Fire Emblem Warriors full English website is now open.

On 07/10/2017 at 3:51 AM, Roy91 said:

My point was that none of the other characters (Micaiah being the exception) from Roy and Ike's games are even remotely as popular as the two of them. I don't think the majority of Lyn's popularity comes from a one-off Assist Trophy the player rarely sees. Otherwise Hector wouldn't have ranked 3rd for males. 

Actually if you add up Soren and Black knights split votes they actually take 13 and 10th spot respectively. 

Neph and mia would also be accelerated to 10 and 11th spot in the females side. Tellius actually got screwed up due to their votes being split in half.

I almost forgot Ilyana also makes it in the top 20 if you add up her votes as well.

45 minutes ago, Skylorella Con said:

Actually if you add up Soren and Black knights split votes they actually take 13 and 10th spot respectively. 

Neph and mia would also be accelerated to 10 and 11th spot in the females side. Tellius actually got screwed up due to their votes being split in half.

I almost forgot Ilyana also makes it in the top 20 if you add up her votes as well.

Simply adding split votes can cause problems, but in a poll that's already deluded by giving everyone 13 votes, who knows.

Edit: I should probably specify that it may skew trying to figure out just how popular a character is, but by strict rule of votes, yes, they got a raw deal.

Edited by Arthur97

I agree, the voting was misleading and isn't voracious but that applies to every character, not just the Tellius characters.

Also I was mainly exposing him to how many Tellius representatives were present in the Choose your legends top 20 poll.

1 hour ago, Skylorella Con said:

I agree, the voting was misleading and isn't voracious but that applies to every character, not just the Tellius characters.

Also I was mainly exposing him to how many Tellius representatives were present in the Choose your legends top 20 poll.

I still understand why it had to be done for some, since for some such as Ike, some may like one version but not the other (generally speaking, people seem to think he was significantly worse in RD), plus, he had a significant design change so they needed to know which one to use kind of like old Hector and Masked Lucina (though I still don't know why she got upward of 5K votes). In the end though, I think counting duplicates one for one is even more sketchy due to the fact that I just think duplicates would be more likely by counting both together.

Oops, apparently I have two accounts? I was wondering why I was seeing people quoting me but not getting notifications. This is the one I wanted to use..

On 10/7/2017 at 11:57 PM, Skylorella Con said:

Oh I totally forgot about split votes. Yeah that makes a lot of sense, I guess I was wrong. Roy is the odd one out that has considerably more popularity than his comrades but that's because he's the only character (at that time) that had been notably featured in a game localized outside of Japan (Awakening DLC doesn't count for much). Guess that makes sense.

13 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

I still understand why it had to be done for some, since for some such as Ike, some may like one version but not the other (generally speaking, people seem to think he was significantly worse in RD), plus, he had a significant design change so they needed to know which one to use kind of like old Hector and Masked Lucina (though I still don't know why she got upward of 5K votes). In the end though, I think counting duplicates one for one is even more sketchy due to the fact that I just think duplicates would be more likely by counting both together.

I don't blame people tbh.XD

RD Ike just kind of butchered what I loved about POR Ike, not saying he's bad in Rd or anything but he just became bland and not as unique anymore much like Marth, Roy, Alm and Chrom, though thankfully still a lot better then them.

I also think that the split votes should have been counted as one instead of being counted individually.

It would have given the Tellius characters a chance to shine but sadly it isn't the case.

7 hours ago, dmurr said:

Oops, apparently I have two accounts? I was wondering why I was seeing people quoting me but not getting notifications. This is the one I wanted to use..

Oh I totally forgot about split votes. Yeah that makes a lot of sense, I guess I was wrong. Roy is the odd one out that has considerably more popularity than his comrades but that's because he's the only character (at that time) that had been notably featured in a game localized outside of Japan (Awakening DLC doesn't count for much). Guess that makes sense.

I guess smach bros might have a little to do with Roy being this popular but he's also from Elibe and he was featured in the epilogue from blazing blade so that must also be the reason.

Also I still doubt smach bros fans would download a game they know nothing about just to vote for Roy. xD

Edited by Skylorella Con

57 minutes ago, Skylorella Con said:

I guess smach bros might have a little to do with Roy being this popular but he's also from Elibe and he was featured in the epilogue from blazing blade so that must also be the reason.

Also I still doubt smach bros fans would download a game they know nothing about just to vote for Roy. xD

Well it was an open internet poll, anyone could vote. I'm sure a significant number of people voted but didn't play or didn't play much of Heroes.