42 members have voted

1. 1. who is the best by far?

• Seth
    • Franz
    • Forde
    • Kyle
    • Amelia
    • Orson (CC only)

It just so happens that I accidentally made it so that my game cartridge releases a potent knockout gas when it's shut off mid game while I was trying to fix it. My bad.

:lol:

Okay. This is getting a bit ridiculous.

A boss isn't a boss if you can one-round it. :D

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reward of getting S-rank is internal. It was a challenge to do, and so accomplishing the challenge means you get bragging rights.

However, internal rewards come in many different flavors. Some people get more out of the game by using the most difficult units to raise that end up turning out pretty damn awesome, like Nino or Ewan or Mist.

However, internal rewards come in many different flavors. Some people get more out of the game by using the most difficult units to raise that end up turning out pretty damn awesome, like Nino or Ewan or Mist.

Ewan never turns out awesome, though. And Mist is easy to use with all her Staves. :/

My point is that beating the chapter in fewer turns means nothing in this game. That obviously means that is a better character if they can do that, but that doesn't give you any reason to actually do it since speed doesn't matter in this game.

In that light, nothing matters, so Franz's better stats in the endgame do not matter either. All characters are equal, since there are no rankings.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Ewan never turns out awesome, though. And Mist is easy to use with all her Staves. :/

He does if you get him up there. Not awesome, but pretty good.

In that light, nothing matters, so Franz's better stats in the endgame do not matter either. All characters are equal, since there are no rankings.

Works for me.

But that's boring. I'd rather not live in a world where Knoll is equally as good as Franz...

I'd like to live in a world where knoll outstrips seth by far but it's not happening anytime soon

But that's boring. I'd rather not live in a world where Knoll is equally as good as Franz...

I wasn't exaggerating. Knoll is awesome, one of the best characters in the game.

^The above statement is totally the opposite of how I feel.

Some characters are better than others, obviously. I still feel you guys didn't catch my initial point. That might be my fault, I'm not really sure.

Ewan does indeed turn out awesome.

Max level average magic power and speed (the two most important stats for mages throughout the FE franchise), and Luck which is always an X-factor for any unit:

Artur: 25.5 magic power as sage (25 is the max for bishops which he gets easily should you make him one), speed is 22.8 for both. Luck is a measly 11.25.

Lute: 30 Magic as sage (max), 24.1 speed, 25.1 luck.

Natasha: 25 Magic (max for both classes), 24.2 speed as Bishop, 23.2 speed as Valkyrie, 28.8 luck.

Moulder: 20.4 magic as Bishop, 19.4 as Sage, 23.4 speed, 8.2 luck. (I realize Moulder is the exception to the rule because his defense is rockin' and his HP is godly.)

L'Arachel: 25 Magic (cap of both classes), 25 speed (cap of both classes), 30 luck (cap)

Saleh: 21.7 magic, 21.6 speed, 18.6 luck

Knoll: 26.5 magic (either class), 21.15 speed, 5.8 luck

Ewan: Minimum is 24 as a cap of the Mage Knight class, max is the 27.15 of Super Trainee (otherwise, 26.15 as either dark magic class). Speed is at worst 22.45 as super trainee and at best, 25.45 as druid/summoner. Luck is 28.5.

So it looks like he's tied for second best in magic strength (higher caps are fun), best in speed, and second best in luck. Enemies have pathetic magic resistances so he'll be obliterating things as well if not better than most your other magic people.

The whole question was about potential here and Ewan has an awful lot of it. Plus he has supports with other fantastic units.

ALSO ALSO

Mist is horrendously difficult to raise up without the use of bonus experience, as are every pure staff user ever. If you're strategy is to run guys ahead recklessly and let them take on 8 enemies at a time, they never get any use because you can't run them ahead effectively due to the fact they die in a hit or two and will be left exposed, and if you erect defensive formations like I do, you rarely have damaged units to heal in the first place, or aren't anywhere near them because you can't heal and them move afterwards.

