Jedi's proper thoughts on FE:W

Jedi

40 minutes ago, SavageVolug said:

If Fredrick could equip the Great Shield skill he would literally be a god. I'm talking about Great Shield as in from FE4 a skill that Generals had and it would negate ALL damage, not half, not based on what weapon was used, but ALL.

Yeah, well, it wouldn't be right to make someone that OP. xP

13 hours ago, Florete said:

Good read. I think I'm happier with the roster than most (4 of my top 5, including my top 3, are in), so I'm still pretty excited for the game.

How much shorter? About how many hours do you think it would take an average player to 100% the game?

Out of curiosity, what is your top 5? You don't have to answer if you don't want to.

4 hours ago, SavageVolug said:

If Fredrick could equip the Great Shield skill he would literally be a god. I'm talking about Great Shield as in from FE4 a skill that Generals had and it would negate ALL damage, not half, not based on what weapon was used, but ALL.

Okay? Fredrick isn't a general or baron in the class sense. (And FE4 has alot of Factors that limit that, need for pursuit and movement, powerful options like holy weapons) Also it's had the same effect past 4. (Tellius changed the activation rate to Skill% but then I think Tibarn appreciated that and Levels got more varied around then) Just seems a little odd to me is all. 

58 minutes ago, Florete said:

Anna, Lyn, Lucina, Micaiah, Tiki.

Oh yeah, close enough, only left to appear Micaiah... some day in the sequel.

I need my girl... Please Micaiah T-T

Edited by Troykv

6 hours ago, Gaia093 said:

Which difficulties are available from the get-go? All the way up to Lunatic or just Easy-Normal-Hard?

I played Hyrule Warriors on Hard first time and then Hero right as it was unlocked, because anything less and it'd have been a boring walk in the park. I plan on doing the same thing with FEW.

Just up to Hard, beating the story unlocks Lunatic.

also @Florete I'd say History Mode is a fair bit shorter but also takes more thought for the maps. However we don't have the DLC yet so we dno if we'll have more than the starting 5 History mode maps

Edited by Jedi

History Mode being shorter than Adventure Mode sounds bad if you just buy the base game. But with potential DLC, that sounds like a potential boon. Since I never got around to completing all 4 AM maps- I did more or less clear the first and MQ, unlocked much of TP and MM, but never did I fully clear them (partly because of that annoying damage ranking). HWL must have been worse, since you have an extra 5 maps to clear. I do like plentiful additional content, and to be fair I never 100% any other Warriors game, but yeah I can totally see it as being excessive, particularly whenever you needed to level grind to get unstuck (why did we need a 255 level cap?).

3 hours ago, Florete said:

Anna, Lyn, Lucina, Micaiah, Tiki.

I'd personally like Micaiah too. 

2 hours ago, Troykv said:

Oh yeah, close enough, only left to appear Micaiah... some day in the sequel.

I need my girl... Please Micaiah T-T

What supports would you two like to see? I think a Micaiah and Celica support would be interesting to see. The two are priestesses who are kind and selfless to a fault but they have differences in their political ideologies so exploring all this would be interesting as despite having many similarities, their philosophy of war is different. 

I'm glad to hear your opinion on the game is so positive.

I'm disappointed in the roster too, but a couple of my top picks made it in, so I can't feel too bad about it. I was more worried about the rest of the game. I can't really put my finger on it, but... something about the previews made me worry more and more that it was going to be a mediocre and half-hearted entry in the series. So it's good to see a Musou veteran telling me I'm wrong.

I have a question. How do the developers manage to fill the stages with interesting things to fight? The Samurai and Dynasty Warriors game(minus Jin) have lots of main characters for you to fight, Hyrule Warriors has more villains but also has giant bosses and monster officers like Moblins or flying lizards. 

This game has only three villains so how do they give you a varied diet of enemies and avoid setting you up against mostly generic officers? Are the officers styled after FE classes that unique to fight? Do they heavily push brainwashing to get you to fight named units or something else? 

23 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I have a question. How do the developers manage to fill the stages with interesting things to fight? The Samurai and Dynasty Warriors game(minus Jin) have lots of main characters for you to fight, Hyrule Warriors has more villains but also has giant bosses and monster officers like Moblins or flying lizards. 

This game has only three villains so how do they give you a varied diet of enemies and avoid setting you up against mostly generic officers? Are the officers styled after FE classes that unique to fight? Do they heavily push brainwashing to get you to fight named units or something else? 

From what I saw in streams, officers are mostly generics, but have a class.  So fighting a lancer officer is different from fighting a wyvern rider, mage or myrmidon.

46 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

You fight a number of the named units in the story mode through various means, and all of them in History Mode. 

Generics have all the classes of the game + some like Generals to send at you. Its how they use them that makes it interesting, such as a map where you fight Hinoka, she sends tons of Pegasus Knights to rush your main base through the shortcuts and you have to cut them off, while also being aware if you're using magic users, they won't be able to do much because of their high resistance etc.

I also found HW's Boss Monsters incredibly time consuming and clunky even with the most effective ways to fight them, they slow the pace down to a crawl. I wouldn't really call them a positive feature by almost any means.

Edited by Jedi

On 10/3/2017 at 3:41 PM, Elieson said:

Watching you play the game, it looked incredibly easy.

I mean incredibly almost hilariously easy

Have you tried Hard/Lunatic mode yet?

heck in older musou games the higher difficulties tended to be insanely difficult. like random arrow or 2 could spell instant death (like real life lol)
normal mode might of looked easier than usually because Jedi has a history playing musou games

A hat in time came out. and i finished that amazing game. but i wonder. after playing such a good game. Would it be a good idea to get fire emblem warriors over Mario Odyssey at this point?

Don't know if this should be it's own topic or not, but in terms of opinions, but an English guy living in Japan as an English teacher got the game in Japanese and actually did a review of it. His most notable among HW people for releasing the "Hyrule Warriors Legends  More than just a Port" review, and has done videos on characters and weapons for Hyrule Warriors and also videos on other Zelda games:

I mainly wanted to bring him up because he's not a fan of the Fire Emblem franchise unlike most of us and I thought it'd be interesting to see what a non-fan has to say about the game compared to Jedi, who is a fan of both franchises this game is crossing over with.

EDIT: There's also spoilers about the roster when he talks about it, and while he helpfully provides a point where those spoilers stop, I should probably note this.

Edited by Folt

15 hours ago, Folt said:

Don't know if this should be it's own topic or not, but in terms of opinions, but an English guy living in Japan as an English teacher got the game in Japanese and actually did a review of it. His most notable among HW people for releasing the "Hyrule Warriors Legends  More than just a Port" review, and has done videos on characters and weapons for Hyrule Warriors and also videos on other Zelda games:

I mainly wanted to bring him up because he's not a fan of the Fire Emblem franchise unlike most of us and I thought it'd be interesting to see what a non-fan has to say about the game compared to Jedi, who is a fan of both franchises this game is crossing over with.

EDIT: There's also spoilers about the roster when he talks about it, and while he helpfully provides a point where those spoilers stop, I should probably note this.

Its very well done, much more indepth than mine in some ways.