Lyn v. Guy

sandmanccl

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did. ^_^

But even with Guy's lower growth, he starts with double the Strength base Lyn does. It's doubtful she'll have any meaninful Strength lead on Guy.

Even with Guy's lower growth, he starts with double the Strength base Lyn does. It's doubtful she'll have any meaninful Strength lead on Guy.
Only if it's Hector's hard mode, and it's also highly doubtful that he'll have any meaningful strength lead on Lyn either. By the time he joins, and by the time she rejoins, there's still hardly any difference. Edited by Little Al

No, it's actually highly unlikely that he won't have a str lead. A lv 10 Lyn just barely reaches Guy's base str. That means Guy would have to not gain any str at all in 7 levels to not have a lead (8% chance). It's probably more like 10%, though, or maybe even as high as 15%, maybe,,, since the chance of Lyn being RNG blessed and Guy at the same time being RNG screwed is probably slightly more than the chance of Guy being extremely RNG screwed. Either way, Guy is much more likely to have a str lead than to not have one.

Then for as much chance there is for him to not have a str lead, there's just as much chance for his str lead to be twice as high.

And again, even when RNG-screwed in str, Guy has massive crit (post-promotion, at least) he can rely on that Lyn does not have. Clear w1n for Guy.

Edited by Reikken

Averages aren't always going to happen, so there's always a chance that Guy may strength screwed, and therefore has to rely even more on criticals than he has to, if he is strength screwed.

No, but they are the most probable to happen.

And he actually can rely on his Crit due to his supports. Lyn can't, and she has pretty bad Atk already.

In my save Lyndis is WAY stronger than Guy, she has great speed str(16 as of lvl 10), when I get Guy to a higher lvl I'm going to decide who wins, well, Guy is a Myrmidon and Lindis almost looks like one.

By the way, is there some type of Tower Of Valni or something to train them?(Sorry I'm in chapter 17 of Eliwood's story)

By the way, is there some type of Tower Of Valni or something to train them?(Sorry I'm in chapter 17 of Eliwood's story)

No Tower of Valni is only at Sacred Stones.

There are some battle arenas which might be available in FE7...but I am not sure on which chapters. The Main Site should tell you this.

Edited by Luxord

No, but they are the most probable to happen.

No, that's called the mode (most common outcome). But usually, the mode is still in the vast minority of the possible outcomes.

The average is all possibilities taken into account, the more common ones given more weight than the less common ones. This way, all possible playthroughs/outcomes are taken into account, not just the most common one(s).

Question: When we debate the quality of characters, do we assume that we are trying to S rank Lyn's mode as well as HHM? Or does that not matter? Or are we not even playing Lyn's mode at all?

I just ask out of curiosity. Not that it makes much difference here, because with or without Lyn's mode Guy is going to be better.

About the comment on playstyles: You can of course play however you want. No one here is arguing otherwise. However, when trying to discern the one way to best complete the game with the best rankings, we are talking about ONE playstyle. Therefore, if one character is better for fulfilling the ranks than another character, that character is then decided as better than the other character. There are specific calculations that go into getting an S rank and so there are specific ways to get that S rank.

Which is, of course, the overall goal in deciding who is better than who.

Now excuse me as I go back to proving just how completely unbelievably awesome and sexy Barth is, and how lame and unsexy Ward is.

Question: When we debate the quality of characters, do we assume that we are trying to S rank Lyn's mode as well as HHM? Or does that not matter? Or are we not even playing Lyn's mode at all?

I just ask out of curiosity. Not that it makes much difference here, because with or without Lyn's mode Guy is going to be better.

About the comment on playstyles: You can of course play however you want. No one here is arguing otherwise. However, when trying to discern the one way to best complete the game with the best rankings, we are talking about ONE playstyle. Therefore, if one character is better for fulfilling the ranks than another character, that character is then decided as better than the other character. There are specific calculations that go into getting an S rank and so there are specific ways to get that S rank.

Which is, of course, the overall goal in deciding who is better than who.

Now excuse me as I go back to proving just how completely unbelievably awesome and sexy Barth is, and how lame and unsexy Ward is.

Unless specified before hand, debates are in the hardest possible Mode, with whatever Ranks etc, are in the game.

Why not use it on Rapier or Wolf Beil, then? Why not save it for Funds?

Why not use it on the Mani Katti, though? You can get another Rapier/Wolf Beil anyway. Mani Katti is good enough for a Hammerne use. Funds? Hammerne isn't worth that much.

Averages aren't always going to happen, so there's always a chance that Guy may strength screwed, and therefore has to rely even more on criticals than he has to, if he is strength screwed.

Guy has a chance to be STR screwed, he has a chance to be STR blessed, so does every single character in the entire game. Despite there being an element of randomness to the character's statistics, they do have specific rates at which they grow, while these might not always be totally accurate, they are a base to determine a characters potential and usefulness, which serves an debate a lot better about saying "Your character sucks if they they get STR screwed" "No U" "No U" over and over and not getting anywhere.

Averages might not always happen, but a character isn't always going to be RNG screwed, and just cause they did once doesn't mean they can't have average or above average next time. When you play enough to find that averages are somewhat accurate overall.

As for the Mani Katti, you can argue using the Hammerne, but she's already a unit with a late promotion, there is a limit to how many times it can be used even with the Hammerne and it's most effective against units that will often have WTA on her. Units that while she might easily be able to one round, Guy would possibly to the same with his high Critical rating.

What's this about a Hammerne, now?

That Lyn's offense problems mean little because the Mani Katti can be repaired.

Though really, Rescue, Warp, and Brave Weapons will probably be first for Hammerne.

Lol. Not only does Lyn waste valuable money on a Heaven Seal, but she wastes at least one Hammerne use so that she has an actual offense. And by the way, unlike other weapons, Mani Katti gives nothing TO Funds. Theoretically, Hammerne could pay for itself when used on a different weapon, but not so on Mani Katti.

Man, you guys are utterly ridiculous.

You're so focused on such small, tiny aspects of the game that you lose the soul of the franchise.

Lyn and Guy are so equal in almost every single possible scenario, it's not funny. Disagree all you want, but it's the truth and you're allowed to be wrong.