Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

How's Titania been working out?

Well.. the first map I got her in was against Leo, Celica, and Hector, which was not ideal for her. Later on though, she showed up against Summer Corrin, Azura, and Spring Camilla, and she pretty much soloed that one. She's been great more often than not, at least. Also she's another unit that makes me very jealous and wishful for a Hector to give my own 5-star Titania.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Sunwoo said:

I've gotten her a few times, she's a little monster.

Not sure if you've gotten any of my characters yet. It was Reinhardt with a breath of life 2 seal, but now it's Eirika.

Don't think so. It's been mostly Elincias to me.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Don't think so. It's been mostly Elincias to me.

Haha, the pegasus riders flock to you. They must like you XD

I don't understand how the friend's list works at all. My IRL friend, who was on both the same teams I was, I don't think I've gotten his character yet at all. But for a while I was the only person on his friend's list, so he got my Reinhardt a few times. Not so much now that he's added other friends.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Haha, the pegasus riders flock to you. They must like you XD

I don't understand how the friend's list works at all. My IRL friend, who was on both the same teams I was, I don't think I've gotten his character yet at all. But for a while I was the only person on his friend's list, so he got my Reinhardt a few times. Not so much now that he's added other friends.

Well, I do have three Elincias on my friendlist (I think), so it might not be the same one, but yeah... why couldn't she have flocked to me on the banner?

We think it's still the 'pick three friends and never give you anyone else' screwy RNG- though I wonder how they'd explain they fixed that. If they haven't, well... they needed more ways for the VG to be unfun.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Well, I do have three Elincias on my friendlist (I think), so it might not be the same one, but yeah... why couldn't she have flocked to me on the banner?

We think it's still the 'pick three friends and never give you anyone else' screwy RNG- though I wonder how they'd explain they fixed that. If they haven't, well... they needed more ways for the VG to be unfun.

I don't have Elincia either. I didn't get any of them on that banner, actually, but I got a random 5-star Caeda with the same nature as a 4-star one I was training. So ... yeah, that's a thing XD

The game actually did that? Pick three friends and not give you anyone else? That's strange. The person I'm seeing most is a Nowi. Haven't really paid much attention to who else has showed up commonly? I got an Elincia at least once, and Bartozio is the only one with a current Elincia lead on my friend's list.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

I don't have Elincia either. I didn't get any of them on that banner, actually, but I got a random 5-star Caeda with the same nature as a 4-star one I was training. So ... yeah, that's a thing XD

The game actually did that? Pick three friends and not give you anyone else? That's strange. The person I'm seeing most is a Nowi. Haven't really paid much attention to who else has showed up commonly? I got an Elincia at least once, and Bartozio is the only one with a current Elincia lead on my friend's list.

I didn't get any focus Crimeans, but I was trying for only Ellie. Got a 5* Eirika before I started training the 4* one I got from trying for Ellie.

It's a vague idea of how it works- but whatever's actually the case, the fact it still feels like that sucks.

Hahaha, so you got a red sword-wielding princess ... just not the one you were trying for. My 5-star Eirika showed up on ... I want to say the spring banner, as a neutral unit, and I adore her. She's not always the best at stabbing things, but she provides buffs and draws back people to safety, and if luna is charged up can kill well enough.

Edited by Sunwoo

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Hahaha, so you got a red sword-wielding princess ... just not the one you were trying for. My 5-star Eirika showed up on ... I want to say the spring banner, as a neutral unit, and I adore her. She's not always the best at stabbing things, but she provides buffs and draws back people to safety, and if luna is charged up can kill very well.

Considering she was one of the 4*s I've been missing, and I do like her character... still doesn't beat my first favourite peg. (Even though I haven't gotten far enough into PoR to personally have used her, I feel I still say that because I haven't gotten far enough to play Marcia. Green!Marcia was a badass, though, so...)

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Considering she was one of the 4*s I've been missing, and I do like her character... still doesn't beat my first favourite peg. (Even though I haven't gotten far enough into PoR to personally have used her, I feel I still say that because I haven't gotten far enough to play Marcia. Green!Marcia was a badass, though, so...)

