I'm Almost Done With The Spice & Wolf Books AMA up to Vol 12

wasn't sure where I could post this so FFTF 4 me

not gonna lie, I've never read this far into any series.

I'm waiting on Vol 13 to come into the mail, so I'm 12 books in deep. I gotta say that I'm really enjoying the books, though the 9th and 10th books no one online really understands what was going on with the whole narwhal deal other than some corruption, and book 12, which I still don't understand a line.

anyways I highly recommend reading from the begining as quite a bit was cut from the Anime it was based on as well as them skipping book 4 entirely and cutting out parts of the 5 book 

so AMA

26 minutes ago, Dayni said:

My question: Why Spice and Wolf? What made it so compelling to you?

I ask as I don't know about it at all.

I watched the Anime, and fell in love with the characters and world.

also I have a bit of trouble not finishing stories, if it's out there I have to see it till the end no matter how bad it is

I'll say it's on of my favorite series, minus the side colors books, I don't care for them as much

A reminder that I should read further. I'm also on Side Color 2  and I really enjoy the writing from Isuna Hasekura.
I also recommend to look at World End Economica on steam. Which is a Visual Novel from the same writer. 

In my case I find the interaction between Lorenz and Horo quite enjoyable. The tease battles are funny and also the story can be intense. I think what it makes so good is that the writer puts his knowledge into it. Which is also visible in World End Economica. 
Another aspect is the age of the characters. Which makes it also more compelling for an older target group. This may sound trivial, but I enjoy this because it's quite rare nowadays.