Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

So I was doing an autobattle with @Rezzy's Titania with my lv 27 M!Corrin and a random Sheena.

I actually lost when I came back.

It didn't help the enemy team had a Ryoma and another red (I forgot)

But yeah that was a funny thing haha. Guess I should pay attention with Emerald weapons

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Yeah, I guess I might've just gotten confused by the mention of Jill early, and I inserted her in that list mentally. Also I'm tired.

There are so many Tellius options that I'm not sure who exactly you're saying is absent, but I'll assume it's

Hide contents

Soren, since he was mentioned quite a bit during the pre-Gauntlet phase of this thread, and he's one of the only if not the only option in Heroes right now? I haven't played FE10 yet myself, so I'm not sure if that last part refers to him or not.

At least they didn't have to suffer the fate of Fae. Poor Fae will be forever mourned.

Soren is the only Tellius character in Heroes of dragon descent. At least his existence as a Branded is mentioned in Heroes, while the other two don't discuss their laguz heritage.

Spoiler

Sanaki is of heron heritage, and I think the Black Knight is either of hawk heritage or no known heritage.

5 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Chrom just decided he wanted to spring into action for you.  XD I had to.  He's the only Special Character that I've been able to pull that I wanted and he has a good nature too, so he certainly will stay very useful.

The only problem with Chrom for me is that his quote "What a season" reminds me of a song with that line, so I constantly want to finish the rest of the song whenever he says it. Not really a "problem" I guess, since I like the song, but it's very tempting every time it happens. Also, another line in that same song is "I'm so sorry that I had to go and let you down", which I hope isn't meant to be an ominous sign from Chrom...

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Soren is the only Tellius character in Heroes of dragon descent. At least his existence as a Branded is mentioned in Heroes, while the other two don't discuss their laguz heritage.

Hide contents

Sanaki is of heron heritage, and I think the Black Knight is either of hawk heritage or no known heritage.

That's what I thought (thanks for the spoiler Heroes...), but I wasn't sure if they were referring to someone absent from Heroes, since there are the other actual dragons in Tellius as well.

5 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

That's what I thought (thanks for the spoiler Heroes...), but I wasn't sure if they were referring to someone absent from Heroes, since there are the other actual dragons in Tellius as well.

Well, you could take your pick from a lot of dragons, like Kurthnaga, but it's the same as bemoaning Bantu or Myrrh's absence- it's a fact of life.

Soren, meanwhile, is in the game already, so he's a valid candidate for participation.

15 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

At least they didn't have to suffer the fate of Fae. Poor Fae will be forever mourned.

She's over it already. She's too busy playing with Kirby, I did invite him to the topic earlier in a very off topic post. The two are very cute together.

15 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

My wyvern-bane is moreso the fact that, while my pegasi turn into goddesses, my wyverns don't. Are Heath and Cormag a good point of comparison?

Well the nice thing about Haar is he has bases to go on, add promotion gains and a much desired Speedwing and he can devour not all that much worse screwed than he would normally. Jill, not so much- pray she doesn't get Str-screwed, her weakness. Heath isn't very good by the way, comes underleveled and not enough Str and Def, nor Con, he ends up lacking wyvern strengths, and lacks the Speed and Res the Pegs have- which is bad when the Desert and Night of Farewells, flier-wanted chapters, want Res. Cormag- well that's a shame he didn't turn out well for you.

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

On the other hand, I had no space for Nephenee or any of the knights, or the laguz except Reyson (obviously). When I needed thieving, I brought Volke.

But I am a big fan of Calill, so it was worth it. Calill in Heroes when.

Nephenee is good, the Knights, not so much. The mounties are durable enough, and much faster and more mobile. Calill is a balanced but strong prepromote too, that she doesn't have Staffs was probably done to keep her in check.

Calill's coming will be when DeNA decides beauty is neither upfront sexiness/scantiness nor obnoxiously cute, it's just good fashion with self confidence and talent, and is capable of being had by women of all ages. 

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well the nice thing about Haar is he has bases to go on, add promotion gains and a much desired Speedwing and he can devour not all that much worse screwed than he would normally. Jill, not so much- pray she doesn't get Str-screwed, her weakness. Heath isn't very good by the way, comes underleveled and not enough Str and Def, nor Con, he ends up lacking wyvern strengths, and lacks the Speed and Res the Pegs have- which is bad when the Desert and Night of Farewells, flier-wanted chapters, want Res. Cormag- well that's a shame he didn't turn out well for you.

I am going to get a Strength-screwed Jill in one of my playthroughs, then. Hope it's not the All-Girls attempt (though I don't see that surviving long enough to recruit her.)

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Calill's coming will be when DeNA decides beauty is neither upfront sexiness/scantiness nor obnoxiously cute, it's just good fashion with self confidence and talent, and is capable of being had by women of all ages. 

How many years do we give it until we go up and... 'persuade' them?

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I JOINED MALE CORN

@Anime27Arts Ninian in the finals of course!

Why not Ninian now?

... Eh. I mean, if I wasn't already on her side, or if she had lost, I frankly would be on his side as well. But as the fates have it, as of now we are destined to be enemies.

4 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Absolutely!!!! But looking at the multipliers I'm currently swimming in this is just too good to be true!!  There's more here than Candy Boy ever had!