Marcia's definitely one of my favorite pegasus knights, and I hope we get her on a banner soon.

Also, I don't know whether to feel bad for m!Corrin or facepalm at how badly he's being stomped. Missing the only Ninian multiplier tanked my score really hard, and I think I shall be stuck in the 50k ranking spot for the rest of this match, if I am lucky.

8 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

(Even though I haven't gotten far enough into PoR to personally have used her, I feel I still say that because I haven't gotten far enough to play Marcia. Green!Marcia was a badass, though, so...)

Deltre's PoR Maniac LP shows off how broken Marcia can be. Just give her all your BEXP as soon as she joins, a few Steel or Silver forges, and she can render the meat of challenge off the bone of PoR. Jill can do similar, or anyone else, but Marcia does it by far the best. Tanith, as thou art a pegasus lover, is also very good in PoR and totally worth using. Her Reinforcement skill is nifty.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Tanith, as thou art a pegasus lover, is also very good in PoR and totally worth using. Her Reinforcement skill is nifty.

I liked Tanith better than Marcia.

Then again, I played on Normal, and Marcia didn’t grow well that run. Mia and Tanith were Str-blessed, on the other hand.

17 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Marcia's definitely one of my favorite pegasus knights, and I hope we get her on a banner soon.

I'm hoping we don't, because I don't really have the orbs to pull for her! I had to pass on trying to pull Tanith because of a lack of resources.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I liked Tanith better than Marcia.

Then again, I played on Normal, and Marcia didn’t grow well that run. Mia and Tanith were Str-blessed, on the other hand.

Good for your blessings, woe to your screwings!

One should use both Marcia and Tanith. Add Oscar and Kieran and you form the splendid Support Square of Oscar-Kieran-Marcia-Tanith-Oscar. It's the cherry on top when the elite units want to kick manure into the gaping mouths of the plebeians. Plus TanithxOscar and KieranxMarcia aren't half bad.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

One should use both Marcia and Tanith. Add Oscar and Kieran and you form the splendid Support Square of Oscar-Kieran-Marcia-Tanith-Oscar.

I was using three mages (Soren, Ilyana, and Calill), so I was a bit limited in my deployment slots. I also used Oscar, Kieran, and Titania alike. Jill and Tanith were my fliers.

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Deltre's PoR Maniac LP shows off how broken Marcia can be. Just give her all your BEXP as soon as she joins, a few Steel or Silver forges, and she can render the meat of challenge off the bone of PoR. Jill can do similar, or anyone else, but Marcia does it by far the best. Tanith, as thou art a pegasus lover, is also very good in PoR and totally worth using. Her Reinforcement skill is nifty.

->Implying I'm not going to use all of the pegasi. What am I, pre-peg-lover me that didn't use Fiora? I'm just curious/scared as to how my wyvern-bane is going to treat Jill and Haar in PoR and espeially RD.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

One should use both Marcia and Tanith. Add Oscar and Kieran and you form the splendid Support Square of Oscar-Kieran-Marcia-Tanith-Oscar. It's the cherry on top when the elite units want to kick manure into the gaping mouths of the plebeians. Plus TanithxOscar and KieranxMarcia aren't half bad.

Sadly, I don't think Oscar is going to make it into my team. He seems too... everything screwed.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Add Oscar and Kieran and you form the splendid Support Square of Oscar-Kieran-Marcia-Tanith-Oscar.

Does a square normally have five points?

I don't have much to add to the PoR unit discussion, but I do quite like the irony of a Tellius discussion starting in this thread, of all places.

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I don't have much to add to the PoR unit discussion, but I do quite like the irony of a Tellius discussion starting in this thread, of all places.

It's better than the salt an on-topic discussion would bring, I guess. Also, that's a four-point square: sword-axe-lance-sword is still a triangle.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

It's better than the salt an on-topic discussion would bring, I guess. Also, that's a four-point square: sword-axe-lance-sword is still a triangle.

