KT won't tell us how big the roster is.

Dragonage2ftw

9 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Between the leak and the pose, I just don't see how it could be anybody else but Caeda. Saying Azura could be there feels a bit like giving people false hope. Sorry if I came off a bit strongly; it just seemed like you backpedaled a bit to be considerate of people expecting Azura to be there... or something.

Sure, it seems pretty obvious, but again we have no idea what is on there. Have you actually seen the card yourself? No, no person has. No one has seen who is on there.

Im not trying to backpedal to appeal to the Azura fans, I am just saying there is a possiblity for either. That little image really hasnt confirmed anything. It made the chance of it being Caeda 10x higher, sure, but for all we know that is Nephenee. Say I am giving people false hope or denying things all you want, I will wait for the character on that card to be actually visible on that card before saying anything. I have seen way to many "leaks" or "reveals" go completely unexpected because people were so adamant that it was what they thought.

9 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

For all we know its fucking Shrek.

We heard it here first Shrek confirmed for FEW.

anyways, it's unsurprising that they would refuse to answer that question, then it would be way easier to figure out who we are getting based on who is left and who we need.

2 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Sure, it seems pretty obvious, but again we have no idea what is on there. Have you actually seen the card yourself? No, no person has. No one has seen who is on there.

Im not trying to backpedal to appeal to the Azura fans, I am just saying there is a possiblity for either. That little image really hasnt confirmed anything. It made the chance of it being Caeda 10x higher, sure, but for all we know that is Nephenee. Say I am giving people false hope or denying things all you want, I will wait for the character on that card to be actually visible on that card before saying anything. I have seen way to many "leaks" or "reveals" go completely unexpected because people were so adamant that it was what they thought.

That was my kneejerk reaction, but not anymore.

5 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Im just explaining myself here. Sorry if its coming off as overly antagonistic, its not meant to be.

I was the one who struck the antagonistic tone first, and I'm sorry for that. This shouldn't be so confrontational.

6 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

I was the one who struck the antagonistic tone first, and I'm sorry for that. This shouldn't be so confrontational.

Its all good. I probably shouldnt of commented on it right after dealing with some comments on the FE reddit. Going from the extremely antagonistic people over there to the much calmer people her tends to make me assume the worst.

After all, this is just a video game, and all we are debating is what character is on a sily overpriced paper card.

Edited by Tolvir

6 hours ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

The GameFAQ's community is a blessing to us all.

4 hours ago, Dandee Leone said:

Take that back, GFAQS is amazing. 

People aren't afraid to voice their opinions there, under the umbrella of anonymity. 

It's not totally worthless, I know that. You can get good useful information aplenty, and there are posts of meaningful criticism and positive praise- I myself have used it without joining for info, though I never dare contribute. Yet certain boards for certain games are quite acidic, and FE boards tend to be among them (things like EO and Kirby and DQ, not so much). SF is certainly better on curtailing the awful random crude repetitive hate, but that I guess is a natural advantage of a smaller franchise-centric website over one that covers all of gaming. You need fewer moderators for the fewer and less active boards and the result is superior modding and thus blocking of such bile, plus being a smaller site almost tautologically means fewer users.

People analyzing a single card to high heaven. What is this, Cipher? Persona? Baten Kaitos? Yugioh?

Chill. We'll know eventually, probably sooner than you think. If you don't mind potentially being burned, raise your hopes. If you do, keep them low. Whatever you prefer.

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's not totally worthless, I know that. You can get good useful information aplenty, and there are posts of meaningful criticism and positive praise- I myself have used it without joining for info, though I never dare contribute. Yet certain boards for certain games are quite acidic, and FE boards tend to be among them (things like EO and Kirby and DQ, not so much). SF is certainly better on curtailing the awful random crude repetitive hate, but that I guess is a natural advantage of a smaller franchise-centric website over one that covers all of gaming. You need fewer moderators for the fewer and less active boards and the result is superior modding and thus blocking of such bile, plus being a smaller site almost tautologically means fewer users.

People analyzing a single card to high heaven. What is this, Cipher? Persona? Baten Kaitos? Yugioh?

Chill. We'll know eventually, probably sooner than you think. If you don't mind potentially being burned, raise your hopes. If you do, keep them low. Whatever you prefer.

