Wars in Fire Emblem

Ninjato

I think it's safe to say Fire Emblem is the closest we'll get to Star Wars in the Fantasy Videogame community lol. In it's expansive history the Fire Emblem world has had a large array of conflicts known and unknown. I'd like to know your thoughts and/or ideas on what kind of conflict we'll face in the Fire Emblem Switch. On that note I'm also curious as to how long the wars in the games last if anyone knows.

Personally, I still to hope to see one day in FE something inspired by Latin America's independence wars.

Well, from what I remember, usually FE games take place on the span of a year, or around there. I know the oldest games do take place in just one year considering their calendars. Genealogy's Gen 1 lasts three years, but there's at least a year and a half in time skips, so the time of actual warfare doesn't last that longer than the average. And Awakening has its two-year time skip, so that doesn't count either.

42 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Personally, I still to hope to see one day in FE something inspired by Latin America's independence wars.

Well, from what I remember, usually FE games take place on the span of a year, or around there. I know the oldest games do take place in just one year considering their calendars. Genealogy's Gen 1 lasts three years, but there's at least a year and a half in time skips, so the time of actual warfare doesn't last that longer than the average. And Awakening has its two-year time skip, so that doesn't count either.

Ooh that sounds interesting. I've aways wanted to play through a conflict reminiscent of the Napoleonic Wars or at least a Fire Emblem equivalent of WWI since it's the least represented of the two world wars. Like having the game take place on two continents like in Awakening and have a coalition of nations clash with each other, similar to PoR and RD's conflicts.

The first thing i thought about when reading the title is that even though every conflict in Fire emblem is presented as being a formal war, wouldn't seom of them be more along the lines of undeclared "police actions"? I mean presumably the euphenaism never aplies because that would assume that the stronger nation got away with it with and continued its politics, but still...

1 hour ago, Reality said:

The first thing i thought about when reading the title is that even though every conflict in Fire emblem is presented as being a formal war, wouldn't seom of them be more along the lines of undeclared "police actions"? I mean presumably the euphenaism never aplies because that would assume that the stronger nation got away with it with and continued its politics, but still...

Hmm fair point, maybe I should've used a more broad term like "conflict" or something...