Why do you like your favorite character?

I've recently been on a personal analysing journey, wondering why exactly it is that some of my favorite characters are, well, my favorites. Especially in FE.

Now I'm mostly referring to main characters here, the Lords, but if your all time favorite is a different character then please contribute too!

My question is: Why are your favorite FE characters your favorites? The reasons can be anything but I've noticed that true favorite characters usually have some deeper reasonings behind them.

Mine is, no surprise here, Micaiah. To a nine year old girl picking up RD and playing it, Micaiah was a huge shift from normal and one that I subconsciously really liked. Finally I had a female main character that wasn't Xena Warrior Princess levels of badass, was soft spoken and intelligent with a dry sense of humor without being biting, and who slowly grew into her role of leadership. Of course I couldn't have explained this well at nine so I decided to look back and it made me curious.