From personal experience I have to say gamefaqs is definitely the worst. Not that its terrible, but compared to the only other 2 I know of, the FE subreddit and Serenes, its definitely the worst. Part of that may have to do with the fact that its also not entirely dedicated to forums. For the longest time I only used it for what its name exactly is, game faqs and guides.

I think the FE subreddit is the worst besides gamefaqs. They can get pretty bad with the toxicity over there, and while they will never admit it, they have a very clear bias to the older games over the new. The things I have seen posted on there always manages to amaze me, between seeing people say that Gaiden was a better game than Shadows of Valentia, Fates map design being terrible, FE4 being the best game in the series, and Kaga being the ultimate FE developer and everything after him being shit. I think thats all I needed to decide there is a bit of a bias there. Luckily, for the most part most arent extremely toxic with it either. Outside of a few extreme examples I have never seen people absolutely trash someone for saying they like Fates. Though the downvote upvote system can cause some issues there.

Serenes, from my experience, is probably the best. And a lot has to do with the smaller community. We got, what? 1000-2000 people tops?

Edited by Tolvir

2 hours ago, Tolvir said:

People a few years ago were also extremely adamant we were getting a FFVII remake, when it turned out to just be another port. Until it is in concrete proof I am not fully confirming nor denying it. My comment was more of a "the idea of it being Caeda is a lot more likely now", not a "Caeda is confirmed to be on the card". Show me a picture of Caeda exactly on that card, and I will fully say that its Caeda on the card. Until then, we dont know.

For all we know its fucking Shrek.

Really dont know why you felt the need to correct me here.

Naw, man, it's Captain Falcon. He's a Fire Emblem character too, remember?

5 minutes ago, Florete said:

Naw, man, it's Captain Falcon. He's a Fire Emblem character too, remember?

Yeah, remember that scene in Awakening where he beat Chrom and was about to knock out Lucina, but Robin showed up? That was my favorite cutscene! Captain Falcon for Warriors!

Seriously though, that little trailer they did for Smash was cool.

Edited by Tolvir

8 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Yeah, remember that scene in Awakening where he beat Chrom and was about to knock out Lucina, but Robin showed up? That was my favorite cutscene! Captain Falcon for Warriors!

Seriously though, that little trailer they did for Smash was cool.

If Captain Falcon had been Fates' villain, it would have fixed all its problems.

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

If Captain Falcon had been Fates' villain, it would have fixed all its problems.

....Well you definitely arent wrong. I dont think Grima was all that bad of a villain, but they definitely really underplayed a lot. This is the dark dragon, the dragon that if we fail here causes a literal zombie apocalypse and destroys the world. But not a single time do you feel that there is anything actually at stake. But that is a topic for a different day.

Just now, Tolvir said:

....Well you definitely arent wrong. I dont think Grima was all that bad of a villain, but they definitely really underplayed a lot. This is the dark dragon, the dragon that if we fail here causes a literal zombie apocalypse and destroys the world. But not a single time do you feel that there is anything actually at stake. But that is a topic for a different day.

Why are you talking about Grima? I was talking about Fates...and I was joking.

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Why are you talking about Grima? I was talking about Fates...and I was joking.

Yeah I know it was a joke, I was just commenting back. I couldnt think of an actual joke to continue it. My brain is currently destroyed by command lines and messing with servers and routers all week, so I really cant be all that witty right now.

I kind of liked Anankos too. Similar situation to Grima, good villain, terrible writing and use of him.

Edited by Tolvir

2 hours ago, Tolvir said:

Good point made. Risen are pouring into the world since Chapter 2, but never is there a sense of Risen apocalypse. They feature not at all in an apocalyptic capacity in the Gangrel and Valm Arcs, you only get anything of a sense, a weak one, in the Grima Arc. Awakening is just too distracted and too lighthearted.

Future Past does provide some apocalyptic bleakness since it is when the apocalypse is nearly complete, but that is of course optional DLC, came long after the base game (so the developers had a long time to ruminate on it), and isn't in Chrom's world.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

That's enough bitching about other websites.  If you don't like a site, either don't participate or don't go there.  We have shared members between other fandoms, so if your opinion is that "(insert site) sucks", then keep it to yourself.

Edited by eclipse