Debate Challenges

Mekkah

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Fio There's no need for PMs, this thread is 100% dedicated to debate challenging each other and working out details.

Yo, I'd like to debate, I'd like to have a debate involving characters from Fire Emblem Seisen no Keifu, and I'll now await someone to respond to this post, so we can PM each other and set up the characters and rules.

I'll take this bait. Tell me if you want to include EXP rank or not, and which gen you'd prefer. And if you want to do a debate involving one or two children, we should settle beforehand which fathers are used.

Hm...No experience Rank, not until I do a perfect ranked run of FE4. And, basically the characters I'm thinking of is I will use Lester!Jamka and you would use Delmud!Beowulf (Delmud!Fin might drag your rankings down too much). 2nd Generation.

I'm fine with that...though I have to warn you that that isn't exactly an easy match-up for you. I don't mind opening, and I don't mind waiting for you either.

Can you stop posting threads or posting in existing threads on this board? Keep the talk in here or PMs to people. Topics on this board are solely meant for the two debaters to post in, and afterwards, the judges to vote.

Lester is worse than Delmud, because bows suck.

The fact that bows can't counterattack is unavoidable, but depending on the father, Lexter can actually 2HKO someone, while Delmud struggles to actually kill anyone.

The fact that bows can't counterattack is unavoidable, but depending on the father, Lexter can actually 2HKO someone, while Delmud struggles to actually kill anyone.

Delmund is leveling faster. Delmund can kill more people in the enemy phase.

Basically, I will throw a lot of shit at you for Lester not being able to counter on enemy phase.

Huh, your going to need quite a bit more firepower than that I'm afraid. Fair Warning.

Edited by FionordeQuester

What? Delmud has insane strength growth, no matter who did Lachesis.

At least Lester can do hit and run, making him automatically better than every other archer in any FE that isn't 4 or 10 combined.

Delmund is leveling faster. Delmund can kill more people in the enemy phase.
What? Delmud has insane strength growth, no matter who did Lachesis.

At least Lester can do hit and run, making him automatically better than every other archer in any FE that isn't 4 or 10 combined.

Bah, I might be biased, my Delmud ALWAYS sucked terribly.

I can't even prove it as it was on a previous playthrough.

Don't go there dude. Tino rape'd me on a similar debate. Of course, I was defending Rolf, but... you get the idea.

Well, to be fair, Rolf vs. Mordecai was pretty biased for Mordecai.

Astrid can do hit and run too but okay.

Astrid came underlevelled and had crap for statistics. Lester comes in chapter 1 and has pretty good statistics unless you had Azel or somebody screw Aideen.

And REALLY? Did you REALLY get screwed on a 80% strength growth? Were you intentionally running out of RNs or what?

Edited by MightyZagaro

And REALLY? Did you REALLY get screwed on a 80% strength growth? Were you intentionally running out of RNs or what?

The problem wasn't the Strenght, it was Skill and Speed, so he ended hitting nothing.

And his strenght was on average. But still nothing to orgasm about, even Johalva ended better.

So is Faval. Faval=bottom tier.

The Hit and run REALLY makes a difference for Lester, because it makes no melee counter less of an issue. He can get in, kill something, and get out of enemy range. Most other bow users can't do that.

Edited by MightyZagaro

So is Faval. Faval=bottom tier.

We both know why that is invalid. His weapon has 30 might + 10 strength, for Christs sake.

But Ichival is probably the worst holy weapon, and Faval isn't that good either, so..

The Hit and run REALLY makes a difference for Lester, because it makes no melee counter less of an issue. He can get in, kill something, and get out of enemy range. Most other bow users can't do that.

It helps, definitely, but not as much as you said. He'll still be underleveled compared to the rest of your team and he'll still get no action on the enemy phase, the reason why bows suck when they're alone.

Faval isn't that good either, so..

What? He caps basically every stat, starts with sky-high bases, and totally murders stuff, AND has a holy weapon. He's no Sety, but he's still a hell of a powerhouse.

He'll still be underleveled compared to the rest of your team

Not really, his high move ensures he'll get one kill every turn. And he's practically guaranteed kills, too, since he has zero competition for the Hero Bow. He can also make use of the Arena, so I really can't see him having a problem with getting kills. And if his father is Lex [A valid enough choice, Holyn!Lakche is barely worse, also it makes Rana a tank and it doesn't gimp her magic at all, and it makes levelling easier for her] Then it more than cancels out.

Edited by MightyZagaro