Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Of course, the "how big" and "how it's triggered" would require some number-crunching.  But I like the idea of rallying behind the numbers.

I wish I was good enough at the required branch of mathematics to figure that out.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

It's not thighs or anything for me. In fact, I hate female Corrin's open thighs. They seem so forced for the sake of it since every other part of her body sans her feet and face are covered. :/ But I still generally like female Corrin's design more.

And you're right, the multiplier is to give less popular characters a chance, which is fine, but then it kills the whole point of it being a VOTING gauntlet. Which is why I think the name should be changed.

I mean, you can like F Corrin's design more than M Corrin's it's just it annoys me when people say ''Oh yeah, I like her more than M Corrin cause she's hot'' I do agree with you about the thigh thing, M Corrin's thighs are covered why aren't her's

I mean I was so shocked when Camilla won her battle against Lyn, I thought for Lyn was gonna win even if the multipliers were active for Camilla. That'd be like Merric winning his battle against Robin back in the Mages gauntlet, people would have been super salty. I agree that it's not really a voting gauntlet though.

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

It'll give the numbers a chance to stabilize.

Or, give each team a set number of multipliers.  Once they're out, good luck.

No. 

That would be like going back to the curbstomps of the old gauntlets and those were not fun. The way it's designed now is to give underdogs a chance rather than "popular character" bullying the others and people just playing it too safe. 

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

The Nohrian armor is surprisingly unisex.  Take a really close look at male Corrin's thighs - you'll see the same hole, except covered by pants.

That's right, the difference between men and women is pants.  And I think that's dumb.

Eh at least there’s a more distinguishable design to them compared to the Robins who literally where the exact same clothes which I find pretty lame. I’m admittedly biased since I like legs in general but I appreciate the more masculine/feminine differentiation.

Just now, Lord-Zero said:

No. 

That would be like going back to the curbstomps of the old gauntlets and those were not fun. The way it's designed now is to give underdogs a chance rather than "popular character" bullying the others and people just playing it too safe. 

Depends on the condition, timing, and multiplier amount.  If implemented correctly, I think it would make things a lot more interesting.  Or at least, more interesting than "get the last multiplier and win".

Just now, Silent shifter said:

Why not make it like Splatoon's Splatfest, where it is heavily based to skills then number of supporters.

I may be wrong too.

as nice as that is... we only ever fight NPCs. so that kind of system wouldnt be fair since its ether the computer wins or loses.

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

The Nohrian armor is surprisingly unisex.  Take a really close look at male Corrin's thighs - you'll see the same hole, except covered by pants.

That's right, the difference between men and women is pants.  And I think that's dumb.

PIKA!

Of course, the "how big" and "how it's triggered" would require some number-crunching.  But I like the idea of rallying behind the numbers.

Funnily enough, Corrin XX's "damaged" pic doesn't feature any of the torn clothing all too common with most heroes.  Just an exposed arm and a ripped cape.

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

That would be like going back to the curbstomps of the old gauntlets and those were not fun.

It’s not fun when it isn’t fair. Lucina vs. everybody was fair. Camilla vs. everybody was fair. Even Tharja vs. everybody was sort of fair.

Gaius vs. Leo wasn’t. Camilla vs. Lyn wasn’t.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I sided with Sharena in the Lucina gauntlet and was fine with her losing. Hell, we actually put up a really good fight against the modern series mascot.

In the Camilla gauntlet I supported Minerva and also was fine with her losing because it was fair for Camilla to have a larger fanbase due to her coming from the recent game, for one.

The Tharja gauntlet is where it all started to go off the rails. She would have won anyway (I went with Julia, she didn’t reciprocate) but the multiplier brought the false sense of hope and tension.

Take the chance, IS/Nintendo/whoever. Dismantle the multiplier.

Oh I know not everyone who supported less popular characters got angry about it,  but we know the ones who did are what pushed for the multiplier implementation. For those people, I just find it funny the multiplier has only really served to bite them in the ass more than anything. It didn't manage to upset Tharja, caused Camilla to ironically upset Lyn (and even came close with Ike), and now Ninian's being trolled by a chicken.

I guess watching the mess caused by it can be entertaining in its own way.

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

PIKA!

Go Mogall! Be a literal multiplier and overwhelm that electric rodent! 

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

If Nohr is supposed to have a Roman influence, the men shouldn't be wearing pants.

