Choose Your Legends: Round 2 - Jan 21 - 28! Who will YOU vote for? [FEB 1: RESULTS ARE IN]

Coolmanio

Just now, silveraura25 said:

That Jaafers likes to think he knows everything when he hasn't even done proper research as to why the Tellius games didn't sell well.

Yeah, apparently not.

I'm biased for Tellius, I know, but it always bugs me when people say Tellius must be bad because it sold bad or that Tellius wouldn't do well now because it sold bad. Tellius should theoretically do superbly now because Ike is mega popular and Micaiah is somewhat popular too.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, apparently not.

I'm biased for Tellius, I know, but it always bugs me when people say Tellius must be bad because it sold bad or that Tellius wouldn't do well now because it sold bad. Tellius should theoretically do superbly now because Ike is mega popular and Micaiah is somewhat popular too.

Micaiah's popularity has actually been steadily growing since RD's release. She placed top 10 in the first poll! I know you don't like her but that's proof that as more people are exposed to Tellius the more they seem to like it.

Also Ike. Ike won first by a landslide if you combine is CYL votes.

6 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

Micaiah's popularity has actually been steadily growing since RD's release. She placed top 10 in the first poll! I know you don't like her but that's proof that as more people are exposed to Tellius the more they seem to like it.

Also Ike. Ike won first by a landslide if you combine is CYL votes.

I know, but given how many people have not even played Tellius, I feel like it's more that people like her design (which is understandable, even I like it, I just didn't like how she was written), or are just really dedicated to her or both. I wouldn't be surprised if all the Micaiah fans used all their votes for her. That's a reason CYL is a bit iffy to go by. We don't know how many votes each person gave each character that they voted for. A lot of the people that voted RD Ike probably also voted PoR Ike, so we can't say for certain that he really is the most popular even when combining his votes.

If a ton of people want to play Tellius though, awesome. Would give IS all the reason in the world to remake them and/or make them more accessible.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, apparently not.

Sales doesn't need to represent the full quality of the game. 

I mean, by now, Fates is by far the most popular game because it sold the most. But we all know by now that the story and lots of things in it is pretty much a dumpster fire. It did some things right, but there were way too many wrongs. 

Tellius series are good games. However, just because the story and some of the missions are great doesn't mean that the game itself is perfect. There are lots of things that can make or break a game. Tellius' biggest mistake was the controversy of making Normal-Hard-Lunatic be translated as Easy-Normal-Hard for the western audience. And how many people didn't want to play Easy because that's for sissies? A lot, so they picked Normal, or the daring ones chose Hard, not realizing that they actually picked Hard and Lunatic. 

They play the game, and they get overwhelmed by it, and this causes sales to take a huge hit. 

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Tellius series are good games. However, just because the story and some of the missions are great doesn't mean that the game itself is perfect. There are lots of things that can make or break a game. Tellius' biggest mistake was the controversy of making Normal-Hard-Lunatic be translated as Easy-Normal-Hard for the western audience. And how many people didn't want to play Easy because that's for sissies? A lot, so they picked Normal, or the daring ones chose Hard, not realizing that they actually picked Hard and Lunatic. 

They play the game, and they get overwhelmed by it, and this causes sales to take a huge hit. 

Yeah, that was a really big mistake too, honestly. Also caused the bug that prevented easy mode PoR save data from being transferred. >_>

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Sales doesn't need to represent the full quality of the game. 

I mean, by now, Fates is by far the most popular game because it sold the most. But we all know by now that the story and lots of things in it is pretty much a dumpster fire. It did some things right, but there were way too many wrongs. 

I always find this funny since three words got mistranslated and because of that it got poor reviews resulting in lackluster sales.

Edited by silveraura25

Just now, silveraura25 said:

I always find this funny since three words got mistranslated and because of that it got poor reviews resulting in lackluster sales.

All it sometimes takes is one missing nail to bring down half a building I suppose.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I know, but given how many people have not even played Tellius, I feel like it's more that people like her design (which is understandable, even I like it, I just didn't like how she was written), or are just really dedicated to her or both. I wouldn't be surprised if all the Micaiah fans used all their votes for her. That's a reason CYL is a bit iffy to go by. We don't know how many votes each person gave each character that they voted for. A lot of the people that voted RD Ike probably also voted PoR Ike, so we can't say for certain that he really is the most popular even when combining his votes.

