What are you rules for an Awakening iron man run

So after a couple of years I've decided to go back to Awakening after several years of not playing it to see if my opinion of it has changed, and well my opinion on the gameplay has gone down quite a bit, so I decided to do an Ironman run of it. I've decide to keep going after getting a unit killed by an ambush spawn, by the way f#$k ambush spawns, and I've lost enough units that I'm resorting to using the spotpass characters.

So anyway what are some rules you set for yourself. 

5 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

So after a couple of years I've decided to go back to Awakening after several years of not playing it to see if my opinion of it has changed, and well my opinion on the gameplay has gone down quite a bit, so I decided to do an Ironman run of it. I've decide to keep going after getting a unit killed by an ambush spawn, by the way f#$k ambush spawns, and I've lost enough units that I'm resorting to using the spotpass characters.

So anyway what are some rules you set for yourself. 

THis was not an ironman run, but I did a spot pass/DLC only run recently (rules: can only use crom, robin, spotpass characters, and characters from the first DLC pack.) THis run was on hard casual with as few units purchased as possible (ended up buying two early ones due to lack of competent early units). It was really interesting "bootstraping" my team Detailed analysis by character can be found in this thread:

Important stuff from that thread: Jamka is BROKEN (seriously, who thought that galeforce on a otherwise quite good level 15 unpromoted unit even vagley approximated balance?). Soren has aptitude. nough said. The thiefs and staffbots I used were pretty bad. You may want to reclass someone if you lost gaius or lisa and marabell. Also, spotpass units as a catagory have serious class skewage. There are almost no axe users, and way too many myrmadons. (what else is new).