I still deny the legitimacy of Gaius's victory. It never happened.

Just now, Rex Glacies said:

Why not Ninian now?

... Eh. I mean, if I wasn't already on her side, or if she had lost, I frankly would be on his side as well. But as the fates have it, as of now we are destined to be enemies.

Lol I was Team Leo hard core all 3 gauntlets.  I reject his victory but by the end I just needed feathers and had a copy of neither Gauis or Corrin.  I just left Leo as my lead and didn't care about it!  Leo should have won and my Tomato Prince did win in my heart though I still never pulled a single Summer Leo or any Nohrian Summer characters.

12 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Lol I was Team Leo hard core all 3 gauntlets.  I reject his victory but by the end I just needed feathers and had a copy of neither Gauis or Corrin.  I just left Leo as my lead and didn't care about it!  Leo should have won and my Tomato Prince did win in my heart though I still never pulled a single Summer Leo or any Nohrian Summer characters.

The beach gauntlet was the first one I really participated in, so it holds a special place for me and I will eternally deny his loss. He had the capacity to win the entire gauntlet I believe, so it just makes his upset loss even more sore. Especially considering that he was bested by a random character from Awakening whom I accidentally killed in my first playthrough.

1 minute ago, Rex Glacies said:

Up there with "I deny the legitimacy of there being a world outside/independent of me"?

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I am going to get a Strength-screwed Jill in one of my playthroughs, then. Hope it's not the All-Girls attempt (though I don't see that surviving long enough to recruit her.)

Do what I did and cheat a little, let yourself use everyone until Sothe joins, who should be an exception (alongside Ike) since you always have to field him. He isn't overly macho either- the only girl who loves him is Micaiah after all, I think he has a better chance of attracting Kyza than any non-Micaiah girl in RD. A theme playthrough is supposed to be fun, a few exceptions in certain instances won't destroy the challenge and it'll just cut down on the tedium.

The beach gauntlet was the first one I really participated in, so it holds a special place for me and I will eternally deny his loss. He had the capacity to win the entire gauntlet I believe, so it just makes his upset loss even more sore. Especially considering that he was bested by a random character from Awakening whom I accidentally killed in my first playthrough.

Excuse me, but that's my Awakening husband you're talking about there.

Who I also killed on my first playthrough.

Also I didn't join his team in that gauntlet either and I don't think he deserved to win.

But I still love him.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Do what I did and cheat a little, let yourself use everyone until Sothe joins, who should be an exception (alongside Ike) since you always have to field him. He isn't overly macho either- the only girl who loves him is Micaiah after all, I think he has a better chance of attracting Kyza than any non-Micaiah girl in RD. A theme playthrough is supposed to be fun, a few exceptions in certain instances won't destroy the challenge and it'll just cut down on the tedium.

Why do I have to use Ike when I have Titania, Mia and Mist again? ...Oh, right. Same reason I used Alm in All-Girl SoV.

Yeah, I suppose that's good advice for dealing with 7 as well. Kind of a shame, but doing the early game Micaiah solo to Ilyana, and then those two and Meg until Jill screams 'don't even bother'.

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Also I didn't join his team in that gauntlet either and I don't think he deserved to win.

But I still love him.

I feel like this is something everyone goes through at least once when playing Awakening.

At least Frederick really closed the gap in the end

Also speaking of it's been a while since I've seen a multiplier with Tiki vs FCorrin

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Up there with "I deny the legitimacy of there being a world outside/independent of me"?

Reality is an illusion and the universe is a hologram. Time is dead and meaning has no meaning.

7 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

But I still love him.

... Can I ask why you think he's so good? I understand some characters popularity (Chrom, Owain, Lucina... Tharja) but I never understood why people liked him.

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

2 words

Reveal hidden contents

Multipliers

Fair enough Philotetes. Just don't ruin it for Ninian, will ya? Though in the impossible event that Corrin beat Ninian and Female Corrin beat Tiki, that would be fun to see the two Corrins face off.

6 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Did they change the score multiplier so that it only increases by a small amount? I don't think I've seen the score multiplier jumping around in this VG. 

The multiplier itself is unchanged as far as I'm aware but the threshold for when it activates was changed. There now only needs to be somewhere around a 1% difference between the two teams for it to activate instead of 10%.

Double post fact time!

Despite being further away from the sun than Mercury, Venus is actually the hottest planet in the solar system, and is often described as "hellish."

Edited by Rex Glacies

Don't worry I did too. I was really salty after his loss and was not fun to be around for a while and I went offline so I wouldn't end up having so much salt for everyone here.  Instead my brother heard my salt rant. I'd say you missed a lot previous gauntlets(some were better to miss though).  Like Ephraim vs Chrom was great but what I hated about it was a bunch of people accused Chrom people for cheating through it....not our finest moment, but hey it was an epic!  Mage Gauntlet I wrote poem/song/cheer almost daily for Leo and there was the birth of my Twin's dark side in which it pains me to speak about.  Then there was the healer gauntlet where "What a loser!" was Team Lissa's battle cry to defeat and more salt from me. The Gauntlets have had their ups and downs but I've enjoyed them except for me having enough salt to salt McDonald's fries.