• Xander the Pimp
    • Kagero the Ninjabbit
    • Camilla the Naughty Bun
    • Sharena the Bun-Bun Pal
    • Lucina the Eggsalt
    • Catria the Bunnywing
    • Chrom the Helpful Rabbit

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/2018 at 05:00 AM

I really hope we get another goofy themed gauntlet like the hair one. Hair gauntlet was best gauntlet and nothing will convince me otherwise.

16 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Hating fictional characters doesn’t make any sense.

Hating/disliking fictional characters makes sense. Getting so bent out of shape over it that someone’s spends hours and hours of their time and energy attacking said character and fans of said character doesn’t make any sense. 

This fandom needs a timeout corner. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want a Smash Bros. gauntlet. Especially now that they've shown they're willing to do them with characters not in banners. Characters v. Avatars? 

Marth, Roy, Ike, Lucina v. Robin(m), Robin(f), Corrin(f), Corrin(m)

Or even fighters v. "clones"..?

Marth, Ike, Robin, Corrin v. Lucina, Roy, fCorrin, fRobin

Now is the time, or soon. Since they announced the newest Smash game and likely the FE roster on that will change.

Edited by dmurr

44 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Only thing VG is good for is memes

This was when the contenders for the gauntlet were announced. Before any results. All I did was say who I would choose and why. My comments have never attracted hate besides that one Faye comment. I think it's a matter of the people of the FE community rather than Youtube. I frequent other topics besides FE so only FE has only gotten me that one negative comment

True that

Youtube isn't place you should expect civilize comments, but this isn't exactly on topic.

19 minutes ago, dmurr said:

I really want a Smash Bros. gauntlet. Especially now that they've shown they're willing to do them with characters not in banners. Characters v. Avatars? 

Marth, Roy, Ike, Lucina v. Robin(m), Robin(f), Corrin(f), Corrin(m)

Or even fighters v. "clones"..?

Marth, Ike, Robin, Corrin v. Lucina, Roy, fCorrin, fRobin

Now is the time, or soon. Since they announced the newest Smash game and likely the FE roster on that will change.

As much I would love this to be a thing, it's pretty obvious who would the finalist are. Not to mention the massive amount of salt it would generate but hey it's gauntlet.

2 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

What's  up with this Gen 2 being a thing? It's interesting sure, but I'm not really sure Shiro & Siegbert will do well as some people might think. Or you know the children of Fates doing well at all.    :/

Huh? If you're referring to my comment, I meant FE4 Gen 1 vs FE4 Gen 2. I wasn't saying anything about Fates.

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

As much I would love this to be a thing, it's pretty obvious who would the finalist are. Not to mention the massive amount of salt it would generate but hey it's gauntlet.

I'm not sure that's really true. I'd expect the popularity to be something like..

Ike > Lucina > Roy > fCorrin > Marth > mRobin > fRobin > mCorrin

..but not by a lot, not to mention that the voting gauntlet has a lot of mix-ups due to the multipliers and the initial match-ups.

Edited by dmurr

3 hours ago, Othin said:

Huh? If you're referring to my comment, I meant FE4 Gen 1 vs FE4 Gen 2. I wasn't saying anything about Fates.

Oh, my mistake, I was under the impression we were talking about just Gen 2 characters in general.

1 hour ago, dmurr said:

I'm not sure that's really true. I'd expect the popularity to be something like..

Ike > Lucina > Roy > fCorrin > Marth > mRobin > fRobin > mCorrin

..but not by a lot, not to mention that the voting gauntlet has a lot of mix-ups due to the multipliers and the initial match-ups.

Don't forget about the multiplier which is sure to anger someone. Still like to see a Smash Gauntlet if only because I like to see how Lucina stacks up against Ike, but the 1st hour is only reliable source on who's more popular unless I'm wrong about that.

6 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I’m somewhat hoping it’s Hohrian Royals versus Hoshidian Royals, mostly cause I want a Hoshidian royal to win something. I don’t like all the Nohr favoritism there is.

Yet another cool idea but detriment by the over exposure that Fates already have. I certainly wouldn't mind but probably others that do.

Edited by Zangetsu

3 hours ago, Poimagic said:

I’m somewhat hoping it’s Hohrian Royals versus Hoshidian Royals, mostly cause I want a Hoshidian royal to win something. I don’t like all the Nohr favoritism there is.

If that's your reason, prepare to be dissappointed because if it's that, Camilla is guaranteed to win.  

She loses the CYL gauntlet because there is Ike, who is much preferred, and the NY one, because functionality-wise, Airzura is better, and people are angry she's in a Hoshidan banner just because. in such theme she's almost guaranteed to win except it's a VG of alts and someone (Takumi has the most chance of alts among Hoshido siblings) from the Hoshido siblings has a broken reprint. 

15 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Hating fictional characters doesn’t make any sense.

I'd say hating characters to the same extent as real people would be crazy, but hating bad characters, by which I mean poorly written characters, seems pretty reasonable to me, and may justify any salt directed there way for winning anything. The salt will still be pointless and meaningless, mind you, but it'd make more sense than if there seriously despised the character as if they were a real life murderer or something.

8 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

If that's your reason, prepare to be dissappointed because if it's that, Camilla is guaranteed to win.  

She loses the CYL gauntlet because there is Ike, who is much preferred, and the NY one, because functionality-wise, Airzura is better, and people are angry she's in a Hoshidan banner just because. in such theme she's almost guaranteed to win except it's a VG of alts and someone (Takumi has the most chance of alts among Hoshido siblings) from the Hoshido siblings has a broken reprint. 

