Greetings from a recent fan.

The Unlikely Knight

Hello everyone. They call me The Unlikely Knight.

Here's a bit about myself. Like a lot of people, I was introduced to the Fire Emblem series thanks to Super Smash Bros. Melee. I always enjoyed playing as Roy, but never played any of the FE games that released over the years.

This has begun to change thanks to Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. While I picked up Awakening and Sacred Stones a year before Echoes, both games ended up being set aside. Echoes, however, was a game that caught my eye right away, and was a very hard game for me to put down. Finishing the game gave me the encouragement to keep going with the series, and slowly I'm making my way through the other games, and am finding this series to be a fast new favorite of mine!

Anyway, I found out about this site, and thought I'd join. I'm a big fan of RPGs and fighting games, with my favorite RPG series being Dragon Quest and Etrian Odyssey. I love music of all kinds too.

I'm looking forward to discussing the Fire Emblem games, characters, and everything in between with everyone else!

(Oh, and as for my user name: I've always liked using knight like characters in games thanks to them being strong attackers or defenders, depending on the game. Basically I like characters who can tank one way or another!)

Edited by The Unlikely Knight

Welcome, this is a fun place for FE fans so I hope you enjoy your time here.   Who is your favorite character in SOV?  Mine is Lucas with Saber being next.  If you haven't tried Heroes yet this week is a great time to do so since you get a free 5* unit, plus it lets you see units from many different games and give you an idea what they are like.

Boy, that's a good question! I found myself liking a lot of the characters in SoV, but if I had to pick a single favorite...Jesse. I liked his cheerful personality and his willingness to help. It's especially funny when he tries to hit on the ladies (such as Silque in one of the Memory Prisms) yet can't get anywhere. He was also great in battle, having some very good stat gains in my first playthrough.

On 9/2/2017 at 4:27 AM, Ycine said:

Welcome to the Forest, The Unlikely Knight!

You told us about RPGs but what about your favorite Fighting Games?

Have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

For fighters, my favorites would be the King of Fighters series, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, and Guilty Gear. Oh, and Smash Bros. I know some wouldn't classify it as a fighting game, but I've always thought of it as one.

I'm no pro player, but I'd say I'm decent at playing these games against others. My friends hate fighting me in Smash Bros. since I usually win!

what up

kof is great. last blade is a decent fighting game in that era too, if you haven't tried it already. what's your opinion on the new gen fighting games like injustice, sf v and mk x

and last but not least, how many points have you choked

8 hours ago, buttmuncher.ops said:

what up

kof is great. last blade is a decent fighting game in that era too, if you haven't tried it already. what's your opinion on the new gen fighting games like injustice, sf v and mk x

and last but not least, how many points have you choked

I'm not that big a fan of Netherrealm fighting games, so stuff like Mortal Kombat X and Injustice doesn't interest me. Though hearing Hellboy and Black Mantra are coming to Injustice 2 has me interested.

Street Fighter V I find fun, but man that game had a rocky launch. I really hope we'll see some more Street Fighter III era characters. I'd love to have Q back.

And for your last question, I've done that plenty that I've lost count! With each new FE game I play the number just keeps on rising! XD

Edited by The Unlikely Knight

9 hours ago, The Unlikely Knight said:

For fighters, my favorites would be the King of Fighters series, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, and Guilty Gear. Oh, and Smash Bros. I know some wouldn't classify it as a fighting game, but I've always thought of it as one.

I didn't expect to see Tatsunoko vs Capcom listed. I never had the chance to play it but I always hear good thing about it. Anyway, thank you for your answer.