I want to do Intermittent Fasting

Junkhead

15 minutes ago, Slumber said:

I did 20/4 intermittent fasting for a few months.

It was alright. I didn't notice a huge difference from just cutting calories.

You are cutting calories. That's whole thing about cutting. You're just doing so in a way that's barely noticeable, which is the whole idea of getting through a diet...

Edited by Soul~!

Just now, Soul~! said:

You are cutting calories. That's whole thing about cutting. You're just doing so in a way that's barely noticeable, which is the whole idea of getting through a diet...

I know that, but many, many places cite it as something WAY better than more or less maintaining a normal diet/schedule and cutting calories.

"Your fasting period is longer, so you're burning more fat."

Stuff like that.

43 minutes ago, John Denver Fan said:

I'm fasting for Hanukkah this year, it is the only Jewish holiday I celebrate since i'm a Christian. I'll also be fasting for Christmas, Easter Sunday, Palm Sunday, and Good Friday.

i dont get it

49 minutes ago, Slumber said:

I know that, but many, many places cite it as something WAY better than more or less maintaining a normal diet/schedule and cutting calories.

"Your fasting period is longer, so you're burning more fat."

Stuff like that.

It's a lot better in the sense that it's much easier to stick to a calorie deficit. If you eat one or two big meals towards the other half of the day, it's not likely you'll eat much more than 1000-1500 calories unless you're on McDonald's or calorie-dense foods (and you can even sneak those in if you have spare calories) making dieting basically enjoyable.

Just now, Soul~! said:

It's a lot better in the sense that it's much easier to stick to a calorie deficit. If you eat one or two big meals towards the other half of the day, it's not likely you'll eat much more than 1000-1500 calories unless you're on McDonald's or calorie-dense foods (and you can even sneak those in if you have spare calories) making dieting basically enjoyable.

Maybe it's just because I never had a problem dealing with the hunger pangs at night, and I liked eating when I woke up more than having to wait until lunch.

• 3 weeks later...