1 minute ago, Silent shifter said:

Why not make it like Splatoon's Splatfest, where it is heavily based to skills then number of supporters.

I may be wrong too.

Splatoon is PvP, which wouldn't work at all with FE gameplay.

Just now, eclipse said:

Depends on the condition, timing, and multiplier amount.  If implemented correctly, I think it would make things a lot more interesting.  Or at least, more interesting than "get the last multiplier and win".

If anything, it rewards players for playing often. The whole "get the last multiplier" thing is completely affected by the players themselves. It's more of a strategic battle now instead of "popularity cruise control". 

1 minute ago, Silent shifter said:

I may be wrong too.

There is a chance of the issue with Splatoon's Splatfest would carry over here too: that more popular teams suffer more in terms of skills because they have the higher proportion of unskilled players.

Admittedly, it will be alleviated in the VG because there are 8 teams instead of 2, but really this is all just conjecture. There's no way to know unless it's implemented. It'll be better than the multiplier though.

It will also cause more mono-team rages, that's for sure. But those are kind of funny to see so I don't mind.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If Nohr is supposed to have a Roman influence, the men shouldn't be wearing pants.

Hans says hello!

5 minutes ago, BlazingMage said:

I mean, you can like F Corrin's design more than M Corrin's it's just it annoys me when people say ''Oh yeah, I like her more than M Corrin cause she's hot'' I do agree with you about the thigh thing, M Corrin's thighs are covered why aren't her's

Yeah, that is a bit annoying, honestly. And I don't know why female Corrin's thighs aren't covered...

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

If anything, it rewards players for playing often. The whole "get the last multiplier" thing is completely affected by the players themselves. It's more of a strategic battle now instead of "popularity cruise control". 

Not when the winner is determined by 'which way does the multiplier flip"?  It basically turns it into a coin flip, and that is unfun.

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I would hardly call the multiplier strategic when the majority of players are casual and don't know anything about multiplier mechanics. There is no way to mass coordinate, and forums like these and the Reddit only represent a small portion of Heroes players.

Unless they add a global chat or something (which is still limited in usefulness, but an improvement), this is not strategy. It's like a game of soccer/football where only two players are working together and everyone else is just kicking the ball at random if it's within 2 feet of them.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I sided with Sharena in the Lucina gauntlet and was fine with her losing. Hell, we actually put up a really good fight against the modern series mascot.

IIRC, Sharena actually had 2nd highest result, only behind Lucina. It was still a huge margin but still very impressive for an O.C.

If Ninian loses, then for me, it's going to be like kicking my dead horse corpse. I missed the three multipliers Ninian got and I've been, according to the game, rank 100,001 for the past several hours with as of this post, a score 4,600 points. And then there's my 1,500 flags...

Ninian winning would at least net me 1,000 feathers. Not like I need them... *looks at my 108,185 feathers*

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

It’s not fun when it isn’t fair. Lucina vs. everybody was fair. Camilla vs. everybody was fair. Even Tharja vs. everybody was sort of fair.

Gaius vs. Leo wasn’t. Camilla vs. Lyn wasn’t.

Goodness gracious, people are STILL salty over those matches...? Let it go. Nothing is "fair". The players did this to themselves. Leo fans and Lyn fans got overconfident and paid for it. To make things worse, it showed a really dark side of the Lyn fanbase which was a bad thing to see. 

This is probably the weirdest voting gauntlet yet. It feels like the whole thing has been one never-ending multiplier. From what I was reading on reddit, the multiplier difference is like....1%? That's insane. 10% was too much, so they go for the opposite extreme. It's like one team sneezes and sends the other into multiplier range. Why not somewhere in the middle? The devs are trying really hard to figure this thing out, and they're just not finding a happy medium.

Honestly, they could probably change things up so it works more like a combination of the Arena and the TT. There are different levels of difficulty for the Gauntlet, and you get a variety of random match-ups. You can earn more points for your team (and yourself) based on the level of difficulty you choose to run and whether or not you apply flags. You can either be matched up with two random allies, one friend and an ally, or maybe they'd be kind enough to let you choose from a couple. They could incorporate the triple bonus for your first two runs like in the TT, so everyone has a chance to rack up some points. And then maybe they can figure out a way to incorporate quests that let you earn items that double or triple your points.

It's still voting, but it feels more like you're putting in actual effort than just leaving it up to random chance...