour later he'll be ahead with 46mil. In other words, it's still really close regardless.

Lyn has been placed in a classic prisoners dilemma scenario.

If they spend flags, they gain feathers from improving their ranks, BUT they have to not spend flags to get the overall win and a place in the finals.

Lyn or Camilla: who has more self-control?

3 minutes ago, Eleanore said:

I am using the reddit one. You're not looking at the final results on the green bar at the bottom. It's showing right now that starting with the last hour Ike will be behind with 39 mil points, but before polling closes and votes are counted an hour later he'll be ahead with 46mil. In other words, it's still really close regardless.

This is the reddit one I'm looking at, which has Hector still beating Ike by 138M at poll close.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U6g9SomUR-P0bbSb9rIC1f604SiCrD1E2MkD03i1fzc/htmlview#

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Pretty sure you guys are still screwed. Ike has always gotten more than 100 million per hour and I don't see why that would change now.

He's scored over 100 million per hour, but Hector is also getting points, and the amount more than Hector that Ike scores in an hour has tended to be less than 100 million lately.

2 minutes ago, Eleanore said:

Have you refreshed recently? That tracker shows an ending Hector win for me. It's narrow, though.

TEM1xvs.png

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

This is the reddit one I'm looking at, which has Hector still beating Ike by 138M at poll close.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U6g9SomUR-P0bbSb9rIC1f604SiCrD1E2MkD03i1fzc/htmlview#

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Have you refreshed recently? That tracker shows an ending Hector win for me. It's narrow, though.

...I am an idiot that forgot to refresh, or I think I did it on the dot and it hadn't updated the last hour yet. Ignore everything I said.

It's strange that refreshing is necessary: I'm used to Google Docs updating automatically. But yeah there can be a bit of lag before the hour's updates get fully handled.

...What? It should not be possible for Hector to win this now. Ike has plenty of time to catch up and typically surpasses him in a few hours.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...What? It should not be possible for Hector to win this now. Ike has plenty of time to catch up and typically surpasses him in a few hours.

Maybe he's spending flags just as quickly as we are?! Th-this cannot be!

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

I don't normally resort to Mangs Memes but times are desperate.

Defeat Ike! Rebel against boring popularity contests! We can then take victor with neither 3DS nor Smash Bros representation. For Lycia!

Except Lyn is in Smash as an assist trophy...

1 minute ago, The_antithesis said:

Maybe he's spending flags just as quickly as we are?! Th-this cannot be!

Team Hector should be low on flags after the Chrom battle and all those multipliers tho.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

He's scored over 100 million per hour, but Hector is also getting points, and the amount more than Hector that Ike scores in an hour has tended to be less than 100 million lately.

OK, I admit that I wasn't looking at it from that angle. My mistake. But even on that front, Ike has more often than not outgained Hector by at least 85 million though it's usually been by more than 90 million. Combine that with people on Team Ike spending flags in a panic, and I still don't think there's enough time left for Hector to hold on.