If a ton of people want to play Tellius though, awesome. Would give IS all the reason in the world to remake them and/or make them more accessible.

I doubt that people voted for Micaiah purely for aesthetic reasons at this point. I mean, if you talk about Camilla to a Camilla fan, you will hear them list many reasons why they are in fact a great character. Or if you talk about Tharja, you'll find many that defend her as well who say that she's amazing. You wouldn't understand it, but they have more reason than just cause they have big boobs. It can be an initial attraction, but thats how a lot of things start. You have an initial attraction, then you dig deeper.

But yeah, I doubt that the voting system can be a definite thing. Not to mention, there are still many issues in how characters are split. Robin/Corrin/Kris are split between male and female. Marth is split between Shadow Dragon and New Mystery. Meaning votes will be divided. 

Yeah, still not seeing them bringing in the Tellius series remake anytime soon. They're more than likely to just make it possible to play them in the new systems, like FE7, FE8, and FE11 are. 

Honestly I think Jaafers is a troll since this is the first time I have seen them post.

As to CYL 2 I voted for Naesala, Kaze, Priam and Cormag.  Next is Elphin, then Nailah and Zihark.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I doubt that people voted for Micaiah purely for aesthetic reasons at this point. I mean, if you talk about Camilla to a Camilla fan, you will hear them list many reasons why they are in fact a great character. Or if you talk about Tharja, you'll find many that defend her as well who say that she's amazing. You wouldn't understand it, but they have more reason than just cause they have big boobs. It can be an initial attraction, but thats how a lot of things start. You have an initial attraction, then you dig deeper.

But yeah, I doubt that the voting system can be a definite thing. Not to mention, there are still many issues in how characters are split. Robin/Corrin/Kris are split between male and female. Marth is split between Shadow Dragon and New Mystery. Meaning votes will be divided. 

Yeah, still not seeing them bringing in the Tellius series remake anytime soon. They're more than likely to just make it possible to play them in the new systems, like FE7, FE8, and FE11 are. 

Eh, well, we'll never know for sure. We can't possibly know what's in all those fans' heads.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Eh, well, we'll never know for sure. We can't possibly know what's in all those fans' heads.

You are correct. But you can probably just literally walk up to a Camilla or Tharja fan, ask them what they like about said character, and if they are able to talk about things other than her sex appeal, there you go. 

The bottom line is this: Unless Tellius fans, or fans of certain Tellius characters, don't magically start supporting their characters over the GBA and 3DS characters, then I fully expect Tellius to do much worse on CYL 2 than its fans are expecting. GBA and 3DS characters (oh, and Reinhardt too!) all have clear cut characters who are in the running for top 10. Tellius has like, what, only Micaiah? Don't be surprised when you see the Tellius cast not doing well. All the preliminary results point towards this realistically happening. 

I fully expect the actual results of the CYL 2 to vindicate what I am saying. 

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

You are correct. But you can probably just literally walk up to a Camilla or Tharja fan, ask them what they like about said character, and if they are able to talk about things other than her sex appeal, there you go. 

I should hope so. Liking a character just for their boobs is dumb.

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

Tell that to the majority of the Loki voters. 

Yeah, voting her is dumb. All she has is boobs. She has less going for her than Camilla or Tharja ever did.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, voting her is dumb. All she has is boobs. She has less going for her than Camilla or Tharja ever did.

Its the Faye voters that confuses me, really. But based on what we've seen on Loki, she's a cunning, manipulative woman that has been manipulating several things so that Surtur can come in. So I would not say that she is completely seen for boobs, but yeah, due to how little she has appeared, boobs are likely the larger factor.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Its the Faye voters that confuses me, really. But based on what we've seen on Loki, she's a cunning, manipulative woman that has been manipulating several things so that Surtur can come in. So I would not say that she is completely seen for boobs, but yeah, due to how little she has appeared, boobs are likely the larger factor.

