THE CHILL ROOM: come on in & share your original/ fan concepts with me!

Chad Radwell

I was gonna make a personal art thread, but after a conversation that happened in the Unpopular Opinions thread over in General FE, I decided it would be more fun to do things a little bit differently. So, welcome to my "Chill Room" thread! Here's a place where we can just kind of toss around & chat about ideas for fan content (or, hey, if you're feeling it, original content too.) if you want feedback on a smaller idea and don't feel making a whole thread for it, come on in and throw it at me! We can have a cool time together.

Something I've been slowly working at is a personal RPGmaker project that involves criminals being pardoned if they participate in a RPDR-style reality competition. I've also been developing this paper doll-esque art style, which I only have one example of but will toss in the box below. Thing is, I'm actually considering revamping them into FE OCs instead? Or at least giving them an AU as such. If I do that, I'll be back with more art to ask you guys what classes they ought to be for sure :)

Warning: enormous images in spoilers

Spoiler

IMG_0211.thumb.JPG.1f14a7316cfb20099ac3fdca3fd17537.JPG

This is Beneventi! She has a filthy mouth and claims to be able to tell fortunes by reading shadows. She also loves dancing and "bros". Actually who doesn't love bros?

blank edition for easy recolouring purposes:

IMG_0210.thumb.JPG.b9bcdff557b70483b74cf0df8a345ddf.JPG

Anyone got anything in progress they'd like to share ideas for or get feedback on? For sure I would love to see everyone's OCs if they have them. Link me to your personal threads, too, and I'll come drop in for a visit. 

Edited by Chad Radwell
The wtf factor.

...So, if by some odd chance you ever took a look at my personal art thread (which I'm no longer updating for practicality reasons), you'd know that I have a ton of class and OC art and even map designs for an original Fire Emblem story I'm working on, presented as a hypothetical game.

For this hypothetical game, I created two Lord OCs, Claudus (wields swords) and Carol (wields axes).  (The following reflects my planned changes to the story I currently have.)

Claudus is a prince of the small kingdom of Rema, whose father, Tarquin, overthrew its royal family before the events of the story and began to slowly build up the kingdom's military.  The story begins with Tarquin's passing and the ascension of Claudus's older half-brother Cato to the throne.  Cato wishes to fulfill his father's dream of a stronger Rema, and embarks on a ruthless campaign of expansion throughout the continent to create a powerful empire.  At first, Claudus helps him, but eventually turns against him after witnessing firsthand one of numerous horrific massacres perpetrated by the Reman army in the name of expansion.

Carol, meanwhile, lives in a small village in the neighboring country of Ferenca.  When Tarquin overthrew Rema's original royal family, he was able to kill all of them save for the queen's sister, who fled to Ferenca and was rescued by a bandit chieftain with whom she eventually fell in love and had Carol.  When the story begins, Carol's mother has died of illness, leaving Carol the one true heir of Rema.  Her bandit family, having reformed as a result of her mother's influence, has now formed a small village in Ferenca and lives in peace until it is suddenly destroyed one day by soldiers belonging to a corrupt noble in cahoots with Rema.  Determined to set things right, she embarks on a campaign of reconquest with Claudus's help in an effort to take her rightful place on Rema's throne and avenge her loved ones.

I have a blog in my signature where I have the beginning of an FE story, as well as stats, a couple supports, and all the playable characters' character descriptions. I don't think it'll ever be a real game, but I have the concept down.

Also, the art style you have for Beneventi is amazing. It reminds me of an old storybook.

Edited by Florina's #1 Fan