1. 1. Vote and choose

• Gonzales
    • Geese
    • Garret

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Geese supposed to have good skill? He had terrible skill for me. Gonzales, on the other hand, was superior in every way.

Gonzales has a hard mode base skill of ~8, normal base of 5 at level 5 route A or level 11 route B with 15% growth. Geese has 9 skill at level 10 with a 30% growth. Geese can also get max accuracy from supports. Gonzales cannot.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Is Geese supposed to have good skill? He had terrible skill for me. Gonzales, on the other hand, was superior in every way.

Geese spd and skl is higher than Gonzales...and the enemy in this game is rather strange, although my berserker skill is higher than the one in Fe7, it hard for them to hit enemy even the lance user...Now, if str cap is 40, Gonzales surely the best but now, Geese best.

Geese spd and skl is higher than Gonzales...and the enemy in this game is rather strange, although my berserker skill is higher than the one in Fe7, it hard for them to hit enemy even the lance user...Now, if str cap is 40, Gonzales surely the best but now, Geese best.

Geese actually has lower Speed than Gonzales. Str cap is 30.

Gonzales for sure, especially on Hard Mode. Starting out with almost 10 more HP than Geese 5 levels less than Geese is pretty super. Not to mention up to 7 (usually 6) strength and up to 2 more speed. The much higher CON is a great advantage to Gonzales's already superior speed. The only thing Geese has over Gonzales is Skill and Luck. Resistance, maybe slightly, but both are so low, it doesn't matter. Resistance doesn't matter in this game much anyway. Besides, it's not like Geese's support list is any better than Gonzales's. Gonzales >> Geese >>>> Garret

Really the only real problem about Gonzales is his Skill, along with a not that great support list. Still, it's not like Garret or Geese's are any better. Still, what if there was a Berserker Triangle attack? Come on, they all start their names with G!

Edited by Fawful

Come on, they all start their names with G!

Wow I just noticed this.

I've actually never had any problems hitting things with Gonzales... even on one play where he had zero skill gains until like 20/15 ;_;. His huge gain from promotion and HM bonuses help.

Skill doesn't matter as much when there's a bunch of lances flying around and you use an axe.

From what I've seen, it does. <_<

Even against lance users like Wyverns, my (HM) Gonzales never saw a hit chance higher than ~75% before promotion, and can hardly reach 90% after. His skill was about average, higher if anything.

From what I've seen, it does. <_<

Even against lance users like Wyverns, my (HM) Gonzales never saw a hit chance higher than ~75% before promotion, and can hardly reach 90% after. His skill was about average, higher if anything.

Meh, it's more because the weapons are less accurate in general in this game. It's not common to see 100% hit for non-Sword users with a weapon triangle advantage. It's not like Geese or Garret would fare any better.

Meh, it's more because the weapons are less accurate in general in this game. It's not common to see 100% hit for non-Sword users with a weapon triangle advantage. It's not like Geese or Garret would fare any better.

I find lance users and Geese have been having little problems hitting. Geese gets full accuracy from supports. Gonzales does not. Powerful and fast, but totally innacurate. This is why I prefer Geese.

P.S. I still think Gonzales is pretty good.

Geese isn't bad but I just don't use him because his early game is just terrible compared to Gonzales.

Take for example chapter 14, you've got lot of cavaliers there, a perfect place to train an Axe user with the Halberd but Geese can't use it without giving up 4 speed and possibly letting the enemy double him >_<. With Gonzales, you don't have that problem, his speed growth is nice and his avoid quickly becomes decent enough that you can have him fight by himself without worrying much about his survival.

Personally, when it comes to front line fighters, I'll take avoid over hit... that is unless skill is WAY too low and avoid doesn't compensate for it.

Geese isn't bad but I just don't use him because his early game is just terrible compared to Gonzales.

Take for example chapter 14, you've got lot of cavaliers there, a perfect place to train an Axe user with the Halberd but Geese can't use it without giving up 4 speed and possibly letting the enemy double him >_<. With Gonzales, you don't have that problem, his speed growth is nice and his avoid quickly becomes decent enough that you can have him fight by himself without worrying much about his survival.

Personally, when it comes to front line fighters, I'll take avoid over hit... that is unless skill is WAY too low and avoid doesn't compensate for it.

Um, 14 is the desert chapter....you're probably thinking of chapter 13 or 15. (well, both have plenty of Cavaliers) Still, the only ones with harmfully low Skill are Barth, Bartre, and Sophia, I would say. That's significant because they can't take advantage of the platoon of Lance using enemies, except Bartre and Barth if he ever promotes.

Wait, supports with who? Still, same thing goes with Gonzales, since Treck and Echidna take forever to develop.

Geese's supports with Echidna and Garrett get full accuracy. Thunder, Gonzales's affinity, doesn't even grant accuracy, so he can't get full accuracy from supports.

Chapters are generally longer in this game than in other FEs, so even the slow supports, like almost all of Geese's and Gonzales's, don't take all that long. Getting to A takes forever, but getting to B isn't too bad. He can reach B with Echidna/Lalum not too long after promotion (assuming promoting at end of ch 16). And assuming you're going fast enough to get the best tactics rank.

Edited by Reikken

Actually, a lot of the Cavaliers in 13 have Swords/Axereavers. The Paladins don't, but I don't know if Gonzales could take them down easily.

Some of the sword ones have Javelins, if you're holding the halberd, they'll probably switch to their javelin to attack indirectly over just killing you with a sword. In the groups you see there's always only about 1 Axereaver and 1-2 sword cavys so there's not "a lot" of those to worry about.

Edited by Boo