Edited by sandmanccl

Ewan, level 10/20/5 Mage Knight w/ Thunder

HP: 36

Atk: 27

Hit: 120%

Crt: 12%

AS: 18

Def: 8

Res: 9

Avoid: 46%

Dodge: 21%

Moulder, level 20/10 Sage w/ Elfire

HP: 42

Atk: 30

Hit: 148%

Crt: lol

AS: 19

Def: 17

Res: 20

Avoid: 61%

Dodge: 6%

Vanessa A, Colm B

Lute, level 20/10 Mage Knight w/ Thunder

HP: 33

Atk: 36

Hit: 145%

Crt: 14%

AS: 20

Def: 14

Res: 23

Avoid: 76%

Dodge: 21

Artur A, Vanessa B

Artur, level 20/10 Bishop w/ Whateverhefeelslike

HP: 37

Atk: kills everything

Hit: always hits

Crt: lolwut

AS: 19

Def: 13

Res: 27

Avoid: 65%

Dodge: 9

Lute A, Tethys B

Looks like everyone is still beating Ewan by end-game.

Edited by Swordsalmon

I find it funny how you neglected to allow Ewan any supports at all.

Dozla and Amelia suck, Tethys has Gerik A, Artur B, Saleh sucks half the time, and Ross has Garcia A, Gerik B.

I hope you can predict what I have to say to all that.

That anything I say isn't counted for because you cater only to alcoholic, drug-dealing, deaf squirrels? :o

Edited by Swordsalmon

That anything I say isn't counted for because you cater only to alcoholic, drug-dealing, deaf squirrels? :o

Uuum, that would actually be me that does that. Those squirrels are actually nice people.

Anyway, Seth is grand, no doubt about it.

I hope you can predict what I have to say to all that.

Yeah, you're going to say he's assuming. You're also going to neglect to prove him wrong. You most definitely will not give any reason for the other supports to be used. You won't argue against his point. You'll just throw out his point and then claim he's throwing out yours. :P

Yeah, you're going to say he's assuming. You're also going to neglect to prove him wrong. You most definitely will not give any reason for the other supports to be used. You won't argue against his point. You'll just throw out his point and then claim he's throwing out yours. :P

And I won't do any of that because I've done it before and it meant nothing to any of you. Ignored, tossed aside, moved on. :(

And I won't do any of that because I've done it before and it meant nothing to any of you. Ignored, tossed aside, moved on. :(

You're doing it again. Maybe you don't understand this. I would REALLY like you guys to argue and prove this. Why do you think I spend so much of my time sitting around here, compromising and pandering left and right in order to get people to maybe consider what we do here, when I could easily do this with no hassle somewhere else? You think I want your arguments to be invalid? Do you think it's fun for me to poke holes in an argument that can support itself about as well as a playing card tower in a tornado? I really try to listen to what you guys say. But the thing is, when someone makes an assumption, usually you just say "That's an assumption, you suck.", you don't challenge it. If you do challenge it, you wait until the other person makes a point then say "See, you're not accepting my side of things."

You're doing it again. Maybe you don't understand this. I would REALLY like you guys to argue and prove this. Why do you think I spend so much of my time sitting around here, compromising and pandering left and right in order to get people to maybe consider what we do here, when I could easily do this with no hassle somewhere else? You think I want your arguments to be invalid? Do you think it's fun for me to poke holes in an argument that can support itself about as well as a playing card tower in a tornado? I really try to listen to what you guys say. But the thing is, when someone makes an assumption, usually you just say "That's an assumption, you suck.", you don't challenge it. If you do challenge it, you wait until the other person makes a point then say "See, you're not accepting my side of things."

I might have seen what you meant here if it weren't for my "debates" with Reikken. I can't explain how they're different, but it's felt a lot easier debating with him than with anyone else who debates. This leads me to believe I'm not the whole problem. I'm beginning to think we just don't agree on how things should be played out at all.