How far are we from the Forest?

Flee Fleet!

I think the SF servers are hosted in the United States, so I'd say more than 15,500 kilometers, more distance added the farther we go from the Pacific.

20 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

about 5 metres (imperial units are for imperial scum)

I agree with this statement.

So dang confusing, yet for some reason, our teacher wants us to use imperial units when woodworking. (Literally everything else in the school is metric.)

2 hours ago, Michelaar said:

I only understand meters and kilo's, Inches, feet, miles, whatever, really confuses me and makes no sense.

I'm from an area that uses them primarily and they still make no sense!

...It will always puzzle me why we Americans are so insistent on continuing to use a system that has such random, arbitrary portioning instead of base 10.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

...It will always puzzle me why we Americans are so insistent on continuing to use a system that has such random, obligatory portioning instead of base 10.

It's a matter of pride national security

We aren't removed from the Forest at all. The forest is all around us, it is everywhere and anywhere. In fact we are all part of the Forest!

Then why is it we cannot recognize this? We cannot because we live unforesty lives, filled with things that guide us away from the fresh, clear, energizing air of the Forest. Through proper thought and action, we can bring ourselves to see the Forest for what it is. We should all seek to attain this recognition, and in the process become the emerald saplings which fill it (and which in fact we already are and cannot cease to be, we can only futilely deny this), our boughs locked in harmony.

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

...It will always puzzle me why we Americans are so insistent on continuing to use a system that has such random, obligatory portioning instead of base 10.

Because everything American football related would spontaneously combust if everything had to be converted from yard lines to meter lines.

And I take particular issue with yards to miles. Does anyone remember on a daily basis that 1760 yards equals a mile? Such an arbitrary number.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Because everything American football related would spontaneously combust if everything had to be converted from yard lines to meter lines.

And I take particular issue with yards to miles. Does anyone remember on a daily basis that 1760 yards equals a mile? Such an arbitrary number.

Yet another reason for me to dislike football, I guess.

I certainly don't remember it, lol.  Meanwhile, the number of meters in a kilometer?  1000.  Easy to remember, easy to convert.

Are the people keeping the old system because they like memorizing such random numbers?  Is it some test of... I dunno, memorization skill?

19 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Are the people keeping the old system because they like memorizing such random numbers?  Is it some test of... I dunno, memorization skill?

Mainly because TRADITION!

It's pretty funny seeing America as one of 3 countries who keep imperial units as they were once under said empire. Or how people in the UK cover up kilometre units on signs. Or here where you can tell someone's age by their use of any measure besides pints (because that's unlikely to go away any time soon).

As to how far I am from a forest, I'd say a couple dozen kilometres.

55 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

We aren't removed from the Forest at all. The forest is all around us, it is everywhere and anywhere. In fact we are all part of the Forest!

Then why is it we cannot recognize this? We cannot because we live unforesty lives, filled with things that guide us away from the fresh, clear, energizing air of the Forest. Through proper thought and action, we can bring ourselves to see the Forest for what it is. We should all seek to attain this recognition, and in the process become the emerald saplings which fill it (and which in fact we already are and cannot cease to be, we can only futilely deny this), our boughs locked in harmony.

Ach du lieber...

I'd say at least 1000 kilometers.

Seems like most answers state a couple of kilometers or more because screw inches.

Good.

Now figure how much speed I would need to reach the forest within the shortest amount of time possible. Please specify time in milliseconds.

Inches...

You poor soul...

Where we are doesn't measure in any units of length...

We are elsewhere. Monk Station. A subway station with leprechauns. Everything you thought fictional exists here.

Dragons, fairies, world peace.

Join us...

:LyonEvil: