Which FE would you like to see get a remake next?

Dracologist

The way Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentia's title is structured makes it look like we might get an "Echoes" series that would consist of classic game remakes. At least, I really hope that's where they're going with this. If they do create more remakes, what game would you like to see an "Echoes" of next?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Genealogy of the Holy War and/or Thracia 776, please. With SoV being released in America, the only games most people in the west seem to not know much about are the Jugdral games, and I think remaking them would boost their popularity quite a bit. Not just for that reason, but I think they have several strange and dated design choices, such as the Love System in FE4 and some of those bullshit bosses in FE5.

I'd say FE7 (and 6) too, but I'd be way more interested in seeing the Jugdral games get the Echoes treatment first.

Honestly, I would prefer no more remakes at least for the next 10 years. Just focus on making new experiences, and leave the nostalgia bait for Heroes and Cipher.  

21 minutes ago, Dracologist said:

The way Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentia's title is structured makes it look like we might get an "Echoes" series that would consist of classic game remakes. At least, I really hope that's where they're going with this. If they do create more remakes, what game would you like to see an "Echoes" of next?

Well, that actually wasn't the intention of the title itself. There's a chance that it will be used for future remakes if a developer's response to this topic was any indication.

If I were to see a Judgral remake, I'm of two minds. Either play them close to the originals and likely make them separate, or change the whole structure of the game: It would require pretty much making Genealogy and Thracia into 3 campaigns on the one game. In this case, Genealogy would end up massively different so that the three titles can play similarly.

As for BB and BS, I'd like the two together, but more like Mystery in set up, with a possible way to affect BB based on the endings of BS (which would be more of a nice addition rather than affecting all the units like in Genealogy).

I would like to see Genealogy of the Holy War remake be next, but I did seen the director of Echoes: Shadows of Valentia mentioned he wanted to remake The Binding Blade. I kinda wondered if we can see Genealogy of the Holy War remake along with the Thracia 776 remake coming to the Nintendo Switch after the upcoming Switch title gets released in 2018.

I dunno... The three logical choices are all games I'm not a fan of, and it doesn't help that I have a lukewarm attitude towards FE remakes in general.

Shadow Dragon/Mystery of the Emblem. I've always wanted to play a 'Marth' game. That's where the series has started as well.

Geneology of the Holy War/Thracia 776. I think it's more or less the 'lost game' of the franchise. After the Echoes remake, Geneology currently has oldest art in the series (via sequel wise.)(Not counting Heroes....) with Thracia 776. In a post I ask a day or two ago, lots of people were saying Sigurd was the worst Lord. I would like to see why and see how they can 'improve' on that. 

Blazing/Binding Blade. Kinda like Geneology, Eilwood and Roy were pretty popular in the worst Lords category. It would be neat to see if they would improve on their stats and such. Plus, Zephial. My favorite FE villain. 

More or less, I would like to see the oldest games get remade first. I honestly rather see a remake right now compared to how the series is going. (Waifu Emblem doesn't seem like it's stopping...)

5 minutes ago, Zepler said:

Shadow Dragon/Mystery of the Emblem. I've always wanted to play a 'Marth' game. That's where the series has started as well.

I'm curious as to what you think about the DS games and how they fit as remakes then.

7 minutes ago, Zepler said:

Those were already remade.

Whenever the next remake will be, I would want it to be of Genealogy/Thracia.  And then after that, I'd want Binding Blade.

I basically just want them to localize all the Japanese releases in some way, though Mystery can wait since that wasn't remade too long ago and the SD remake was actually released in the West.

I don't necessarily care how they're remade.  I just hope they'll make the large-ass maps of Genealogy a little less painful with the option of battle saves (probably on Casual, but still).  It does help that it'll likely either be on the 3DS (or its successor) or the Switch, at least if it comes out relatively soon.  And if the story actually is as good as people say it is, then I hope they don't mess with it too much.  Given that the Echoes director remained fairly faithful to Gaiden, I don't think I should expect them to screw with the Jugdral games in that way all that much.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Well, that actually wasn't the intention of the title itself.

Where's your source because I've seen many say otherwise. Hell its why we call it SoV and not Echoes in the first place.

From what I've seen from other places on the web there is a ton of hankering for an FE7 remake. I'm of the mode of that being the biggest current waste of a remake. Sure maybe later on it should get one cause I think the game could use a better translation but we really should be asking for the games we can't play before the ones we can.