Yeah, like how I like Laevatein because she's really cute. But I find her entire design good, not just her breasts...

What the hell happened while I was gone?

I'm going to temporarily lock this and try to sort things out.  This may take a while, since I'm also dealing with a very nasty bout of food poisoning.

EDIT: Well, it was nice for a while.  So now have some quotes:

1 hour ago, Jaafers said:

Biased opinions aside, Tellius characters in general are receiving much less support than GBA and 3DS characters. This Reddit poll asking fans to submit who they would be voting for proves it. The Tellius characters are earning much less support than their GBA and 3DS counterparts. And if hardcore FE fans on places like Reddit are not voting for Tellius, there is no chance that lesser fans, perhaps those who have only played the 3DS entries, would vote for any Tellius characters.

This goes completely in line with the notion that Tellius has a very small fanbase overall. They are just vocal, and thus don't realize how small they actually are.

https://pastebin.com/5zL9ymea

Shall I tell you why you need our Lord and Savior Jesus in your life?  No?  Guess what, unwanted preaching is really annoying.  You're doing it here.  Stop it.

And while you're at it, work out your issues with Tellius elsewhere.  I'm not the biggest fan of it, yet I can somehow express myself without shitting on those who do like Tellius.  We FE players have different opinions, and that's perfectly alright.

39 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

To be fair, Micaiah's outfit is really pretty.  I don't like her character, but her fashion taste is impeccable, and it just gets better as she promotes.

---

And in other news, voted for RD Brom.  Because I said I would!

Edited by eclipse

17 minutes ago, eclipse said:

To be fair, Micaiah's outfit is really pretty.  I don't like her character, but her fashion taste is impeccable, and it just gets better as she promotes.

Yeah, I do agree, all of her designs are nice to some degree. Though I don't get why she decided to ditch the pants/leggings for her final outfit. It's not a big deal, it just bugs me a bit.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I do agree, all of her designs are nice to some degree. Though I don't get why she decided to ditch the pants/leggings for her final outfit. It's not a big deal, it just bugs me a bit.

The skirt style really emphasizes her legs.  IMO the black leggings would've detracted from it.

A very small part of me is curious to see what a CYL Micaiah would look like.  Not going to vote for her, but it'll be something to look forward to.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

The skirt style really emphasizes her legs.  IMO the black leggings would've detracted from it.

A very small part of me is curious to see what a CYL Micaiah would look like.  Not going to vote for her, but it'll be something to look forward to.

Well, the leggings could've been white then. xP

And yeah, I suppose that could be interesting.

53 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Its the Faye voters that confuses me, really.

Faye? Just like Tobin, she deserves a better representation. The chances of actually having Harrier Faye or Bow Knight/Oliphantier Tobin are too good to pass up. I’d rather have either of those over what would most likely be another infantry sword user in Celica. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

Faye? Just like Tobin, she deserves a better representation. The chances of actually having Harrier Faye or Bow Knight/Oliphantier Tobin are too good to pass up. 

I care not for Faye. She's the worst character that really should not have existed in Echoes. Just... no. 

I won't judge anyone for liking her, but I just cannot understand why they would like her, since so very little seems to be redeemable from what's been shown.

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

I care not for Faye. She's the worst character that really should not have existed in Echoes. Just... no. 

I won't judge anyone for liking her, but I just cannot understand why they would like her, since so very little seems to be redeemable from what's been shown.

She was a victim of poor writing and IS’s seemly fetishism for cuckoldry. A character thrown there just to suffer. She deserves better than she got in FEH. 

“Why would anyone like her?” You could say the same for any character. This is the same CYL event that has...Brigand Boss, after all. 

12 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

She was a victim of poor writing and IS’s seemly fetishism for cuckoldry. A character thrown there just to suffer. She deserves better than she got in FEH. 

“Why would anyone like her?” You could say the same for any character. This is the same CYL event that has...Brigand Boss, after all. 

Point taken. 

Well, I don't doubt that she's a victim of poor writing. So allow me to ask a better question. 

Why would the writer actually have written her that way? Like seriously. It's like, they took all of the bad attributes of Camilla and Tharja, and removes literally everything that made them a good character.