Pokemon Gold & Silver remake

Relinquished

So, would you buy it if it were to go out?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no?

• Yes!! G&S are the most epic Pokemon games
    • No. I don't care becuase i'm boring

Its not trolling. I really feel that way. Try playing Ranger sometime. If you already have and still feel this way, you have bad taste.

oh, i've played Ranger and it's not that good, srsly. Bad taste? Maybe. But you're not the right person to point that out.

OOPS i forgot to tell about my theory: "So, you were born right when Ranger was going to come out. Tough luck, man."

conclusion: I don't think you have G&S. Enjoy your boredom

Palom: 4th gen rules??!! well, that's up to you, but i'll have to disagree. it looks like you appreciate a game for its graphics, huh? Buy yourself a PS3

Actually, Diamond and Pearl is more balanced and has more refined gameplay than Gold and Silver.

Gold and Silver was more fun nonetheless.

Except for that fucking Stealth Rock.

*goes into Stealth Rock rant mode*

I guess I'm the only person who loves all the pokemon gens...

I know G/S was awesome, but if you just blow off all the others I think you're just experiencing something called "maturity". It's not the other ones suck( they've got better, in fact), you just got too old to like the series like you did.

Palom: 4th gen rules??!! well, that's up to you, but i'll have to disagree. it looks like you appreciate a game for its graphics, huh? Buy yourself a PS3

Wait a second wait a second.... The reason why it's like that is because I feel each generation improves on each other. And FYI Gold was my first Pokemon game. And I still play it too.(If I can find a decent pair of batteries >.<)

@Karol: No you're not. I love all of them too. I just think each generation gets better.

I know G/S was awesome, but if you just blow off all the others I think you're just experiencing something called "maturity". It's not the other ones suck( they've got better, in fact), you just got too old to like the series like you did.
I believe this is accurate in my case; the nostalgic value of the old Pokemon games allows them to hugely outweigh the newer games in my mind. I have yet to beat a fourth generation Pokemon game but I still play Pokemon Yellow, I enjoy it more. Even while recognizing this bias, however, I still believe that the interface for Diamond and Pearl could have been much improved.

When it comes to competitive battling, 4th > 3rd > 2nd > 1st.

Other than that, Fourth generation didn't offer a lot of new, relevant stuff when it comes to in-game. Third added abilities and natures, and replaced Stat Experience with EVs. It also had Pokemon contests, which were better than the fourth generation. Second had Special Attack and Special Defense instead of the Special stat from the first generation, and the second also allowed held items on Pokemon. Second one allowed you to explore two worlds, which was amazing.

I guess I'm the only person who loves all the pokemon gens...

i'm just saying that Gen. 2 is my favorite of all games. Heck, i'm playing FireRed and LeafGreen because the next Poke game i love the most is Red and Blue.

i respect all your decisions, but i must disagree on certain issues when i see fit in order to hold my claims and my opinions.

what i would add to the remake is the access to the Safari Zone, Pokemon Stadium 2 remixed BGMs just for nostalgy's sake and THE AVAILABILITY OF CATCHING EVERY SINGLE POKEMON, ESPECIALLY THE ONES FROM EVENTS. Really, i can't manage to complete any games because of the Event ones.

There would be a need to release a Stadium-like game for these remakes. And i say this because PBR wasn't very good received by game critics, especially the fact that without D&P, you can't do shit on that game.

oh, i've played Ranger and it's not that good, srsly. Bad taste? Maybe. But you're not the right person to point that out.

OOPS i forgot to tell about my theory: "So, you were born right when Ranger was going to come out. Tough luck, man."

conclusion: I don't think you have G&S. Enjoy your boredom

Gold was my first pokemon game. It was fun when I got it, but looking back at it, I wonder what I thought was fun about such an easy game. Easier then others in the series, that's for sure. (Loser grunts and their level 20 Ratatta).

If GSC was to be remade, do it right this time.

I still have Crytal lying around somewhere. Though its internal battery is dead, of course.

Edited by General Spoon