We're in agreement there. Also, I'm an idiot and didn't notice that Oscar was listed twice, so I'll take full blame on that one.

17 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Sadly, I don't think Oscar is going to make it into my team. He seems too... everything screwed.

That happens unfortunately. It's the bad side of being a low leveled unit, thankfully it happened to him and not someone like Nephenee- he comes early enough that you don't have to baby him only to find out yours is screwed, you'll find out through necessary earlygame combat.

17 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I'm just curious/scared as to how my wyvern-bane is going to treat Jill and Haar in PoR and espeially RD.

No Jill in PoR is fine, Marcia and Tanith can suffice- Haar is pretty lackluster in PoR. In RD, no Jill won't hurt P1 too much. Haar likely means skipping out on the P2-P Short Axe since nobody else can do real damage to the boss of that chapter. For the rest, Haar is massively powerful, but Titania can replicate him in P3 save for fence-crossing supply burning in 3-3, and 3-4's cliffs will stop her cold, she'll have to watch out for pitfalls too on the bridge (use a guide for this to avoid frustrations). For P4, being down two fliers will hurt a bit, but not that much, just make sure Micaiah's group gets all the Pegs (unless you really need to train one). You can put Ulki and Janaff there too, and they rock, but they get a funny little Base Convo with a trinket reward if you leave them in their default group.

10 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

It's four people, I just listed Oscar twice to show how the square is completed perfectly with an A and B for all members.

And call this discussion a protest against a certain Telliusian somebody's absence in this VG. Though to be fair, they never learn the truth of themselves methinks. So they aren't unhappy they didn't make it in, because they didn't know they had a chance. Not that they'd want to be surrounded by lolis and dragonchicks I think.

17 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I was using three mages (Soren, Ilyana, and Calill), so I was a bit limited in my deployment slots. I also used Oscar, Kieran, and Titania alike. Jill and Tanith were my fliers.

Not a bad team. You've got all the top tiers cavs (although the lowest they go is high tier), plus two goddess fliers, and the mages aren't bad either. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

That happens unfortunately. It's the bad side of being a low leveled unit, thankfully it happened to him and not someone like Nephenee- he comes early enough that you don't have to baby him only to find out yours is screwed, you'll find out through necessary earlygame combat.

It led to a lovely moment in Chapter 5 where I had to withdraw Oscar from the west flank, leaving Soren alone there while a better unit came in to lend a hand. Luckily, it was near the end of the time limit. At least Soren is competent.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

No Jill in PoR is fine, Marcia and Tanith can suffice- Haar is pretty lackluster in PoR. In RD, no Jill won't hurt P1 too much. Haar likely means skipping out on the P2-P Short Axe since nobody else can do real damage to the boss of that chapter. For the rest, Haar is massively powerful, but Titania can replicate him in P3 save for fence-crossing supply burning in 3-3, and 3-4's cliffs will stop her cold. For P4, being down two fliers will hurt a bit, but not that much, just make sure Micaiah's group gets all the Pegs (unless you really need to train one). You can put Ulki and Janaff there too, and they rock, but they get a funny little Base Convo with a trinket reward if you leave them in their default group.

My wyvern-bane is moreso the fact that, while my pegasi turn into goddesses, my wyverns don't. Are Heath and Cormag a good point of comparison?

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And call this a protest against a certain somebody's absence in this VG. Though to be fair, they never learn the truth of themselves methinks. So they aren't unhappy they didn't make it in, because they didn't know they had a chance.

They definitely know Soren's Branded, they blabbed that. Saying he's of dragon descent without further context as to which dragon is his parent wouldn't be too much more of a spoiler. But who would he replace?

It's four people, I just listed Oscar twice to show how the square is completed perfectly with an A and B for all members.

And call this a protest against a certain somebody's absence in this VG. Though to be fair, they never learn the truth of themselves methinks. So they aren't unhappy they didn't make it in, because they didn't know they had a chance.

