• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i may write appreciation for him later but since im kim those kinds of posts always get out of hand really quickly (deadass i have written a 4000-word appreciation post once wtf is wrong with me) lmao, i will try to keep it short though

Edited by bling
stan hitori

Seventeen.jpg

[12/28/17, 1:42:37 AM] merry birthday: im biased as fuk but my boy wore his jacket extremely well
[12/28/17, 1:42:56 AM] Damian: yea u right
[12/28/17, 1:43:07 AM] merry birthday: what
[12/28/17, 1:43:14 AM] Damian: @
[12/28/17, 1:43:15 AM] Damian: ur boy
[12/28/17, 1:43:18 AM] merry birthday: no

it has been a year but i still sometimes have difficulty openly complimenting shua tbh

Edited by bling
stan honeyworks

a short appreciation post: 

Spoiler
  1. this is really hard to begin because how do u even start talking about why you love someone when u love everything about them
  2. but my very first encounter w shua was the adore u acoustic version. seventeen debuted around the same time i got into kpop and i didn't like them lmao but i felt obligated to listen to them anyway. i didn't like any of their debut songs except 20, which shua was in, and i remember really liking his voice!! anyway i remember watching the adore u acoustic and being impressed bc i liked it despite disliking the original and then i saw that it was arranged by joshua. he had a really pretty smile in the mv but i didn't really think anything of it bc i literally never expected that i would one day be stanning seventeen
  3. i love seeing him play guitar and create acoustic arrangements, his arrangement of nu'est's overcome was beautiful and his performance during vocal team's cover of aju nice was perfect ahhh
  4. before seventeen debuted he composed really stupid songs on his guitar, including one about pizza and one about chocolate, because hes stupid
  5. his voice suits acoustic arranges really well but i rly actually love his voice no matter what, it's super soothing and soft and sweet and relaxing to listen to. thats absolutely perfect for ballads but even in upbeat songs like chuck or boom boom the contrast is my favourite. beautiful is one of my favourite seventeen songs almost solely because of the number of lines joshua got
  6. i love his fashion style so much. since i noticed that he wore a lot of brands that i like (have a good time, black hoody, luvistrue, adererror, etc) i once did a fashion analysis on him and it was rly fun. hes always wearing collared long-sleeved button-up shirts with light blue pinstripes and small black backpacks and paw-sleeve sweaters and everything he wears looks soft like him
  7. he's far from seventeens best dancer but i always really enjoy watching his fancams anyway because he clearly enjoys performing. the idol life is so tedious, what with practicing and performing the same choreographies every day, but he always puts his all into every performance and seeing him smile makes me smile too
  8. he is so KIND ahhhh i can't believe i waited until #8 to mention this bc it is definitely my number one favourite thing about him. the other members are always talking about how well he takes care of them and how considerate he is and he has admitted that he has a difficult time saying no. it has helped me become a better person bc every time i hesitate to do good i am like "this is something joshua would do" and then i do it and then people are happy and then i am happy
  9. he also thinks of himself as a calm person and he never really gets angry ;-; i remember seventeen was on a reality show once and vocal team did their own thing in a different room and the other members were all in the big living room and they were like "dude i think they forgot u lmao" and he just walked in on vocal team strumming on his guitar really sadly it was my favourite
  10. when seventeen was venting at the unit leaders on yang and nam show joshua revealed that woozi once took out the other vocal team members to eat beef together but they forgot joshua AGAIN rip joshua is always being forgotten by vocal team. but he wasn't really angry about it more upset and still he talked about it jokingly which i really thought was cool of him
  11. day6's jae was once asked who his seventeen bias was and he picked joshua and said that joshua was super humble, a trait admirable at the level of fame seventeen has achieved. jae is really down-to-earth and also straightforward so the fact that he actually said that makes me rly supertrust shua's humility
  12. despite bein calm and kind however he's also a big dummy goon. he's always pindropping and yelling random english gibberish at totally unnecessary times and making stupid meme faces and he's just really funny in general tbh. he's not a variety genius like seungkwan but his natural sense of humor is very fun
  13. speaking of which, his freestyle rapping is the stupidest thing i've ever heard ever but i love it so much
  14. this is really small but on ofd season 1 he was sorted into unable-to-cook team and then on season 2 a year-and-a-half later he cooked a meal for the members almost by himself. character development
  15. his relationship with the other members is so cute. the most obvious one is his friendship w jeonghan; they joined the company at the same time and became fast friends, mostly bc jeonghan was incapable of befriending anyone else and basically just followed joshua around all day. they understand each other really well and are clearly very close so im grateful for jeonghan
  16. his friendship with vernon is my favourite though. since vernon is the most familiar with american of the members joshua seems much more comfortable with him. i remember on a recent episode of going seventeen they were in the hotel room together listening to american music and speaking english to each other and joshua was the wildest ive ever seen him lmao. maybe their first meeting was awkward (joshua didn't really know korean well so he was relieved when he saw vernon at pledis and he immediately started speaking english to him but we all know how well vernon spoke english at the time rip) but now joshua seems super comfy in his presence and it makes me happy
  17. no one rly ships them together tbh but i really like his relationship w hoshi bc it's so in-the-background, joshua doesn't hang out w hoshi like he does jeonghan and vernon and hoshi doesn't hang out w joshua like he does woozi and dino but when they are together they're dumb together and from the way shua clung to hoshi after boom boom's first win + the way they gooned around together during pretty u era + the very recent birthday photo of joshua holding the cake and hoshi hugging him u can tell theyre fairly close
  18. his love for anime and aliens is adorable, i passed my anime phase many years ago but joshua is really tempting me to slip back in lmao
  19. visual appreciation: he has great proportions!! cute eyebrows!! really cute moles on his cheek that are unfortunately concealed by makeup most of the time!! catlike eyes!! catlike smile!! aegyo sal for days!! parallel double eyelids!! defined adam's apple!! ears that stick out adorably!! gentle-looking hands!! i could go on forever!!!!! he's not the final boss of visuals in kpop for me but i really think he's cute (funny enough the actual final boss of visuals to me is oh my girl's binnie, and she's often noted to resemble joshua. i don't see it at all but i think it's funny because the prettiest kpop girl imo apparently resembles the prettiest kpop boy imo)
  20. he stans red velvet and exo, i love an intellectual

