FE 4 Inheritance question

Spectraman

Hey guys so I have a question about inheritance, like choosing what weapons and items to give the 2nd generation. For example, lets say that I paired up Ayra and Lex, Lackshe will get Ayra's Brave sword but Skasaher will get nothing since Lex uses axes. Will giving a sword to Lex before Chapter 5 ends means Skasaher will inherit that sword and his axes? 

Another question I have is inventory management. Is there a point in Chapter 5 where I can manage my inventory before the chapter ends so I can prep for the 2nd generation? Or do I have to go all they way back to my home castle to do that?

Children can only inherit usable weapons, so those axes should either not be passed down at all, or they will be stored in the supply. I cannot remember which.

Edited by Tuvy

If a child cannot use a weapon their parents pass down, it disappears. Most of these items can be reobtained in the second generation at some point or another. The exception to this rule are the holy weapons; you will always lose the Tyrfing and the other weapons will always get passed down, even if the child is never capable of using it. If Lex happened to get the kill on one of those Chapter 3 bosses that happen to drop swords and let him hang onto it for the rest of the generation, he will be capable of passing it down. Mind you, Lex killing a sword boss is a lot easier said than done...

Regarding item management, that can be performed from any castle. You'll know when you get to Chapter 5 where the final battle is. All I'll say is that you talk to a person to end the chapter, so make sure all your item management is done by that point.

I think I understand. So here is my question. Lets say I sell my steel blade I have on ayra to the pawnshop and then have Lex buy it. Will it be inherited by skasaher? Also will it be okay if i store all of Lex's items in the storage, does that mean that it will be Skasaher's storage?

1 hour ago, Spectraman said:

I think I understand. So here is my question. Lets say I sell my steel blade I have on ayra to the pawnshop and then have Lex buy it. Will it be inherited by skasaher? Also will it be okay if i store all of Lex's items in the storage, does that mean that it will be Skasaher's storage?

Lex won't be able to buy it.

I'm pretty sure it will count any weapons stored (though again, not certain about axes), but there's no real point to Lex passing down axes, it'll be about as useful if you sell his weapons near the end and pass the money down.

5 hours ago, Spectraman said:

Will giving a sword to Lex before Chapter 5 ends means Skasaher will inherit that sword and his axes? 

The only way Lex can pass down swords is he kills an enemy who drops a sword.... not likely to happen. Also characters can't buy weapons they can't use..... honestly, just give Ayra a spare sword and have Larcei sell it so Ulster can buy it

4 hours ago, Spectraman said:

So is it better if I sell all of Lex's weapons?

Tbh, yes. This way, Ulster can get some money instead of nothing. The only item of worth that is lost is the Brave Axe, but don't worry, you can get it fairly early on in the second generation.

Edited by Dandy Druid
spelling