So I just read up on how the sphere fragments work on this remake...

... And I really like/appreciate the changes, because

-It was extremely easy to break the game in the original by using the fragments properly. Among others, my Linde ended up being an invincible tank with every single stat capped.

-It was stressful micromanagement. Having to keep in mind which growth rates were improved or worsened by which fragment and deciding when it was time to switch them up between characters to optimize everything was just... not a fun time. Plus it made me use several fragment-carrying characters far more than others during chapters in order to squeeze the most benefit out of them, which also felt pretty constrictive. I remember actually thinking ''good riddance'' when I lost them to create the Lightsphere.

So, in short, I dig how they radically changed the way they work here. Just some small stat increases for whoever has them equipped. That's just fine by me.

For those of you guys who've played both versions of Mystery, which kind of sphere fragments did you prefer? 

Edited by Gaia093

It's certainly different from what it was in the original, although I can't say I like how high the characters' natural growths are now. It is pretty neat to be able to slightly break caps though.

Edited by X-Naut
oops had the wrong subforum in mind

I prefer FE 12's shards- Growth affecting items are kind of overkill, especially with the enemy levels of the original FE3.  I think they are real nice for hitting thresholds in lots of combat situations without being quite as overwhelming as forging is.