omg i've just realized joshua and v are not only born on the same day but in the same year as well

EVEN THO THEY'RE NOT IN THE SAME GROUP THIS IS STILL TWO TIMES THE FUN

5 hours ago, Hashuni Mei said:

omg i've just realized joshua and v are not only born on the same day but in the same year as well

EVEN THO THEY'RE NOT IN THE SAME GROUP THIS IS STILL TWO TIMES THE FUN

what the heckers what's with me and '95s

actually I think I had a trend that might have been more consistent than '95s but I can't remember

or maybe it really was just '95s and I'm just not remembering

because I know jeonghan was also born 1995 and I really like him too

I guess this means I'm into younger men sorry Integrity

Edited by Freohr Datia

sigh i really want to spread positivity as long as shua’s birthday is happening but what the heck?? source music really thought selling body pillows of the gfriend members was a good idea??? that’s honestly disgusting and it’s even more disgusting that it took outrage from fans and the public for them to realize, oh, hey, they probably shouldn’t be objectifying these young girls and putting them on body pillows to sell!!!! i don’t superstan gfriend but i used to be a fan and have watched lots of their variety shows; all the girls are humble and hardworking and kind and lovely (yuju and umji strike me as particularly thoughtful and considerate) and i’m really upset that source music did this

Edited by bling
stan honeyworks

ok yeah that is upsetting to see, I hope that kind of stuff doesn't become a huge thing

but hey that's the best part about celebrating kpop birthdays is you can celebrate it in both their timezone and your own timezone \o/ extra long birthday party!!!