Ways of playing together

Dracologist

When we were kids, my brother and used to play Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn together by splitting the available units between us and passing the controller back and forth as we took turns moving our units. More recently, we've been experimenting with a "driver" and a "navigator" setup where we talk over and decide on our moves together. Have any of you ever tried playing Fire Emblem with a friend or family member? If so, how did you play and how did it go?

1 hour ago, Dracologist said:

When we were kids, my brother and used to play Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn together by splitting the available units between us and passing the controller back and forth as we took turns moving our units. More recently, we've been experimenting with a "driver" and a "navigator" setup where we talk over and decide on our moves together. Have any of you ever tried playing Fire Emblem with a friend or family member? If so, how did you play and how did it go?

When I was a young teenager and my two younger brothers and I had limited video games and only on the weekend in order to not bash each others brains in and lose privileges for everyone we play Radiant Dawn on the Wii.  The order of business is the youngest and I would trade chapter and chapter and the order of business was josh each other about their respective failures.

Closest I can think of is today: trying to help my niece after she decided she wanted to play Fates after all this time borrowing the 3DS. It pretty much ended up being me playing it as she didn't know how and she always passes to me if she finds something too difficult (a common occurance) and she quit during the dialogue before chapter 3.

FE's generally a pretty solitary experience for me, barring at a con.