What  do you mean she looses CYL gauntlet, because Ike is there? Irc she was like least popular character in that gauntlet. Only getting fight Ike because she got last hour multiplier at least once (and she didn't even fought Lucina who would also get more votes then her without multiplier shenanigans).

Edited by Tenzen12

On 3/12/2018 at 8:04 PM, DraceEmpressa said:

Like @Tenzen12 said, she only got to round 3 because of multiplier shenanigans. And she absolutely got destroyed in the NY voting gauntlet. Not only that, anyone has chance. Camilla has the least among them all, along with Hinoka (unfortunately)

On 3/13/2018 at 6:43 AM, Tenzen12 said:

Irc she was like least popular character in that gauntlet.

She wasn't. That honor goes to the guy standing in for Alfonse as the designated butt monkey Chrom. Roy and Tharja were also less popular than Camilla overall in that VG.

5 hours ago, Poimagic said:

Like @Tenzen12 said, she only got to round 3 because of multiplier shenanigans. And she absolutely got destroyed in the NY voting gauntlet. Not only that, anyone has chance. Camilla has the least among them all, along with Hinoka (unfortunately)

I admit I overestimate Camilla's popularity when it comes to the whole franchise , but when it comes to Fates alone, not so. Also as far as I can see that unit usability heaviliy impacted armies in VG as stronger units always have larger armies. NY Camilla isn't that good when Airzura and WE Tharja have their own amazing niche. in the flier VG Camilla destorys Hinoka, what do you mean she didn 't stand a chance? Generally people prefers Nohr family , which was the reason why as we spoke Nohr sibs each already have alts when in Hoshido, literally Takumi is the safe money if they need to release Hoshido things (specifically Hoshido, if  Azura and Corn are excluded bc they are Vallite instead).That being said, another reason Camillas army in NY  VG isn't that large is bc people is angry why a Nohrian is in a Hoshidan banner. Not to mention the Nohrian that didn't bat any shit to the future of Hoshido even in RV. There is also the fact she is a sexy women whose default clothes is skimpy and western people oh so love to demonizes that . Lucina, Chrom and Lyn already got 4 alts but the people complaining about them getting too much alts isn't as loud as people who say Camilla is a bitch/slut/whore/thot/hoe any of that. WE Tharja also called that a lot but she's still a very good unit which is why ppl supports her. 

Anyway my point is that Camilla is more likely to won and the second largest army is either Ryoma's bc usability, after that likely Takumi who also have the most fans who still likes him for what he is. 

Ryoma won against Takumi bc currently Ryoma is more useful than any version of Takumi, but Takumi is just that popular he's almost guaranteed to get even more alts and if it's a good one both people who likes his character and people who just side with strong character will side with him. 

I'm not usually one for making speculations, but since the voting gauntlet starts during the Spring banner, and more or less around Easter, I'm thinking it could be a gauntlet of the spring units. And that the Legendary banner might have the first spring units on it. I'm probably wrong, but that's all I can guess it could be right now, unless it's not based on Easter or recent units.

8 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

I'm not usually one for making speculations, but since the voting gauntlet starts during the Spring banner, and more or less around Easter, I'm thinking it could be a gauntlet of the spring units.

Yeah, I also think it is the most plausible assumption. Spring ’17 vs. Spring ’18 is so obvious is hurts.

If it turns out to be the actual theme, I’m going with my princess, of course.

Edited by Vaximillian

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Yeah, I also think it is the most plausible assumption. Spring ’17 vs. Spring ’18 is so obvious is hurts.

What about Alfonse with his Battle of the Bulge?

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Go Lucina! Avenge your loss!

Uh, dude, did you forget that Lucina has won a gauntlet? She won the very first one. She doesn't need to avenge a loss since she already has a win.

Anyway, a Smash gauntlet would be interesting. I'd be going Team Ike, of course. But I'm thinking this is going to be 2017 spring units vs the new ones like others are saying. In which case I'm Team Sharena. If she loses, I'm Team Xander since I have him and I've actually grown fond of him. lol (still hate how he was written in Birthright though) Alfonse would be my third choice. I feel like all three would lose in the first round though... And then there'd be no one else left I care for...

Going for Catria if indeed it's spring themed.
People will be torn between Camilla and Kagero. The fanart of those two battling one another will be very lewd

Edited by silveraura25

48 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

If it does turn out to be the theme I'll just start weeping for Catria now.

But yeah, looking on the calender it can only really be something else if it comes out of left field, like that hair gauntlet. We'll see all in good time, though.

53 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Uh, dude, did you forget that Lucina has won a gauntlet? She won the very first one. She doesn't need to avenge a loss since she already has a win.

I'm assuming he's referring to her last outing (the CYL gauntlet), where she did lose and in the first round thanks to Lyn. Though on the other hand, Lyn wouldn't be involved in a Spring '17 vs. Spring '18 gauntlet so... *shrug*

18 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

People will be torn between Camilla and Kagero. The fanart of those two battling one another will be very lewd

I kind of want Camilla and Kagero to face off in the finals just to fuel the fanartists. And Kagero to win for the same reason.

Not sure which team I'll join, though.

I'm also hoping for a spring seasonal Voting Gauntlet so that they'll have to bring back last year's banner again. I'm one copy of Lucina short of being able to +10 every character on that banner (even if I know the game will just give me a third +10 Caeda first).

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I'm assuming he's referring to her last outing (the CYL gauntlet), where she did lose and in the first round thanks to Lyn. Though on the other hand, Lyn wouldn't be involved in a Spring '17 vs. Spring '18 gauntlet so... *shrug*

Yeah, but at least she still got a win at some point. And true.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Sigh, yes, I was referring to that one. Close enough not to win by multiplier shenanigans, but not close enough to, you know, win.