Yeah, I guess I might've just gotten confused by the mention of Jill early, and I inserted her in that list mentally. Also I'm tired.

There are so many Tellius options that I'm not sure who exactly you're saying is absent, but I'll assume it's

Spoiler

Soren, since he was mentioned quite a bit during the pre-Gauntlet phase of this thread, and he's one of the only if not the only option in Heroes right now? I haven't played FE10 yet myself, so I'm not sure if that last part refers to him or not.

At least they didn't have to suffer the fate of Fae. Poor Fae will be forever mourned.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I got Bunny Chrom once so far, but that's the only Green or Blue I've gotten this evening.  I may have to end up fielding my own Blues and Greens.  Once I have those last two quests, I'll have 1200 Flags to burn for tomorrow.  I used a few today to get a footing for rank, in case we don't have constant multipliers tomorrow.

Aw I'm sorry my Bunny Boy hasn't showed up more often, maybe he will before the end of the round.   I finally finished the green quest with Titania just now and can I say that I waaaaaaaaaaaaant her!!! SO BADLY!  Titania is my favorite unit thus far in PoR and I've been pulling for her since her debut banner and ever since have gotten 5 5* Sorens all of which are - Spd or -Atk and +Def.  I like Soren and all but this is just very upsetting.  I wouldn't even mind putting the feathers into her and pulling her as a 4* like I did with Boey, but I just can't pull a Titania to save my life.

59 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I only have slightly more friends than that who are even on team Male Corrin, but I have noticed it a bit. Notably, I've had Anime27Arts Spring Chrom a lot. Which is not a bad thing, because I love him, but still a little weird. I've had Rezzy's Titania a few times since adding her as well, but I've pretty much stopped getting Poimagic's PA Azura at all now.

Chrom just decided he wanted to spring into action for you.  XD I had to.  He's the only Special Character that I've been able to pull that I wanted and he has a good nature too, so he certainly will stay very useful.

As for units I've been getting a lot, this Marth on my friend list REALLY likes me and makes fighting with 2 swords hard.  I also seem to be getting @ruruo 's Jeorge a lot today.  When Rezzy had Bridella up I got her a lot and Titania only once.  I saw Beep's Julia one time just an hour ago or so, though 3 people on my friends list have Julia so it could be anyone's since I didn't look at the stats.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not a bad team. You've got all the top tiers cavs (although the lowest they go is high tier), plus two goddess fliers, and the mages aren't bad either. 

On the other hand, I had no space for Nephenee or any of the knights, or the laguz except Reyson (obviously). When I needed thieving, I brought Volke.

But I am a big fan of Calill, so it was worth it. Calill in Heroes when.

1 minute ago, Anime27Arts said:

Aw I'm sorry my Bunny Boy hasn't showed up more often, maybe he will before the end of the round.   I finally finished the green quest with Titania just now and can I say that I waaaaaaaaaaaaant her!!! SO BADLY!  Titania is my favorite unit thus far in PoR and I've been pulling for her since her debut banner and ever since have gotten 5 5* Sorens all of which are - Spd or -Atk and +Def.  I like Soren and all but this is just very upsetting.  I wouldn't even mind putting the feathers into her and pulling her as a 4* like I did with Boey, but I just can't pull a Titania to save my life.

Chrom just decided he wanted to spring into action for you.  XD I had to.  He's the only Special Character that I've been able to pull that I wanted and he has a good nature too, so he certainly will stay very useful.

As for units I've been getting a lot, this Marth on my friend list REALLY likes me and makes fighting with 2 swords hard.  I also seem to be getting @ruruo 's Jeorge a lot today.  When Rezzy had Bridella up I got her a lot and Titania only once.  I saw Beep's Julia one time just an hour ago or so, though 3 people on my friends list have Julia so it could be anyone's since I didn't look at the stats.

I wish you luck on your Titania quest.

I'll go ahead and switch back to Bridelia, since she's good against everything, whereas Titania can get walled by Reds, which seem to be everywhere this Gauntlet.