Obvious choices are the Jugdral games. Dispite me playing through FE4 right now I'd be 100% down for a remake. The story is very much deserving of a next gen retelling and with an SoV style presentation I think they could do something truly special. It has to be on the switch though. As much as I love my 3DS it's time to move on. Plus it fits the big maps better.

Perhaps they could even have a non canon post game where you can revive the 1st gen and recruit the surviving members.

Binding Blade would come next and then FE7. I feel like SS and onwards are all modern enough to not need one. Not that I wouldn't buy them but it'd have to be years from now for me to care.

Also a localization of FE12 would be nice. Maybe a compilation of it and 11 released under the Echoes name for Switch as a budget title.

11 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I just hope they'll make the large-ass maps of Genealogy a little less painful with the option of battle saves

You know you can save at the start of every turn right?

Its essentially a nerfed Milla's Turnwheel.

Edited by Greencapps

Binding Blade. I mean, i would want Jugdral remakes so an improved gameplay would help improve my opinion on them (because Jugdral's gameplay is abysmal) but i'm more likely to enjoy a remake of a game i've loved since the start (Binding Blade).

14 minutes ago, Greencapps said:

Where's your source because I've seen many say otherwise. Hell its why we call it SoV and not Echoes in the first place.

The first thing I could remember relating to it, from back when this kept coming up, is SoC having to put down the idea (sadly I thought at the time). I'll leave a link to a thread where a lot of discussion came up here.

Also, that developer response indicating it might be used like that now anyway here. (As part of this interview)

Point is, it's not what was intended, but it's likely going to be the case for a future remake, which I am OK with.

FE4, FE5 and FE6.

I think FE6 is the safest bet. There isn't much in the game that diverges from the modern FE formula, thus it shouldn't be hard to think how a modern FE6 would be.

I would like a FE4 and 5 remake personally. If they can acheive what they did in SoV and just make the maps at least playable, that would be great. Though I personally would like that to get changed completely. FE5 can use some updating too, but more in the mechanics department.

I also would like a remaster of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. Not a straight remake, but one that maybe updates the graphics a bit, maybe adds some things or fixes up a few issues, etc.

My only real concern with a remake of 4 is that they'll do what they did with gaiden and leave all the atrociously, transparently poorly-aged mechanics alone, which I honestly do not think would be a good idea. Fire Emblem 4 is the most terribly-balanced game in the entire damned series. Need I even mention the spellbook weights? Jesus Christ if they didn't fix at least that I'd probably scream.

On the other hand, with the top-notch presentation of SoV in mind, FE4 definitely has the story I most badly want to see come to life in that style.

I think a joint FE 6 and 7 remake would be really neat, especially since I never played the former. It'll probably be the easier remake in terms of changes. It'd be nice if they add touches like adding a child of Lyn or giving the FE 6 descendants different hair or something.

Genealogy would make sense, but I can imagine NoA having trouble with the localization. Staying incredibly faithful could result in a media backlash, while possible changes and censors will likely cause a fan backlash. They'd have to be very careful with this one

I don't know much about Thracia either, but if its as hard as it was in the original then I'd likely tear my hair.

Sacred Stones feels too... out of the box? I just don't think it really needs a remake... yet.

The Tellius games just need a virtual console release or something along those lines, not a remake.

The rest already have remakes or are way too new to deserve one. A localization of 12 would be awesome though.

Judgral remakes seem like a bad idea because with the original writing team gone, it's shouldn't come back if it can't come back well.

Obviously FE Heroe's is meant to be a little hammy and comedic, but based on certain quotes they gave even the straitlaced FE4 charathers, yeah a remake would not go well. Also I'm way in the camp that considers the gameplay of SoV to be the most disgraceful thing in all of post 2000s fire emblem. Another  over faithful remake would not be healthy.

I think FE6-7 remakes are semi inevitable at this point , but  hope for 2, if not 3, original games before then. That would be healthiest for the franchise. Personally I'm not super keen on these games and they are more replayable than something like Path of Radiance or Jugdral already. 

FE 4 remade has the potential to be disappointing or one of the best Fire Emblem games to date. I'd really love to see it with the amount of heart done on Shadows of Valentia.